Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

Howdy! long time no see. I don't get a chance to run much either, have been out a few times this year with Max Power and Mark, usually at Capalaba on a Friday night. I too have to prepare my cars before I can run again, and am hoping I can finally build my sand scorcher this christmas break (I've only had it a year). I'll email Mark directly and see if he can get out for a run, I think he's been pretty busy with work.

im definitely in for a run over the break :-)

cool, just heard from Mark, he is good to run from the 27th to the 30th, so I will propose Sunday the 29th. Are we thinking on or off road and any preferences? Thornlands is always a good fall back position.

You mean Thornside??

The 29th could work for me. Gives me time to atleast get some stuff ready. During the day would be more ideal for me.

You mean Thornside??

The 29th could work for me. Gives me time to atleast get some stuff ready. During the day would be more ideal for me.

Doh! I did mean thornside, after lunch would probably be best for me too.

I looked at the forecast for the 29th and it is going to be 36 degrees. Should we pick another day?

yeah, thats going to be a tad warm. How about Monday?

Monday works for me. It will be a lot cooler than Sunday. Are you thinking Thorneside? For something more secluded, there is also Redland Bay as an option as well.

Monday works for me. It will be a lot cooler than Sunday. Are you thinking Thorneside? For something more secluded, there is also Redland Bay as an option as well.

Thornside is good for me as the kids have plenty of space to ride with lots of trees, but quite often there are other bike riders and skateboarders etc there. As long as there is some shade and space for the kids I am happy to go pretty much anywhere.

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to jump in again. Been a busy end to the year.

Monday is good for me as well. I agree 36 isn't fun RC weather. I'm keen for Thorneside. Haven't been there in a long time.

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to jump in again. Been a busy end to the year.

Monday is good for me as well. I agree 36 isn't fun RC weather. I'm keen for Thorneside. Haven't been there in a long time.

okey dokey. I was thinking of just after 1 pm as well?

Charged a bunch of batteries and they seem to still work! Trusty boomerang as well as Thundershot works so will have a couple of things to run.

okey dokey, have video. Unfornutately didn't get that final roll, and I need to practice my camera angles a bit! Either way enjoy -

okey dokey, have video. Unfornutately didn't get that final roll, and I need to practice my camera angles a bit! Either way enjoy -

Awesome dude! The Go Pro does such cool video. You would get some amazing stills from that footage too I'd reckon.

Great mix of slo-mo and full speed- nicely done.

Was a great arvo and so nice to get the cars out again.

Cheers

Thanks guys, it was a good day. I'll pull some stills from the original footage in the next day or so. I noticed on some of the earlier shots the camera was angled up a little too much and was cutting of the bottom of the vehicles. I need to explore some of the go pro options so I can take better footage. I can hook it to my iPhone and get preview as well, so I'll do that next time (although that does drain the battery), plus I want to play around with the time-burst feature. I'm also tempted to set up a camera car to get closer footage for longer. Maybe some lunchbox type wheels for stability on my stadium blitzer.

Lastly, when is the next run, maybe Friday night of the 10th? Capalaba?

Happy new year fellas! I'm in for Friday night. I was at the old Capalaba bus station (Behind JB HiFi) the other day, and thought that may be a decent spot as well.

That's the best video so far Johann. Awesome work!

Keen for the 10th as well. Happy to try the old bus station behind JBs if everyone else is happy to. The broken glass at the new shelter last time was a bit off putting.

That's the best video so far Johann. Awesome work!

Keen for the 10th as well. Happy to try the old bus station behind JBs if everyone else is happy to. The broken glass at the new shelter last time was a bit off putting.

Thanks!

I'm happy to try behind JBs. Better get my tam tech porsche finished then!

there might be rain tonight ( we are getting scattered showers here at Ormeau). Is the back of JB covered or is there a plan B?

Hi Yogi,

There is cover for us, but the cars would still be out in the rain. We could go to the Capalaba Central under cover car park, but it may be busy with cinemas being open?

I guess I should clarify, I can cope with being undercover at JBs, I think it night be best to stay away from the cinemas.