Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

Thanks Paul, thats not a problem. He can drop it off at my office - 5/18 Blanck Street, Ormeau. I get there at 7.45, but will be out from 8.40 am until 3.50 pm, but Erin or Wendy there can give him the cash. If he can wait until later, when I'm back I'll be there until at least 5 though,

regards

Johann

I have passed on the info from your post to Morgan.

He is going to aim for delivery in the arvo when you will be at work.

ok, I finally haz a lunchbox! Its a little broken, but not too bad. No wheelie bar, so will have to make two now, plus I'll have to buy another pinion, and maybe get some better body mounts. The chassis is a lot shorter than I realised, so there goes my idea of putting a F350 body on the grasshopper conversion. I think Jacob will enjoy driving this, so no point in re-painting it.

finally edited the video, I had a lot to cut out! I also tried to add in some titles this time, but forgot the background music!

anyway enjoy,

Great fun day and glad we captured the breakages.

Where and when are we destroying next?

Great fun day and glad we captured the breakages.

Where and when are we destroying next?

I am out for a couple of weekends, but should be good towards the end of Feb. At least I should have this lunchbox running by then, plus my Porsche finished (with better motor!). I've also worked out a better bumper bar that uses two shock absorbers, which I'll have to test ;)

With the Can Am Lolo, I can use part of the steering servo saver from a Super Champ or similar. For the rest, I think the best option is to cast new ones from a borrowed car. Anyone care to donate? can be either a Can Am or Datsun, and the parts won't be harmed in the process. I just have to make a mould and then I can re-cast the parts. I've got a casting kit, so I am going to try this with some gearbox parts and a Celica LB Turbo window piece I need. I'll try and have a go this weekend or the following weekend.

we must be due for another night run soon? I'll have Morgan's lunchbox re-done and that grasshopper conversion finished in about a week, so will be keen to run them. Plus despite my new year's resolution not to buy too much, I now have a Blackfoot Xtreme :huh:

I'm also keen for a run soon.

Finally restored the Supershot I bought from Mark a while ago.

post-30075-0-14161500-1392801141_thumb.j

Looking forward to getting it dirty!

nice work there Paul.

I received my last order of lunchbox parts today. I just have to copy the motor mount and the wheelie bar and I will have two lunch boxes. Although I haven't decided on the body for the second one yet. I am leaning towards a '57 chevy body I have.

Here's Morgan's lunchbox with new paint job and almost finished custom bull bar. Just trying to learn how to bent small tubes now :)

Keen to take it for a blast!

lunchbox.jpg

• Like 1

anyone keen for this weekend coming (either Friday night of the 7th or Sunday the 9th)?

I might be able to do Sunday 9th. Keen to fire up the Supershot for its maiden run!

The Lunchbox is looking great Johann. You will have fun running it (and frequently having to flip it back on to its wheels!).

yeah, very keen to run the lunchbox. Sunday afternoon sounds good, but this time I'll keep the kids away. I'll also try my helicopter again.

I figured the lunchie would roll, so I had added this sticker to the back :D

lunchbox_5a.jpg

• Like 1

yeah, very keen to run the lunchbox. Sunday afternoon sounds good, but this time I'll keep the kids away. I'll also try my helicopter again.

I figured the lunchie would roll, so I had added this sticker to the back :D

lunchbox_5a.jpg

Nice job - any reason the tyres are on backwards ?

Maybe different dirt your side of the equator ;)

Nice job - any reason the tyres are on backwards ?

Maybe different dirt your side of the equator ;)

I invoke the "Chewbacca Defense" on this :rolleyes:

ok, I'll be at Thorneside around 1.30 - 2 pm, have to leave around 4 though. I've got my helicopter and plane prepped, so I'll only bring my blackfoot and lunchbox. Still deciding if I should strap the go-pro to the helicopter. I'd be great to get some arial shots, but weight wise I have to ditch the casing, so it will be a little exposed.

• Like 1

Hey all. Should be good to come down around 2pm to watch Johann crash his plane and chopper :)

in saying that, I don't think the helicopter is going to fly, it seems unbalanced, possible due to the last crash it had :rolleyes:

Hey all. Should be good to come down around 2pm to watch Johann crash his plane and chopper :)

Haha, count me in for that too!

I'll be aiming for around 130-2pm.

Just a word of warning- watch your speed along Mooroondu st as it is a 50 kph zone.I know this because I received a nice letter with a happy snap in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

See ya's tomorrow

Weather is not looking great for this arvo.

Hopefully Thorneside has avoided the rain

I was wondering too, we are starting to get a bit of rain our way (Sunnybank), but nothing too heavy though. Might not be good for the plane though.