Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

Thanks Johann, but you don't have to do that, I know that would be a lot of work for you, when I can just buy some from ebay.

nah, its easier for me thank you think. Maybe 15 minutes artwork time as I already the brand name logos, just have to set up some of the text and the star logo. Plus I will be printing decals soonish for the Volvo. Think if it at payment for the Volvo body shell :)

Thanks for the run today guys, had fun.

Any chance of getting you all to list what cars you drove. I should be able to get 3, 3 minute-ish videos from todays footage, and I know most of the cars, but a couple I've forgotten what they were,

cheers

Yeah, great morning! Looking forward to the next run.

I had the King Cab, Manta Ray and Bear Hawk

cheers for the info.

I am splitting up the videos by car. The first is the Wild One and Hornet, I must have had the wrong setting on, as the video from the go pro doesn't feel too smooth on any of the videos. I did get some good slo mo footage from the iPhone though. Will post the rest over the next couple of days.

https://youtu.be/rc-dEkpSTUM

https://youtu.be/rc-dEkpSTUM

(can't seem to get it to show as a video)

2 hours ago, Retro rules! said:

Hey guys

Anyone still around?

howdy, I am!

27 minutes ago, Retro rules! said:

Hi Johann

Itā€™s been a long time!

Have you heard from any of the others?

yeah, its been awhile. I saw Peter (MaxPower) last September, buying a FF01 chassis and parts from him. Mark (AP6138) moved up to the Sunshine coast a couple of years ago. I've visited once and meant to go up there last year, but I've been too busy with work. There is a group that met regularly at Boondall, and if I ever get the chance I'll go along, but I suspect I'll have to wait until the kids ar out of school before that happens.

I'm trying not collect anymore cars now as I have too many cars now, but I have nearly 80, so not leaving the hobby anytime soon. I am trying to move towards scratch building and don't really get out much to drive them. I think I've only been out once this year.

And you, how have you been?

I think the last time I ran the cars was when you shot the last video on this thread nearly 3 years ago. Just been too busy with the kids and work. Iā€™ve moved out to Mount Cotton so Iā€™m gonna try and get over to the Redland Bay track now that itā€™s only 15 mins away.

I suspected Mark had moved to the Sunny Coast as I stumbled across his profile on LinkedIn and saw he was working up there.

I know there is a group that still run out of Boondall but I just donā€™t have the time to run there regularly to make it worthwhile.Ā 

1 hour ago, Retro rules! said:

I think the last time I ran the cars was when you shot the last video on this thread nearly 3 years ago.

That must have been Thornlands. Probably the last time I did any serious driving.

Just been too busy with the kids and work.

yeah, same issues. Mine are getting older now though, 15 and 13. If I've lucky I can convince my daughter to come along and take pics and my son is always keen for a walk. A couple of times we have gone walking and I've taken CC-01 Pajero along.

Iā€™ve moved out to Mount Cotton so Iā€™m gonna try and get over to the Redland Bay track now that itā€™s only 15 mins away.

Is that the track we went to one year just after christmas?

Ā 

I suspected Mark had moved to the Sunny Coast as I stumbled across his profile on LinkedIn and saw he was working up there.

yeah, up near Caloundra, not far from that marine park.

I know there is a group that still run out of Boondall but I just donā€™t have the time to run there regularly to make it worthwhile.Ā 

yeah, its too far for me to go on a Saturday, and too much on a Saturday either.

Ā 

I'm always keen for a run if time permits though.

Yep, it was Thornlands. Was always good for a casual run. I remember one video you made with a GoPro and I was chasing your Lunchboxes around with it.

Yep, I think you came along to the Redland Bay track a couple of times. Itā€™s not very big but itā€™s very vintage friendly. Iā€™ve taken my nephew a couple of times including the time we made this video:

Is Mark still into RC? He was badword bent on collecting the top 100 Tamiya cars and was a fair way along last time I saw him.

My kids are only 5 and 3 so Iā€™ve still got years of family commitments ahead which is why I just donā€™t have the time to run the cars on a consistent basis these days.

Iā€™ve just charged up a few batteries and only one is completely dead fortunately. Iā€™ll probs try and get out for a run in the next couple/few weeks if I can.

Let me know if youā€™re keen.

8 hours ago, Retro rules! said:

Yep, it was Thornlands. Was always good for a casual run. I remember one video you made with a GoPro and I was chasing your Lunchboxes around with it.

Yep, I think you came along to the Redland Bay track a couple of times. Itā€™s not very big but itā€™s very vintage friendly. Iā€™ve taken my nephew a couple of times including the time we made this video:

Is Mark still into RC? He was badword bent on collecting the top 100 Tamiya cars and was a fair way along last time I saw him.

not so much, he and Kel had a bit of a life change and had wanted to move up there. He had to sell most of his collection to help make it happen. I managed to visit once, and they have a really nice place, and a good school nearby for the kids.

Ā 

My kids are only 5 and 3 so Iā€™ve still got years of family commitments ahead which is why I just donā€™t have the time to run the cars on a consistent basis these days.

yeah, I remember those years! Its fun to , but good when the grow and get more independent.

Iā€™ve just charged up a few batteries and only one is completely dead fortunately. Iā€™ll probs try and get out for a run in the next couple/few weeks if I can.

Let me know if youā€™re keen.

always keen, just depends if time permits!Ā Give me a little warning and I can probably arrange to make a Sunday afternoon. Will probably have kids in tow, but Emma is good taking photos though. Jacob is happy to do some videoing, but he hasn't grasped the concept of keeping the camera level yet!

3 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

not so much, he and Kel had a bit of a life change and had wanted to move up there. He had to sell most of his collection to help make it happen. I managed to visit once, and they have a really nice place, and a good school nearby for the kids.

That's fair enough. We moved out to Mount Cotton for the same sort of reasons (life change, good area and school for the kids). RC can be a rather expensive hobby unfortunately, especially when collecting vintage stuff. Hopefully he kept a few runners just so he's still got a finger or two in the hobby. I need to cull some of my collection by getting rid of impulse buys like this one:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_5427.thumb.JPG.2204f64ae537b13dd79e181ff5612a26.JPGIMG_5425.thumb.JPG.45faaae6a82097faee0f33919707a31f.JPGIMG_5424.thumb.JPG.bdc403858f871490d74c8f99392ac3aa.JPG

I bought it a couple years ago and have never run it. Chassis is built pending electrics and wheels to be put on. Body came pre-painted and stickered so maybe that was the appeal! If you know anyone that wants it, let me know.

Ā 

always keen, just depends if time permits!Ā Give me a little warning and I can probably arrange to make a Sunday afternoon. Will probably have kids in tow, but Emma is good taking photos though. Jacob is happy to do some videoing, but he hasn't grasped the concept of keeping the camera level yet!

Yep, will do for sure!

That Merc is nice, I managed to get one earlier this year, but not quite a new condition. I didn't realise they were pre-painted.

I contacted Peter, and he too is keen for a run.

I am still interested as well.Ā  I live on the northside not far from Boondall so I can meet you up there or on the Southside when you decide where and when.Ā  Like many of you guys I have kids and they take up a lot of my weekend time so I rarely go to Boondall now days but I do have free time sometimes.Ā  I have been building the re release Tamiya off road as they come out and I am keen to give them a run.Ā  The kids have taken an interest and I want to build them a re release each in time for Christmas, probably a Hornet and Grasshopper.Ā  Cheers.Ā  Ian. :)

Ā 

9 hours ago, Buggy Boy69 said:

I am still interested as well.Ā  I live on the northside not far from Boondall so I can meet you up there or on the Southside when you decide where and when.Ā  Like many of you guys I have kids and they take up a lot of my weekend time so I rarely go to Boondall now days but I do have free time sometimes.Ā  I have been building the re release Tamiya off road as they come out and I am keen to give them a run.Ā  The kids have taken an interest and I want to build them a re release each in time for Christmas, probably a Hornet and Grasshopper.Ā  Cheers.Ā  Ian. :)

Hey Ian, good to hear from you!

Itā€™s good that your kids are taking an interest in RC. Hopefully my girls will too!

Weā€™ll have to go for a run in the next few weeks.

I am still around, just not very active. It has been literally years since having a run.

I work some weekendsĀ but I will see if I can come out if something gets organised.

Ā 

Brad

6 hours ago, bjr250 said:

I am still around, just not very active. It has been literally years since having a run.

I work some weekendsĀ but I will see if I can come out if something gets organised.

Ā 

Brad

Hey Brad

Itā€™s been a very long time.Ā 

Hope all is well with yourself and Kumi.Ā 

Hopefully we can get something nutted out very soon.Ā 

Good to see some of the old faces are still around!

11 hours ago, Retro rules! said:

Hey guys

Was thinking of taking some cars out for a run on Monday.

Anyone else interested?

interested yes, but don't know if I will be available. i'mĀ taking my son to BrisBricks Lego Expo at Chandler Park, but we are still working out times. So if I can manage to get there I will.

Make sure to post picsĀ :D