Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

1 hour ago, yogi-bear said:

interested yes, but don't know if I will be available. i'm taking my son to BrisBricks Lego Expo at Chandler Park, but we are still working out times. So if I can manage to get there I will.

Make sure to post pics :D

Hi Johann,

I didn’t really have anywhere in mind as of yet so happy to work in with you.

Hopefully a couple of others are keen as well.

5 hours ago, Retro rules! said:

Hi Johann,

I didn’t really have anywhere in mind as of yet so happy to work in with you.

Hopefully a couple of others are keen as well.

ok, hopefully I'll know soon, but we are probably going in the morning, either way I should be free by 2 or 3pm. What parks are around?

It’s raining a fair bit over my way (Mount Cotton) at the moment with more due throughout the day so this may not be on the cards tomorrow. 

In terms of venue, I was thinking either Thorneside or the little track at Redland Bay; but open to other suggestions. 1-2pm would work for me time wise.

6 hours ago, Retro rules! said:

It’s raining a fair bit over my way (Mount Cotton) at the moment with more due throughout the day so this may not be on the cards tomorrow. 

In terms of venue, I was thinking either Thorneside or the little track at Redland Bay; but open to other suggestions. 1-2pm would work for me time wise.

forecast is a lot better for tomorrow, so fingers crossed. And thanks to the rain today, my day is now freed up considerably tomorrow, so I am good for anytime, so lets lock in 1 pm?

I'm happy for either Thorneside or Redland Bay, both are about the same distance for me.

I was looking around on Google maps for possible locations and 2 possible locations I found are  381 Avalon Rd, Sheldon or there is Venman Bushland National Park, off Venman Road.

5 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

forecast is a lot better for tomorrow, so fingers crossed. And thanks to the rain today, my day is now freed up considerably tomorrow, so I am good for anytime, so lets lock in 1 pm?

I'm happy for either Thorneside or Redland Bay, both are about the same distance for me.

I was looking around on Google maps for possible locations and 2 possible locations I found are  381 Avalon Rd, Sheldon or there is Venman Bushland National Park, off Venman Road.

Yep, 1pm sounds good. 

I live about 15 mins from the Redland Bay track at Talburpin Park so I can always duck over and see what condition it is in tomorrow morning. 

Ive been to Venman National Park as it’s not far from here. Didn’t really see any spots to run RC cars but we entered from West Mt Cotton Road.

20 minutes ago, Retro rules! said:

Yep, 1pm sounds good. 

I live about 15 mins from the Redland Bay track at Talburpin Park so I can always duck over and see what condition it is in tomorrow morning. 

Ive been to Venman National Park as it’s not far from here. Didn’t really see any spots to run RC cars but we entered from West Mt Cotton Road.

ok, maybe check out Talburpin Park and if thats no good, I'll meet you at Thorneside. 

1 hour ago, yogi-bear said:

ok, maybe check out Talburpin Park and if thats no good, I'll meet you at Thorneside. 

Yep cool. There’s been no rain over here for a few hours now so hopefully it dries up by tomorrow as I’m keen as for some RC action.

Thanks for the meeting up for a run today Johann - it was good fun (with minimal damage!).

Here's the best of the pics:

IMG_1873-opt.jpg

IMG_1884-opt.jpg

IMG_1885-opt.jpg

IMG_1886-opt.jpg

IMG_1934-opt.jpg

IMG_1938-opt.jpg

IMG_1970-opt.jpg

IMG_1983-opt.jpg

IMG_2072-opt.jpg

IMG_2074-opt.jpg

IMG_2114-opt.jpg

IMG_2156-opt.jpg

IMG_2157-opt.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Retro rules! said:

I have more pics but unfortunately, I've maxxed out my upload allowance on here.

send them to me if you want and I can upload them, I have my own server space to host them.

Great pics too!

1 minute ago, yogi-bear said:

send them to me if you want and I can upload them, I have my own server space to host them.

Great pics too!

Yep cool. 

I even had to reduce the image sizes which I don't like doing. 

How's the best way to send them to you?

34 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

a short video from todays run. 

Awesome video! 

I almost cleaned up the poor camera a couple of times with the Terra Conqueror. 

8 minutes ago, Retro rules! said:

Yep cool. 

I even had to reduce the image sizes which I don't like doing. 

How's the best way to send them to you?

cheers, I'll pm you my email address. Make them as large as you like.

4 minutes ago, Retro rules! said:

Awesome video! 

I almost cleaned up the poor camera a couple of times with the Terra Conqueror. 

cheers, unfortunately it stopped recording the last 15 mins or so.

Hey guys. Great to see this thread resurrected.

Yeah we are up at Caloundra now. Sold a fair few of the top 100 but still have plenty of runners and a few working lipos.

Happy to host anyone who wants to come up for a beach run. We’ve got a few spare beds so can even make a weekend trip now it’s warming up.

Until then, keep posting pics!

3 hours ago, ap6318 said:

Hey guys. Great to see this thread resurrected.

Yeah we are up at Caloundra now. Sold a fair few of the top 100 but still have plenty of runners and a few working lipos.

Happy to host anyone who wants to come up for a beach run. We’ve got a few spare beds so can even make a weekend trip now it’s warming up.

Until then, keep posting pics!

Hey Mark!

Good to hear that you kept a few runners. Johann mentioned that you’d sold off most of the collection.

Beach run could be good. Any decent dirt tracks (like Thorneside) up your way?

If you feel like breaking some stuff, there’s always Boondall as well!