Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

If painting and decaling arent you favourite things to do, F1 bodies will drive you nuts! It was a complete pain in the you know what to do the body. Building the chassis was fun though. My next investment will prob be an Avante 2011. They look so cool and building one seems like a badword of a challenge.

Yeah I don't like painting but I will eventually do it, especially if the body is good looking.

To be honest the only reason that I don't have any F1 is that I don't have any convenient places to run on-road that are anything like being smooth enough.

I love the look of the Avante kit in the box (mmmm blisters...) and am looking forward to (eventually) building it. I plan on setting aside a whole day to build the chassis and then paint and decal over a couple of days.

Yeah I don't like painting but I will eventually do it, especially if the body is good looking.

To be honest the only reason that I don't have any F1 is that I don't have any convenient places to run on-road that are anything like being smooth enough.

I love the look of the Avante kit in the box (mmmm blisters...) and am looking forward to (eventually) building it. I plan on setting aside a whole day to build the chassis and then paint and decal over a couple of days.

That's right, you own an avante 2011 don't you. I lose track of what you own! It's one sexy looking buggy (and I don't like spaceship looking buggies). I think the challenge of building such a complex kit is the biggest appeal. Are you gonna run it once built Brad?

Did you guys end up running yesterday??

Yeah, had a run with Peter from 3pm til 5pm at Cleveland Coles when the old trusty security guard kicked us out of the car park.

I'll get some pics up of my restored F189 once Nigel Mansell's head arrives in the post to tempt you into buying one some more Brad.

I never thought I'd see the day when Retro buys a filthy ugly "spaceship buggy"?? Can someone check to see if his TC account has been hacked? I'm not convinced it's really Paul typing that :)

Yeah, had a run with Peter from 3pm til 5pm at Cleveland Coles when the old trusty security guard kicked us out of the car park.

I'll get some pics up of my restored F189 once Nigel Mansell's head arrives in the post to tempt you into buying one some more Brad.

I never thought I'd see the day when Retro buys a filthy ugly "spaceship buggy"?? Can someone check to see if his TC account has been hacked? I'm not convinced it's really Paul typing that :)

I'd imagine security guards are a problem when running in underground car parks? They seem to be everywhere.

That's nice of Nigel to send you his head!

Yeah it's really me- no one has hacked me! In defense, the avante isn't filthy, ugly but mean and sexy looking. Atleast I can look at it for more than a minute without gagging!

That's right, you own an avante 2011 don't you. I lose track of what you own! It's one sexy looking buggy (and I don't like spaceship looking buggies). I think the challenge of building such a complex kit is the biggest appeal. Are you gonna run it once built Brad?

Yea I will run it. I got the 2.2 inch rims and a spare shell and tray so that I can keep the looks for the shelf. It will probably be a long time before I do build it though and then it won't be run as hard as some of my other cars. For me the big appeal of the car is the (over) engineering of the car. There are some cars where the engineering and ultimately the build are what I enjoy the most. I think that this is one of those.

I never thought I'd see the day when Retro buys a filthy ugly "spaceship buggy"?? Can someone check to see if his TC account has been hacked? I'm not convinced it's really Paul typing that ;)

:lol:

The problem with the F1 cars is that I don't really have anywhere convenient to run them, otherwise I am sure that I wold have one as my arm is made of rubber.

Some of the most outrageous spaceship designs are from the first 100. Can anyone say Dragon Series.

I'd imagine security guards are a problem when running in underground car parks? They seem to be everywhere.

I used to run in the multi story at UQ on the weekends and security used to be OK with it.

Then someone decided that that they may have "vicarious liability" if there was an incident and they became fun stoppers.

Yeah it's really me- no one has hacked me! In defense, the avante isn't filthy, ugly but mean and sexy looking. Atleast I can look at it for more than a minute without gagging!

While it doesn't look realistic there is just something about it.

Yea I will run it. I got the 2.2 inch rims and a spare shell and tray so that I can keep the looks for the shelf. It will probably be a long time before I do build it though and then it won't be run as hard as some of my other cars. For me the big appeal of the car is the (over) engineering of the car. There are some cars where the engineering and ultimately the build are what I enjoy the most. I think that this is one of those.

:D

The problem with the F1 cars is that I don't really have anywhere convenient to run them, otherwise I am sure that I wold have one as my arm is made of rubber.

Some of the most outrageous spaceship designs are from the first 100. Can anyone say Dragon Series.

I used to run in the multi story at UQ on the weekends and security used to be OK with it.

Then someone decided that that they may have "vicarious liability" if there was an incident and they became fun stoppers.

While it doesn't look realistic there is just something about it.

Yeah security guards that I have encountered tend not to have a sense of humour and sense of adventure. I remember running my Frog in the tech park carpark when I first got it and was quickly booted out by the security guard who accused me a vandalising the gravel carpark with my 2wd buggy. I called him a rent-a-cop and told him to get a life.

The Dragon series truly was a massive mistake by Tamiya in my opinion. They had such momentum from their 1986 releases and just didn't capatilise. Speaking of spaceships, I had a brain explosion yesterday and bought one of these:-

58067_boxart.jpg

Why?? I don't really know. I saw it on ebay, chucked a bid on and then got notification that I won. I previously had one, which sat in its box for over a year before being traded for my ultima. I guess I kinda regretted getting rid of it as it's quite a historic release for Tamiya i reckon. It was the first 2nd generation 4wd buggy they released and a lot better to drive from many peoples opinon. This time i will build it and run it. I got the bonus wing set for it which makes the car look a lot better I think.

Will have to wait a little bit longer for an Avante now :)

The Dragon series truly was a massive mistake by Tamiya in my opinion. They had such momentum from their 1986 releases and just didn't capatilise. Speaking of spaceships, I had a brain explosion yesterday and bought one of these:-

Why?? I don't really know. I saw it on ebay, chucked a bid on and then got notification that I won. I previously had one, which sat in its box for over a year before being traded for my ultima. I guess I kinda regretted getting rid of it as it's quite a historic release for Tamiya i reckon. It was the first 2nd generation 4wd buggy they released and a lot better to drive from many peoples opinon. This time i will build it and run it. I got the bonus wing set for it which makes the car look a lot better I think.

Will have to wait a little bit longer for an Avante now :(

There was a comic series that tied in with the dragon series in Japan. The popularity was also coming from the 1:32 Mini 4WD series - at one time 15% of all AA batteries sold in Japan went into a Mini 4WD. Still the designs of the Dragon series were not popular outside of Japan as far as I know. The First of the Dragon cars was actually released as a body set for the Hornet/Grasshopper chassis and not a car in it's own right at first.

I want to get a Thundershot as well. It is the only one of the re-released "coffee can" cars that I don't have (the Astute has not been re-released). It would be so much easier if I had of decided that I want one when they were still in production. I am just waiting to find one at the right price now.

Ok, so is anybody still interested in doing a run soon? I'm free from the 29th of December to the 2nd of January.

Do we want to do a beach run or track day?

If anyone is interested, can you please post your preferred date and location?

Have a Merry Christmas :)

Ok, so is anybody still interested in doing a run soon? I'm free from the 29th of December to the 2nd of January.

Do we want to do a beach run or track day?

If anyone is interested, can you please post your preferred date and location?

Have a Merry Christmas :)

Good timing Peter- I was just thinking about our next run. I think beaches will be too crowded to be honest. I'm keen for some off road fun somewhere, don't care where. Maybe thorneside? I'm off work all next week so I'm pretty flexible.

Good timing Peter- I was just thinking about our next run. I think beaches will be too crowded to be honest. I'm keen for some off road fun somewhere, don't care where. Maybe thorneside? I'm off work all next week so I'm pretty flexible.

I'm keen for Thorneside again but only have the public holidays or any day after 4pm.

Merry Christmas guys! Hope you all get what you asked for from Santa!

I'm keen for Thorneside again but only have the public holidays or any day after 4pm.

I too am keen, but not too sure what I am up too. Also keen for somewhere with a lot of open space, as I ended up getting a small r/c plane. Mark I need to talk to you about lipo chargers and that protector circuit at some stage too. As for cars, on or off road I am not fussed.

Santa is bringing me a thundershot- don't know if it's a present or his idea of a sick joke!

Do you want to do next tues?

Santa is bringing me a thundershot- don't know if it's a present or his idea of a sick joke!

Do you want to do next tues?

Tuesday is good for me

I should be able to do Tuesday. Would you blokes be interested it trying out the Wynnum R/C track?

There is an open field there but I don't know if it is big enough for a plane.

I should be able to do Tuesday. Would you blokes be interested it trying out the Wynnum R/C track?

As in the on-road on wynnum road?

Sounds good to me, what is the park name? I'll bring the plane and if I can't fly no problem,

Yes, that's the one.

Im keen to give it a go at some stage- kinda feeling like some off road action this time. I've only got one on-road car so I'll need to get more.

Sounds good to me, what is the park name? I'll bring the plane and if I can't fly no problem,

The park is on Wynnum Road opposite Network Drive. You can get a good look of it on Google earth. It has the road track and a B.M.X track plus a bit of open land.

As in the on-road on wynnum road?

Cool! On and off road. Tuesday the 27/12 I'm good but If it's Tuesday the 3/1 I'll come late afternoon as I have to work that day.

Nigel's head finally arrived. Here is the F189 Ferrari as I got it - Had an SS head!?!

p1100510c.jpg

An now - I didn't have decals so had an attempt at freeehand painting. Got to admit I really enjoyed it and pretty happy with the result considering I can't draw or paint to save myself.

p1140165.jpg

p1140166.jpg

p1140167.jpg

p1140168c.jpg

The park is on Wynnum Road opposite Network Drive. You can get a good look of it on Google earth. It has the road track and a B.M.X track plus a bit of open land.

got it, I've driven past that a number of times. Is that owned by a club or is it council run?

Place- Talburpin park, Redland bay. It's at the end of Phillip st, off Serpentine creek road.

Newtracks053.jpg

How was this place?

Hi Mark the new head looks great, and is a big improvement on the old one.

got it, I've driven past that a number of times. Is that owned by a club or is it council run?

Here is their web site http://www.wynnumrc.com/

Last time I went, I think I read that it was ok to use it, but no drifting is allowed.

Hi Mark the new head looks great, and is a big improvement on the old one.

Haha! Story of my life! :o

Wynnum is the go. Plenty of room, on road track (yep, no drifting) and a bmx track behind.

Haha! Story of my life! :o

Wynnum is the go. Plenty of room, on road track (yep, no drifting) and a bmx track behind.

Hope it's not over-populated. Everytime I've been past it, there has been people using it. And that's on a normal weekday.