Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

There is also aldi who's is deserted after 8pm an completely undercover

No go for me tonight. Too busy during the week to get anything prepared darn it!

Am keen for a run on Aussie day holiday if anyone else is interested. Monday 27 th Jan if I have the date correct.

okey dokey, have video. Unfornutately didn't get that final roll, and I need to practice my camera angles a bit! Either way enjoy -

Here is the cause of the awful noise in the E-Savage after the final roll

f1k4.jpg

Another 2 weeks before I can run it again while waiting for the parts from the US.

Here is the cause of the awful noise in the E-Savage after the final roll

f1k4.jpg

Another 2 weeks before I can run it again while waiting for the parts from the US.

I hope you bought plenty of spare parts! that monster seems to eat parts every time you take it out for a spin.

Also is anyone still interested in a run on the 27th?

Lastly, Mark, Peter and I were discussing the possibility of upgrading a hornet to a Lunchbox, as the gearbox and front suspension is the same. I can get a new chassis for around $10 delivered, plus the D-parts for another $18.50 or so, and a set of tire/rims for $45 or so (although I do already have one pair of tires/rims). I have an F350 body I would use and a donor grasshopper, so looking at $75, plus whatever other parts I might be missing. I'd put new shocks on it, but I am sure I can do a swap with Mark for them :D. Any thoughts on if this is a worthwhile endeavour?

cheers

Johann

I'm definitely keen for the 27th. An off-road run would be good.

You will also require the special 10 tooth pinion, front bumper, the shaft bag which contains axle springs (even though they break pretty easily), the shaft to attach gearbox to chassis and the wheely bar.

They are hard to control but fun to run though!

I'm definitely keen for the 27th. An off-road run would be good.

You will also require the special 10 tooth pinion, front bumper, the shaft bag which contains axle springs (even though they break pretty easily), the shaft to attach gearbox to chassis and the wheely bar.

They are hard to control but fun to run though!

ok, have decided to go for it, but as cheaply as possible. So I've bought a chassis and D-parts for $25.36 so far. I'll get the pinion soon, and think I have some shocks I might be able to use. The front bumper I will have a go making from aluminium as I want to play around with that and improve what I've made so far.

For Monday, I'm keen for off-road as well, but again will have kids in tow. I was hoping for some sort of beach action, but don't know whats close that would be suitable (and not packed with people). Any ideas on where to run?

Thornside is good for me, now I'd better make sure I have some cars ready! Will bring my Wild One this time.

I might be good for an hour or 2. What time are you thinking?

Also, there is a beach at Thorneside. It would be more mud than sand though at low tide.

I might be good for an hour or 2. What time are you thinking?

Also, there is a beach at Thorneside. It would be more mud than sand though at low tide.

I'm good for anytime after 11, or afternoon

I was thinking around 1pm but could do earlier as well.

Not sure what the weather forecast is over weekend so hopefully the rain has cleared up.

I was thinking around 1pm but could do earlier as well.

Not sure what the weather forecast is over weekend so hopefully the rain has cleared up.

ok, did we settle on a time? Weather should be much like today, so afternoon might be better (we had rainy patches here in the morning), so how does 1 or 2 pm sound?

I finally finished my Sand Scorcher chassis too, so I'll bring that along for a test drive too.

Around 1pm works for me.

I bought a vintage Terra Conqueror (although I suspect it's more Manta Ray) which I was hoping to run but still needs work done to it.

I'll be at Thorneside between 1 and 2pm.... yes, you know me, it will be closer to 2 :)

thanks for the drive guys. I got both accidents on camera in all their gory detail, so I will post some video as soon as I can, but might be a day or two. There is also some good footage of some of the other cars. To top the day off, Emma left her her bike against my car too :(

Was heaps of fun today- glad to go home casualty free as well (as it's a rarity!)

Look forward to seeing the footage from the Go Pro, including the two accidents. The camera got mighty close a few times so it should look awesome.

The Sonic Fighter's performance was surprisingly quite impressive- It's still fugly though Mark hahaha!

Johann, the Lunchbox we were discussing is yours for $50. Nothing is cracked and also has a new pinion I was told.

Let me know if you are happy with that and still wanting it.

Was heaps of fun today- glad to go home casualty free as well (as it's a rarity!)

Look forward to seeing the footage from the Go Pro, including the two accidents. The camera got mighty close a few times so it should look awesome.

The Sonic Fighter's performance was surprisingly quite impressive- It's still fugly though Mark hahaha!

Johann, the Lunchbox we were discussing is yours for $50. Nothing is cracked and also has a new pinion I was told.

Let me know if you are happy with that and still wanting it.

Thanks, at $50 - done! let me know when and where to deliver the money, or if we just catch up next time.

Yeah, there is some good shots, but I have to cut a lot out, remind me not to let my kids film again! The scorcher won't be too hard to fix, a new nose cone and some welding on the front and it will be almost new again.

Johann, I spoke with Morgan regarding the Lunchbox and he said he is available on Friday if you would like it then? He said he could bring it down to you at Ormeau sometime one Friday if it suits?

Cheers

Paul