Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

This was our best meet yet. What a great turn out. Great to see a few new faces too.

Next run on Monday the 28th December (public holiday).

Here are a couple of pics to show the growing numbers :lol:

p1090116.jpg

p1090117s.jpg

p1090119.jpg

Can't wait to see what Santa has brought us all!!

It was a good day! It was good to meet some of you guys & see your cars/try out the track. I should be able to get to the next get together hopefully if back from visiting the family for Chrissy.

Looks like the weather may stop us tomorrow. They are predicting rain for the next 3 days :)

Anyone free Saturday the 2nd for a Happy New Year meet instead?

who do we know that lives near the track? i'm still keen for tomorrow if its only overcast :) i now have a ss TZ for the blitzer hehehehe

Last minute weather check and all is good for today... so far

Another good turn up on Saturday. I had a blast again. It's good to use some of my cars for a change. Trying to get some others up & running for a bit of variety.

What a great meeting it was.

We now have over 15 guys running at least 3 cars each.

Cant wait for the next meet.

Bring it on.

Great photos thanks Brad.

Yes, this is definately working well. Great cars, great people. Can't wait for our next meet on the 16th.

Thanks for the pics Brad & Kumi. Brad your lucky having a partner that is into the hobby & handy with a camera too! There's some great shots there, taken just at the right time.

Thanks for the fantastic pics Brad & Kumi.

I agree you are very lucky having a partner that doesnt mind the R/C cars.

My Kat is like a cat with a bucket of water thrown on it when i metion R/C.

Thanks for the pics guys.

Always nice to catch up with both of you.

Should be there. Trying to bring something different to the last 2 get together s. A stadium blitzer & a blitzer beetle.

Should be there. Trying to bring something different to the last 2 get together s. A stadium blitzer & a blitzer beetle.

Hi, I have only just joined Tamiya Club and live in SE Qld. I am very interested in your running of vintage Tamiya at Boondall. Could you please tell me next run date time please? I am sorry I missed the run day on the 16th January. I look forward to some photos of the run day on the 16th, if anybody took some, being on this forum. Thanks Ian aka Buggy Boy

Hi & welcome to the club. you will be welcomed, informed, entertained, fascinated & broke in no time!!! If you keep an eye out on here or check out the RCTECH forum site there is a thread on there that will keep you informed. The guys normally get together every 2 weeks on a Saturday at 9.30am. Definitely come along & have some fun.

I'm disappointed that I couldn't make it out yesterday due to work.

I hope that everyone had a good time and I hope that I can make it out in a couple of weeks.

Ian, the guys from RC Tech have been going out to Boondall for a fair while and are very welcoming of new faces, a good day is always had by all and it is the cars that are the focus of the day. Notice is usually posted at RC Tech as well as here so I hope that you can make it out soon.

Hey Ian

the next run will be Saturday the 30th January at 9am. Come along and have a run. It's a relaxed, no pressure environment and all the guys are really friendly and eager to help. We spend as much time talking as we do driving.

Left my camera at home so no pics of the last run sorry.

Hey Ian

the next run will be Saturday the 30th January at 9am. Come along and have a run. It's a relaxed, no pressure environment and all the guys are really friendly and eager to help. We spend as much time talking as we do driving.

Left my camera at home so no pics of the last run sorry.

Thankyou for the information. It sounds like great fun sharing an interest in Vintage Tamiya - and running some old style buggy's as well! I will try to get there. Ian aka Buggy boy

Just a friendly reminder to get your gear ready for Saturday :lol:

Charging batteries now.

I will be taking a couple of cars to work with me and I planted the seed to get off early. Hopefully I can get out at about 11.

I wonder how our track will be this weekend after all the rain? I actually drove past there today but was in the car with my boss so couldn't pull in to have a look unfortunately. Should be dry if we have no more rain, I hope.

I wonder how our track will be this weekend after all the rain? I actually drove past there today but was in the car with my boss so couldn't pull in to have a look unfortunately. Should be dry if we have no more rain, I hope.

Hi

Hopefully the track is OK and no wash outs after that rain.

If anyobody who goe to Boondall running days has any 1980's Tamiya RC Guide Books they want to swap please let me know. I have duplicate RC Guide books from the 1990's and 2000's to swap along with Tamiya catalogues from the 1980's, 90's and 2000's. Wanting to add variety to my collection.

Thanks

Ian