Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

Hi All,

did anyone get out last weekend?

Hi Yogi

Nah, a couple of us were just about to do an early Saturday morning dash to the Gap to check out the two tracks but that big storm beat us.

Looks like this weekend won't be a goer either with the rain thats dropped today.

Anyone looking for some on-road fun, here are some pics of a cool place to run. Its the top of the reservoir on Springwood road. I took the FAV for a blast around it and it's cool fun. No nitro's allowed (375 dollar fine) but electrics are welcome.

With all the wet weather predicted in the coming months, this could be an alternative.

on-roadtracks001.jpg

on-roadtracks002.jpg

on-roadtracks004.jpg

on-roadtracks006.jpg

on-roadtracks013.jpg

on-roadtracks011.jpg

on-roadtracks019.jpg

on-roadtracks022.jpg

wow, that looks really cool. I use to live almost across the road in 1987, and had run my hornet there a few times, gee its changed a lot!

wow, that looks really cool. I use to live almost across the road in 1987, and had run my hornet there a few times, gee its changed a lot!

Yeah the council have tried to make it usable for kids. I never see any kids there though, which makes it even better to run cars. I do see other guys up there running cars.

Yeah the council have tried to make it usable for kids. I never see any kids there though, which makes it even better to run cars. I do see other guys up there running cars.

Ooh nice place for some vintage on road action - good find Paul!

Sorry I've been quiet lately guys, work has been killer last few weeks. You'd think they didnt know I have more import things to do like build and run RCs???

Will try and tag along on whatever the next run is.

Have been thinking about this place and will be running my Renault Mk 22 here and if I ever get my Celica LB Turbo restored, that one too. I was thinking they were cars I've never run, parts being too hard to get/expensive, but that place just looks too good to resist! All I need is a battery to fit the cars (They took the smaller 6V battery), which I still have, but I melted one day (overcharged it!), many many years ago. Anyone got any suggestions for a replacement battery that would fit?

Have been thinking about this place and will be running my Renault Mk 22 here and if I ever get my Celica LB Turbo restored, that one too. I was thinking they were cars I've never run, parts being too hard to get/expensive, but that place just looks too good to resist! All I need is a battery to fit the cars (They took the smaller 6V battery), which I still have, but I melted one day (overcharged it!), many many years ago. Anyone got any suggestions for a replacement battery that would fit?

Can't help you on that one but Mark might be able to.

Just purchased an F1 car last night so i'll be giving it a good workout there too.

Can't help you on that one but Mark might be able to.

Just purchased an F1 car last night so i'll be giving it a good workout there too.

which one did you get? Once I've finished my restore projects I intend to branch out a little. A F1 car would be fun. I'd also consider a couple of tanks (then I can battle my son :P)

with the batteries I can get a humped battery from Aussie Hobbies (they are very close to me, so convenient, and the price is fine) which would fit the Celica, and maybe for the Renault I might have to make a battery pack to fit from 5 C cells, but that could be expensive.

which one did you get? Once I've finished my restore projects I intend to branch out a little. A F1 car would be fun. I'd also consider a couple of tanks (then I can battle my son :P)

with the batteries I can get a humped battery from Aussie Hobbies (they are very close to me, so convenient, and the price is fine) which would fit the Celica, and maybe for the Renault I might have to make a battery pack to fit from 5 C cells, but that could be expensive.

I got this:-

TA84194.jpg

Ferrari 643. I'm a big fan of 80's-90's F1 cars, so i thought id start here. It's an old style car based on the new F104 chassis.

If I enjoy it, i will start looking at acquiring some vintage F1's as well. On-road cars are new ground for me so i'll be looking forward to something new.

TA84194.jpg

Ferrari 643. I'm a big fan of 80's-90's F1 cars, so i thought id start here. It's an old style car based on the new F104 chassis.

If I enjoy it, i will start looking at acquiring some vintage F1's as well. On-road cars are new ground for me so i'll be looking forward to something new.

that looks like fun, a friend had a similar one and had a lot of fun with it. Although now he is onto nitro monster trucks now. Myself I am I tend to like off-road and rally, but I can see the appeal of on road car.

that looks like fun, a friend had a similar one and had a lot of fun with it. Although now he is onto nitro monster trucks now. Myself I am I tend to like off-road and rally, but I can see the appeal of on road car.

Yeah I've always been off-road. Thought it was about time I branched out to on-road. Just had to work out what to get. Won't be venturing into the world of nitro though.

Yeah I've always been off-road. Thought it was about time I branched out to on-road. Just had to work out what to get. Won't be venturing into the world of nitro though.

I won 't be going into the world of nitros just yet either, but I'd like to at some stage, probably when my son is old enough to help me. My focus is mainly on restoring my vintage cars at the moment.

Nice F1 Paul. They are great to drive as long as you don't overpower them & have good throttle control. Very light & fast, even with high turn motors. Have fun with it..

Nice F1 Paul. They are great to drive as long as you don't overpower them & have good throttle control. Very light & fast, even with high turn motors. Have fun with it..

Cheers Scott. Any F1's in that vast collection of yours?

Hi Yogi

I don't have any at this exact moment but can get 2200mah 7.4v lipos that are smaller than the old 6v packs so just fill the gap with some foam.

PM me if you need more info or we can chat when we finally meet up for a run soon.

I'm keen for this weekend sometime. Anyone got a day/time preference?

Hi Yogi

I don't have any at this exact moment but can get 2200mah 7.4v lipos that are smaller than the old 6v packs so just fill the gap with some foam.

PM me if you need more info or we can chat when we finally meet up for a run soon.

I'm keen for this weekend sometime. Anyone got a day/time preference?

Hi Ap6318

I've not used the lipos yet, but I could be interested. Do I need a special charger for them? I'll pm you when I get a chance.

This weekend I think will be out for me, on home duties and have to tidy up the yard :(. But will try and come along if anyone ends up going somewhere. Along I'm keen to take my son to the Springwood water tank area, at least he can't hit anything there!

If I enjoy it, i will start looking at acquiring some vintage F1's as well. On-road cars are new ground for me so I'll be looking forward to something new.

Nice. I have thought about getting a F1 car but I don't run the on-road cars that I do have as much as I would like. (Need to run the mini.)

I had a look at the F104 chassis last time I was in Japan and I was tempted but didn't get one. My arm is made of rubber though.

Nice. I have thought about getting a F1 car but I don't run the on-road cars that I do have as much as I would like. (Need to run the mini.)

I had a look at the F104 chassis last time I was in Japan and I was tempted but didn't get one. My arm is made of rubber though.

Haha, thanks Brad. With the prospect of tons of rain predicted for this summer, i thought it was about time i dabbled in some on-road stuff. Atleast concrete dries quicker than dirt!

Super keen to build and run something completely new to me. Mark has a vintage F189 so that will add to the F1 fun.

Found a cool looking track to run cars on today. It's over Clayfield way, so i went a had a look while in the area.

on-roadtracks057.jpg

on-roadtracks056.jpg

on-roadtracks058.jpg

on-roadtracks050.jpg

Haha, thanks Brad. With the prospect of tons of rain predicted for this summer, i thought it was about time i dabbled in some on-road stuff. Atleast concrete dries quicker than dirt!

Super keen to build and run something completely new to me. Mark has a vintage F189 so that will add to the F1 fun.

Found a cool looking track to run cars on today. It's over Clayfield way, so i went a had a look while in the area.

on-roadtracks057.jpg

on-roadtracks056.jpg

on-roadtracks058.jpg

on-roadtracks050.jpg

Hi Retro Rules,

I showed the pics of the Clayfield park to my son and his response - "Awesome - take us there, take us there ...". That one does look pretty cool for some on road action

Hi Retro Rules,

I showed the pics of the Clayfield park to my son and his response - "Awesome - take us there, take us there ...". That one does look pretty cool for some on road action

Yeah it looks brilliant. It's quite a busy park from what I've heard although it was pretty empty at 1pm yesterday. If your son gets bored running cars there is plenty of swings and stuff to play on (if he's not too old!)

Yeah it looks brilliant. It's quite a busy park from what I've heard although it was pretty empty at 1pm yesterday. If your son gets bored running cars there is plenty of swings and stuff to play on (if he's not too old!)

he's only 6, and had asked about the play ground, which I saw in the background of one of the pics. He'd be happy with that, even from that pics the playground looked decent enough. I'll chat to the missus and see if we can make a picnic out of it on Sunday.

There are a few of these kids bike tracks around. I know that there is one in Eagle Farm and I'm pretty sure that there is one near the Chermside Shopping Centre.

The track at Eagle Farm used to get used by drifters about five years ago.

I would be up for a run this weekend if anyone is keen, depending on weather. I could make Saturday (any time) or Sunday arvo. On-road/off-road it doesn't matter if it is raining we could hit up an undercover carpark somewhere. The trick to the carpark though is to find one not in use and where security wouldn't frown upon a group of big kids playing with toy cars. (UQ security can be humourless at times.)

There are a few of these kids bike tracks around. I know that there is one in Eagle Farm and I'm pretty sure that there is one near the Chermside Shopping Centre.

The track at Eagle Farm used to get used by drifters about five years ago.

I would be up for a run this weekend if anyone is keen, depending on weather. I could make Saturday (any time) or Sunday arvo. On-road/off-road it doesn't matter if it is raining we could hit up an undercover carpark somewhere. The trick to the carpark though is to find one not in use and where security wouldn't frown upon a group of big kids playing with toy cars. (UQ security can be humourless at times.)

Mark and I have been talking about having a run this weekend depending on weather. For off-road we were thinking thorneside or redland bay. If too muddy, then maybe the concrete playground on top of springwood reservoir ( pics at top of page)

he's only 6, and had asked about the play ground, which I saw in the background of one of the pics. He'd be happy with that, even from that pics the playground looked decent enough. I'll chat to the missus and see if we can make a picnic out of it on Sunday.

There is a big fort in the playground as well which I'm sure he would enjoy. The park is called Kalinga park in case you were wondering.

Hi Ap6318

I've not used the lipos yet, but I could be interested. Do I need a special charger for them? I'll pm you when I get a chance.

This weekend I think will be out for me, on home duties and have to tidy up the yard :rolleyes:. But will try and come along if anyone ends up going somewhere. Along I'm keen to take my son to the Springwood water tank area, at least he can't hit anything there!

Hi Yogi

I can help you with everything to make the transition to lipo. It's easy as falling off a bike and if treated with respect as safe as ni-cads.

PM me anytime if you want to chat and I'll give you my number.

As for the weekend, Sunday arv works for me. I don't have my F189 ready yet but have a TA-02 rally and TT-01D drifter ready to run on road. Also got a Street Devil that needs a bit of work but no chance for this weekend.