Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

I don't have my F189 ready yet but have a TA-02 rally and TT-01D drifter ready to run on road. Also got a Street Devil that needs a bit of work but no chance for this weekend.

On-road I can get the TT-01 Lancia, M-03 Mini and TT-01 drifter ready to roll. TA-01 has no chance as I still need a lot of parts but I might be able to get the TTG Porsche 934 running five and a half years after I built the chassis if I finish off the paint and decals (this weeks project).

Hi Yogi

I can help you with everything to make the transition to lipo. It's easy as falling off a bike and if treated with respect as safe as ni-cads.

PM me anytime if you want to chat and I'll give you my number.

As for the weekend, Sunday arv works for me. I don't have my F189 ready yet but have a TA-02 rally and TT-01D drifter ready to run on road. Also got a Street Devil that needs a bit of work but no chance for this weekend.

Thanks, I'll PM when I get a chance. Sunday arvo is good for me too, happy to do either off or on-road, Sunday is listed as fine. Managed to work it so I won't have the kids (wife wants to watch the Indy 600), so even better :)

Thanks, I'll PM when I get a chance. Sunday arvo is good for me too, happy to do either off or on-road, Sunday is listed as fine. Managed to work it so I won't have the kids (wife wants to watch the Indy 600), so even better :)

You have a wife that actually wants to watch motor racing??

I got razzed for watching the one hour F1 qualifying last weekend.

You are a very lucky man indeed.

Do you guys want to do Sun arvo at the Springwood reservoir? Everyone seems keen to run some on-road stuff. I'll run my FAV and something else until my F1 is ready.

You have a wife that actually wants to watch motor racing??

I got razzed for watching the one hour F1 qualifying last weekend.

You are a very lucky man indeed.

hehe, yeah, I am surprised by my wife's interest in watching motor racing too, but it is just limited to Bathurst and the Indy.

Do you guys want to do Sun arvo at the Springwood reservoir? Everyone seems keen to run some on-road stuff. I'll run my FAV and something else until my F1 is ready.

Springwood sounds good to me, close to home. I'll have my m03 mini, my hbx pantera (if I get the chassis fixed in time, I managed to break it on my sons foot!) and probably a Celica GT-4 (but I'll be needing a part, speak to you soon Mark about that).

Ok fellas what time tomorrow arvo? I was thinking about 230. There is no shade there so the sun might not be so harsh at that time

Ok fellas what time tomorrow arvo? I was thinking about 230. There is no shade there so the sun might not be so harsh at that time

I can make it earlier, but 2.30 sounds good to me.

The other day Brad mentioned on-road tracks at Chermside and Eagle Farm. Went and had a look on Thursday as i was on a day off.

Firstly the Chermside track :-

on-roadtracks059.jpg

on-roadtracks060.jpg

on-roadtracks061.jpg

on-roadtracks062.jpg

And Eagle Farm

on-roadtracks064.jpg

on-roadtracks065.jpg

on-roadtracks067.jpg

on-roadtracks071.jpg

on-roadtracks068.jpg

Make it 130 instead. Bring hats- you will need them.

Can't make it until about 2:30 at least as I have to work tomorrow morning. :)

Now I have to find some crystals. All of my road gear is on 29MHz.

Can't make it until about 2:30 at least as I have to work tomorrow morning. :)

Now I have to find some crystals. All of my road gear is on 29MHz.

I got some old crystals laying around if you require some? Let me know if you do.

Anyone else want to come for some on- road fun, we will be at springwood reservoir at around 130 onwards. It's on springwood road opposite the tennis club. Nitro/gas cars are not allowed and council will fine you if they catch you. There is a carpark next to the reservoir as well.

Hey guys, here are some pics from this arvo. The glare from the sun made photo taking a bit of a pain but here are a few. Just love that skyline!

23102011738.jpg

23102011739.jpg

23102011742.jpg

23102011765.jpg

23102011770.jpg

23102011777.jpg

23102011781.jpg

23102011793.jpg

Hey guys, here are some pics from this arvo. The glare from the sun made photo taking a bit of a pain but here are a few. Just love that skyline!

Thanks for a great afternoon guys. looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for a great afternoon guys. looking forward to the next one.

Cheers for coming mate. That mini was a hoot!

What a fun afternoon. Good to meet you Johann and was great to catch up with Brad and Kumi again.

Not forgetting brothers Paul and Morgan, its always a pleasure. You are such gentlemen and your cars are so well prepared :P:P:):wub:

Next run on the weekend of the 5th or 6th November. What do we all want to do?

What a fun afternoon. Good to meet you Johann and was great to catch up with Brad and Kumi again.

Not forgetting brothers Paul and Morgan, its always a pleasure. You are such gentlemen and your cars are so well prepared :P:P:):wub:

Thanks brother Mark for your kind words!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a top bloke and your cars are top notch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your drifting is pretty tops too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for that weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See how excited i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just Tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a good afternoon guys. Really enjoyed running some cars that I haven't run in ages (some of them years).

Kumi had a good time as well, even running my Mini and Skyline.

It was great to meet you Johann. I always enjoy running with new people. It was great to catch up with you Mark, Paul and Morgan.

I thought that the Skyline was hard to drift around (over and above my lack of skill) and I worked out why this afternoon. I forgot that I had that chassis set up to run grip originally and the diffs are still open and not locked up.

Up for another run soon but I know that I have other commitments on that weekend.

Gee looks good.

I can make a chermside meet one day.

I do have a on road TA01 i have to put in a 5.5 .

Looks fun.

Keep the pics coming retro

Not forgetting brothers Paul and Morgan, its always a pleasure. You are such gentlemen and your cars are so well prepared :P;):D;)

Thanks Mark, it was good to meet a great bunch of guys. I should be able to make either the 5 or 6th, happy to go wherever, but would prefer somewhere with a playground (I'll have kids in tow).

Cheers Scott. Any F1's in that vast collection of yours?

Sorry about the slow reply Paul. Keep forgetting to read this section lately. I do have a few f101, f102, f103 & f201's. Have you tried yours yet? Looks like you guys have been having some fun.

Sorry about the slow reply Paul. Keep forgetting to read this section lately. I do have a few f101, f102, f103 & f201's. Have you tried yours yet? Looks like you guys have been having some fun.

Still waiting for it- should be here either tomorrow or Monday. Say, if you want to part with any Scott, let me know.

I thought that the Skyline was hard to drift around (over and above my lack of skill) and I worked out why this afternoon. I forgot that I had that chassis set up to run grip originally and the diffs are still open and not locked up.

That's funny Brad. How to build a drift car... Step 1. Lock rear diff.

I'm keen for some dirt action next run. How about Sunday afternoon again. Venue????

That's funny Brad. How to build a drift car... Step 1. Lock rear diff.

I knew there had to be a reason that the tyres were new and the chassis un-run :lol:

I just didn't remember until after I got home the other afternoon as I built it up about 5 years ago and never finished it off (body is still unfinished as the cockpit set hasn't even been started). I built that chassis to display the body mainly but I never got around to building the runner (it is still NIB as a R35 GTR Kit).

I'm keen some vintage dirt fun next weekend. Forecast isn't great for the week though.

Let's hope it stays away as im keen for a "real" vintage off-road meet.

I'm keen some vintage dirt fun next weekend. Forecast isn't great for the week though.

Let's hope it stays away as im keen for a "real" vintage off-road meet.

yeah, I agree, a vintage off-road meet would be great. I'll be bringing my galaxy marui (my first r/c car and all) and a few others from the era. So where are we going to meet? I'll start the ball rolling by picking Thornside (although have never been there), any takers?