Sign in to follow this  
MAD RACER

Super Shot!

Just won a Good Super Shot of Flea Bay. ( cost me though)

I plan this to be my runner. I have a really good shealf Queen and 2 hot shots . One is a runner with a Rc channel metal kit.

There is something about the Super shot that just draws me in. Finally i have a runner after 2 other deals i did for one fell through.

I plan to put a bell crank steering in it and better shocks for this vintage runner/racer.

Who else has one as a runner????

Meee! Fully original, as it came out of the box, with MSC. Just had to replace a lower front suspension arm on it the other day, it snapped at the ball joint.

Runner is in my showroom. It has some proper gold wheels on it now. I have a minty shelfer too, but it's not in my showroom...

- James

I plan this to be my runner. I have a really good shealf Queen and 2 hot shots . One is a runner with a Rc channel metal kit.

There is something about the Super shot that just draws me in. Finally i have a runner after 2 other deals i did for one fell through.

I plan to put a bell crank steering in it and better shocks for this vintage runner/racer.

was it the one with bald super grippers? i wanted to snipe that auction to $380 but stuck at work. i hope a re re comes out soon before i mortgage my house to get one

Yeah saw that one as well had it on my watchlist was gonna bid but thought against it at the last minute .

It was pretty expensive but thats what they sell for I guess .

I asked the guy what condition it was in prior to auction finishing he replied and said shelf queen quallity is it a shelfer ??. I had my doubts as the tyres and some other things just didnt gell.

Enjoy your win :)

I got runner, original xcept the bront bumper and radio box. those were cracked and replaced with hotshot parts

Yes Thats it.

Bormac did the biding on behalf ( thanks ).. Another bidder pushed up the price of $120 U.S in the last minute. Jason couldn't get the bid in on the phone till the last 12 sec's. Im very lucky.

Well to me its really a very good runner. It may need a little work but with my collection of parts from my Shots and spares from on e bay it wont be a problem.

I think i paid too much for it but thats the way it is with Super Shots.

My mate just bought one from here in Australia and paid $350 I paid $500 au for that one with post but looks to be slightly better nick.

I thought the Le Mans 240SB added a little to the sale as it will go in my restored Javelin.

GEE how much will a real good shelf Queen go For Now????

Thanks to all replies.

yay to Millhouse! :D BORMAC's everywhere

these just arrived back from print-testing... sneak preview :o

DSC06150s.jpg

Supershot eh......

I posted this on another thread...but I had one back in the day....I was the only Tamiya 4WD racer against all the fangdangled flash Schumacher and Kyosho cars with saddle packs and Reedy motors. I was only 13-14yrs old but man did I give them a run for their $$$$$. Nothing flash in the car...an ESC that's it. Had a 'Technipower' motor with the endbell adjusted all the way up...and to me it flew!! I bought it off the member at the club second hand but it was in mint condition.....can't remember what I paid for it or what happened to it after all these years.

Wish I still had it...

Yeah, despite the bump steer (which you can tweak out of them) and 'traditional' Hot Shot understeer, they're a rather decent handling car. Dampers soak up the bumps really well. Rather heavy, so they're quite stable, a bit like the Cadillac of the off road world.

I took mine for a spin around the local offroad race track when a younger guy with a modern 2WD buggy took to the track... The 'Shot was planted, and easily kept up with it (I think he had a standard 540 with ESC, I had the Technipower with MSC!), and I even overtook when he span!

There was one long sweeping corner into the start/finish straight, the Super Shot would pull a huge drift all the way around it! Pulling four racing indeed. Was great fun.

- James

I've accumulated every part I need to build one.....except the main body shell ( I have wing & decals). Can someone help me out here?

yay to Millhouse! :P BORMAC's everywhere

these just arrived back from print-testing... sneak preview :P

DSC06150s.jpg

Gee Willy.

They are awsome.

Well done. I just said to Jason that i want a Silver Hot Shot decal sheet from you . Now it will be a Super shot set as well.

You are a Champinion.

Cheers.

Mark.

Yeah, I was watching that too. Probably would have tried for it, but just bought the BC rere so I need to lay back a little and work on my current projects before jumping into another, I just love the looks of that Supershot. It has everything that the HS and HS II don't. I did get a HS II off of ebay last year, but it came in very bad state of repair for what I paid. Seller wasn't entirely up front about its flaws so I got my $ back less the $25 shipping. Oh well. I actually like the HS rere better than HS II. But of course, the Super is just beautiful.

One question though, what are the HS silver decals that Willy has? I have a spare pody set for the HS that I am going to paint but don't have the decals yet. Maybe I'd be interested to get one of Willy's sets if it's nicer

Congrats on the winning of the Super though. I bet you'll have fun.

Yeah, I was watching that too. Probably would have tried for it, but just bought the BC rere so I need to lay back a little and work on my current projects before jumping into another, I just love the looks of that Supershot. It has everything that the HS and HS II don't. I did get a HS II off of ebay last year, but it came in very bad state of repair for what I paid. Seller wasn't entirely up front about its flaws so I got my $ back less the $25 shipping. Oh well. I actually like the HS rere better than HS II. But of course, the Super is just beautiful.

One question though, what are the HS silver decals that Willy has? I have a spare pody set for the HS that I am going to paint but don't have the decals yet. Maybe I'd be interested to get one of Willy's sets if it's nicer

Congrats on the winning of the Super though. I bet you'll have fun.

Willy or Panda GFX.

Click on his name and will take you to his site/store.

Ive only seen photos of his Hot Shot Decals but look very good like the test Super Shots he just posted.

He does a silver set and would go really nice on my Black painted Hot Shot.

I have a original Hot Shot in red but black looks awsome in Hot shots. Now he does Super shots thats even better for all of us.

All we need now is a repo Super Shot bodies.

Sorry Wendy cant help in a shell and have been looking for one for a long time. If they do come up they fetch some big $$$$

I guess thats why S/S fetch good money.