cobrakid

Serious Collection Piece. 1 Of 2 Cobra Rs (tamiya Built)

Come on, lets get this back on track ,no hard feelings anywhere. If anyone is going to buy it, it is most likely someone who prowls these forums, so best not get too upset with us :blink::-)

Paul.

That's it in a nutshell Paul :blink:

Chuck, you have my support - I think some of the "assistance" you received on page one was offered with scepticism foremost in mind rather than a desire to help. It's disingenuous for the guilty to plead otherwise.

Although these people should have checked themselves you also must understand the source of their scepticism... this internet of ours is full of scams and people with no "reputation" (read: post count) should all be approached with some caution.

Now that we're all friends again...

I'm glad you've adjusted your expected valuation, $1500 (USD I assume rather than Pounds Sterling as earlier referenced) seems reasonable for a real collectable. How much of a collectable your item is however, I can't really pass judgement on as I have no point of reference. I do think it's worth much more, to the correct person, that a standard TA02 or standard Cobra.

Be prepared to justify the increase in value from $250 to whatever your reserve is... because of the massive margin between your cost and your expectations you'll have to be careful to ensure it doesn't appear as if a] you ripped the original owner off or b] you're ripping the new owner off... a dilemma if you are aiming for a transparent transaction.

True collectors would probably demand signatures on your testimonials for mega prices... since you've been to so much effort to get the Tamiya letter it would be worth your while going to a little more effort to get it signed I think.

As suggested earlier, put it on eBay, set the reserve as you like, post the link on this site and hope for the best. If it doesn't sell you have lost very little in trying.

Good luck!

[@ OP, not you 'fuggly :) ]

hey dude, just trying to help - no need to SPIT IT BACK IN MY FACE :P

If you think carelessly telling the world how much it was bought for originally will help your attempt at selling it for more,

congrats - you're denser than I when it comes to sales psychology ... good luck.

But should you'd even consider playing it SMARTER... how about knocking on Goldmans' door?

Unaware of the Peter Sachs connection, but i'd bet there's the odd individual at Goldmans who could be looking for a

rare souvenir or unique gift... on their paycheques it'll be chump change (AIG & T.A.R.P not withstanding).

Just for Willy.... ;)

spit_redskin.jpg

:D

Willy, you are pretty close. I actually spent the whole afternoon/evening preparing my pears for the first fermentation in the process of making pear 'brandy'. Of course, it would have been rude not to have sampled a previous vintage....

So you were spot on!

Keep well (and sober)

Paul.

...thanks guys......

I realize that because I am a regular honest guy.....that I may have taken un-needed offense to some of the post. You don't know me and I just joined Tamiya.com etc.

No hard feelings, and thanks to singapore for pics of the real race car.

I am still trying to contact Paul Hacker to see if he wants it back. To me it doesn't make sense for him not want to have this model....just for the story.

PEACE out.... for now...

---chuck

^^^

should go put some feelers out to those fellas on that SVT forum... from their recent chitchat they seem

in the habit of sniping up any Cobra R paraphenalia... i'd make them my most-likely sales target

Ex Racecar Drivers otoh... i don't see many of them too interested in collecting their old race machines

btw this is tamiyaCLUB.com :)

tamiya.com is where your pal Fred hangs out B)

although Fred is sometimes lurking around here too or at Scale4X4

Willy, you are pretty close. I actually spent the whole afternoon/evening preparing my pears for the first fermentation in the process of making pear 'brandy'. Of course, it would have been rude not to have sampled a previous vintage....

So you were spot on!

Keep well (and sober)

Paul.

Oooh - Sounds like a nice project, Paul. With only one small pear tree on our property, we don't really have enough fruit for liquor, but I enjoy doing these:

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

Poire Prisonnieres -- Sort of like growing a ship in a bottle B)

Out of a dozen, usually less than half result in presentable condition. They make nice gifts around the holidays -- but I don't really recommend people drink them, lol

-Steve

That is funny, I plan on doing that next year also :-)

It is great to give gifts from our orchard, but we have so much, I make hundreds of litres of fresh apple juice from the summer apples (I have 4 freezers to store it, there is so much!) we are making our pear brandy, some is going into oak casks, some into small bottles for friends and others into demijohns, we had a harvest of walnuts the year before last so big thay we are still eating it today (as are our neighbours, friends and family!). We are only allowed by law to prepare 60 litres of 50% liquors, which requires perhaps a tonne of pears to prepare. Too much fruit :-)

Now, what was this thread all about? Talk about off topic B)

Paul.

I dont know what it is but it looks good :)

Lol, I'd like to do that with a glass sprite bottle one year and then go into a shop one day and complain what the heck is my sprite!! :)B):)

-edited for truly bad spelling-

Hmmm, I have watched eBay, no Cobra anywhere to be seen...

Cobrakid, have you decided not to sell it?

Paul.

I just caught on this thread... Too funny.

Loaded, sounds like you are a man of fruits. ;) Pears... one of the best... mmm.

To the OP, I cannot comment on the value, but the way you've treated some of the members... I wouldn't be surprised if they kept any valuable information to themselves.