GPW1944

Is This A #58001 Porsche?

G'day,

This is my first post here, hope this is the right place for my query :blink:

I acquired the Tamiya Porsche in the attached photos. As you can see it has seen very much better days, well the body anyway. It's missing the right door, a headlight, holes drilled in the other door, glue over the window edges and generally pretty sad. It'd be shorter to list what's right with it... The chassis seems fine, the tyres are together but some have tiny splits at the centre mold join. Also the wire catches to hold the body shell on are missing.

My question is - is it kit #58001 and if so, what are the chances of trading it as-is for another RC car such as a beat-up Sand Rover in restorable condition, or is the answer to that a 'yeah right in your dreams'-sort of thing?

I'm into more offroad R/C (I have the Tamiya Hummer undergoing modification and an unbuilt repop XR311, some Wild Willys, two amphibious RC 6x6 ATVs and a few tanks amongst others) than on-road racing. Any comments welcome, and thanks.

Steve.

post-31097-1251121338_thumb.jpg

post-31097-1251121369_thumb.jpg

post-31097-1251121386_thumb.jpg

post-31097-1251121404_thumb.jpg

post-31097-1251121433_thumb.jpg

post-31097-1251121441_thumb.jpg

'yeah right in your dreams'-sort of thing?

Hi Steve,

Not at all, its worth quite a few $$$ not sure exactly what as I dont know the condition of a few select parts, but its certainly worth a runner sand rover.

Paul

chassis looks complete... +1 to worth a SandRover in similar condition imho

934 missing body parts can be pilfered off the static kit or the recently-released Black Porsche tribute ltd edn kit

check fleabay, usually there's a regular supply of the sprues for parts you miss

I really like it as it is :D

Good platform for the rere Black hard body[as WillyChang has said],the recent Black kit comes with 2 bodys,

a hard type[in parts.like you have] and a lexan one for the more modern chassis included in the kit.

Welcome to TC BTW :P

Rubbish, it's cheap replica, they were a dime a dozen at the time!

You should be a little embarrassed to have it amongst your collection really... understanding this, I'll take it off your hand for appropriate disposal. Perhaps I could offer you a token €5 or so so that you can confidently claim you no longer have legal ownership should your friends see you with it?

Let me know.

NB: I will of course require you to pay for the postage.

... I'll take it off your hand for appropriate disposal. Perhaps I could offer you a token €5 or so so that you can confidently claim you no longer have legal ownership should your friends see you with it?

Good Samaritan... God bless you.

OK thanks for the information guys, very much appreciated! You are truly legends in your own lunchtime :P

As I mentioned, I'd primarily like to trade for a #58024 Sand Rover, or a #58046 Fast Attack Vehicle if someone had one kicking around. Runner would be great but if not, could be ok too.

I've had a PM offering to buy it outright, and I may consider that, but I'd really prefer to swap for the above. I'm happy to post it to pretty much anywhere in the world. (I'm in Brisneyland, Australia)

Steve.