Sign in to follow this  
Challenger-RT

Spare Parts For Dyna-run Motor 53263 ?

Hi,

I've got a Dyna-Run Super Touring Motor no. 53263. Now I'm looking after some spare parts like a new rotor and brushes. But I didn't find anything on ebay or anywhere else. I've made a picture of the manual that rotor and brushes can be replaced. But there are no spare part numbers shown.

You can watch it here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=91953

So does anybody know the spare part numbers or can help?

Many thanks!!!

Hi,

I've got a Dyna-Run Super Touring Motor no. 53263. Now I'm looking after some spare parts like a new rotor and brushes. But I didn't find anything on ebay or anywhere else. I've made a picture of the manual that rotor and brushes can be replaced. But there are no spare part numbers shown.

You can watch it here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=91953

So does anybody know the spare part numbers or can help?

Many thanks!!!

Any modern standup brush will work with that motor. Talk with your local hobby store to find out what compound will work for your needs...

As for the rotor, I've never seen one for sale. You shouldn't have to replace it though. Talk to the hobby store and find someone with a lathe to cut the comm. With a freshly machined comm and new brushes, the motor will run like new again...

You will also want to clean and oil the bearings. Get some electronics spray and hose out the motor really well. Check to make sure the bearings turn smooth. If they're gritty, hose them out until they are not. Place a drop of bearing lube into the bearings and they should be good to go...