Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Truck

How Reliable Are Lipo Alarms

Hi guys I have converted to using Lipo but my cars esc's do not have a lipo cut out so I bought a Lipo Alarm from ebay. How reliable are these, and has any one had any experiences using them. I used it today and I kept on thinking I am killing batteries...

LIPC.jpg

Thanks

Jack

Hi guys I have converted to using Lipo but my cars esc's do not have a lipo cut out so I bought a Lipo Alarm from ebay. How reliable are these, and has any one had any experiences using them. I used it today and I kept on thinking I am killing batteries...

LIPC.jpg

Thanks

Jack

I have tested mine with both my coaxial heli and my boomerang. the alarm triggered at about when I saw a noticeable drop in performance of the car or heli.

My imax charger verified the cell voltages were right in line.

I have tested mine with both my coaxial heli and my boomerang. the alarm triggered at about when I saw a noticeable drop in performance of the car or heli.

Thanks, that's reassuring.

What was the cell/pack voltage before you started charging?

What was the cell/pack voltage before you started charging?

i actually cannot remember.

I know it might have been a bit above 3v per cell.

maybe 3.5 per cell.

Before purchase, I tried to find out at what voltage they actually warn you. I bought mine from a seller who had a picture of the Intellect LiPo alarm, an in his discription that it started making the alarm noise at 3.15 volts, but when it arrived, it was not the one from Intellect but an unlabeled one. So I don't know what was not right about his description; the picture, or the information about when my alarm goes on. I also read from about another unlabaled LiPo alarm on the bay that the alarm starts at 3.3 volts.