Trip1050

Tomy Intruder... Wheels? Parts? Anything?

Hi all,

I am just starting to restore an old Tomy Intruder from the early 90's but am struggling to find any information or parts anywhere.

If anyone has any info where I could find any parts for this car I would be very gratefull!

Regards

Adam.

I'm afraid you're going to find it hard to find anything - there has been nothing on eBay for a long time, and I don't know of any other sources. If you can get in contact, there's aclub member called Spike who has a few Intruders and has helped me in the past, but I don't know if he's still active...

What do you need? I've got a few bits and peices spare?

I need a shell/undertray/wing for mine...

I'm really after wheels to suit, although I'm not bothered if what they are as long as they fit!

I have a shell and undertray, so may try and get some made from it locally, will let you know if it goes to plan. (Mine has the wrong wing fitted)

Ideally I am after a manual too as it needs a full strip..

Thanks

Adam.

Well if you can repro the body I'd definitely be up for one - unfortunately I sent my shell to somebody who said they were going to repro it and they've since disappeared. I don't think there was anything underhand about it, but it's just a shame I can't get it back...

I don't have standard wheels or the wing fitted to mine either - but I have seen sets of wheels pop up on eBay occasionally.

However, I can help with the manual!

http://www.zaonce.com/downloads/Tomy%20Intruder.pdf

That's obviously for the Adonis (terrible name) version, but I think I've got an EX manual at home too - I'll try to get that scanned in at some point...

No problem on the body, I will see what I can do and keep you posted.

If you find any markings on your wheels I would love to know what they are alternatively I will get some adaptors made up to take some Yoko wheels..

Thanks for the manual, been looking for one for a while! It will save me some major head scratching!

Thanks Terry,

Regarding spares, I am fairly lucky as the my car is complete and runs, but currently has foam tyres fitted which are badly dried up. (hence the need for some new wheels)

I was hoping to race it in a retro class, but may just keep hold of it as its a bit too rare. (shame as I've wanted one since reading the review in Radio Race Car in the 90's!!)

If anyone does find any spares or a donor, I would be interested in it!

If you find any markings on your wheels I would love to know what they are alternatively I will get some adaptors made up to take some Yoko wheels..

There are some pics here (when I still had a shell :lol: )

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...40192&id=32

I think they're JR racing wheels - I'll have a look when I get home from work...

They have square hubs and are attached by two bolts, which is a bit different!

They have square hubs and are attached by two bolts, which is a bit different!
The wheel fitting is standard Yokomo, found on all of their older buggies.

The wheel fitting is standard Yokomo, found on all of their older buggies.

Hmmmm - never had a Yokomo - maybe that should be next on the list of aquisitions... ;)

Are we talking YZ10 or later?

The 2 screw fixing was used from the original 1983 834B Dogfighter right up to the 1998 MX4, which changed by going to a 3 bolt fixing instead of the previous 2 bolt fixing, although if the earlier wheel adapters go on the Tomy axles the MX4 adapters should work as well.

Many thanks for information chaps, I think I have found a source of NIP Yoko wheels... will let you know if it works out!

Bizarrely, the guy I sent my shell to over two years ago just got in contact because I bid on one of his auctions and he recognised my id! Fingers crossed, I should get my shell back soon...

Hiya sorry I'm a bit slow off the mark with this thread :angry:

I've currently got an Intruder I'm selling for a friend of mine, Its fairly good condition just needs a bit of a clean.

It does come with 2 quite battered but unusual Porsche 911 shells - I remember running full size shells on buggy's way back - they were good in close racing because your wheels didnt get tangled up with other cars :)

I'll pop some pictures up here tomorrow