Sign in to follow this  
veedweeb

Newbie To The Forum

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself...

I've been into R/C cars for years, starting off with a Tamiya Lamborghini LM003 (remember those?) then I moved onto a Tamiya Lamborghini Countach before getting a Holiday Buggy, Ford Ranger, Willy's Wheeler, Hornet, Mardave Mini and finally a Schumacher Cougar 2. My biggest regret in all this is that I had a shelf queen sand scorcher that I sold, complete with the original box, for £25!! The stupid things you do when you're young! ;)

I've still got the Hornet and the Schumacher - in fact I raced the Schumacher only last week at Santa Pod.

I've also got a Rough Rider that I'm restoring.

My username comes from my other passion - classic Volkswagens... I've currently got 3 of the things! ;)

Well, that's me. If anyone's interested I'll stick some pictures of the cars - full size VWs or 1/10 buggies.

Great site, btw.

Steve :angry:

i av a thing for the beetles and split screen campers but my real passion is minis. i have a 1969 mk2 that is under restoration by mwah ready for next year. Cant wait!

wilkommen!

i am also vw fanatic. tamiya and vw's seem to go well together.

i also sold too many car's (rc and real) that i regret.

this forum is a great place, you'll like it here.

btw, are you on the vwvortex?

Thanks for the welcomes... it seems a friendly place here!

The reference to racing at Santa Pod was actually drag racing. There was a VW show there and the organisers allowed us to use part of the area for a 1/10th scale drag championship.

These are the cars that turned up:

IMGP3185.jpg

From left to right:

Mardave Mini, shortened and with a shortened VW van body... the owner of this has a full sized shortened VW bus too. The R/C one is an exact replica!

My Schumacher

Modified Mardave Mini again, this time with a Morris Minor body

The two funny cars are Bolink and Parma respectively. They are mentally fast, covering the 40m track from standstill in 3.8 seconds. Very very quick indeed

I don't know much about the truck, but it was surprisingly quick once he got the right gear selected!

The little VW spent most of it's time with the front wheels in the air! ;)

IMG_2013.jpg

thats pretty cool that they let you do that.

i'm racing my one of my real vw's (01 new beetle 1.8t big turbo) at the last vw show in the northeast in october, i wonder if they'll let us do something like that.

although i'm probably one on the only people that would participate.lol

i wonder if they'll let us do something like that.

although i'm probably one on the only people that would participate.lol

Can't hurt to ask, and there's enough time to drum up some interest.

1.8t eh? With the right mods you can get enormous power out of those. I'm into the older aircooled stuff myself, but I do like the NBs

oh, i love the aircooleds too, i have a 74 std beetle with a 1915 in it and i just sold my 1979 bus.

i am truly addicted to these cars. lol

the 1.8t is pushing about 400hp.

oh, i love the aircooleds too, i have a 74 std beetle with a 1915 in it and i just sold my 1979 bus.

i am truly addicted to these cars. lol

the 1.8t is pushing about 400hp.

400?????? Yikes!

With a 1915 in it, the older bug must be pretty quick too.

I've got a '72 Squareback, a '72 bug with a Wizard Roadster kit (I don't know if you could get those in the states) and a T4 van (I think you call them Eurovans over there?). Oh, and an Audi A4 too!

Welcome to the forum, Steve! ;):o

• Hide your wallet
  • don't post a what's it worth thread ;)
  • and may I save and use your wheelying splitty image as an avatar? (it's COOOOOL and I race a blue and white splitty :angry: )

:DB):):)

Welcome to the forum, Steve! ;):o
  • Hide your wallet
  • don't post a what's it worth thread ;)
  • and may I save and use your wheelying splitty image as an avatar? (it's COOOOOL and I race a blue and white splitty :angry: )

:D:):):D

Ok, wallet's hidden. I've been looking round the site and I think I've got my next 6 or 7 projects worked out already!!

I didn't take that particular picture, but I'm sure it'll be OK to use it. I did get a pic of the splitty doing a wheely, but that one taken by a friend was clearer. B)

Welcome to the forum,

Love that Pic! Those types of shots are classic and sure to have a lifetime of being posted on the web.

Joe

Ok, wallet's hidden. I've been looking round the site and I think I've got my next 6 or 7 projects worked out already!!

I didn't take that particular picture, but I'm sure it'll be OK to use it. I did get a pic of the splitty doing a wheely, but that one taken by a friend was clearer. :angry:

Cool. Thanks ;)

Project lists get longer and longer!

Welcome to the forum!

I have a passing interest in veedubs too - and in fact it was being a member of a UK Baja club for a couple of months that made me think about my old Tamiya Monster Beetle, and got me back in to RC.

Four of my 8 models are Beetles. (two Frog based ones, a Falcon based one and my MB)

One day, I'll have a real one :lol:

Wow - that brings back memories - I used to go to Bug Jam and some of the other VWDRC events back in the nineties. You prompted me to google for vwdrc and they've got a website with loads of archive pictures on it.... I'm off to browser for a while!