Sign in to follow this  
Vintagenewbie

Buggy Champ...

So whats the deal tamiya re-issues a car and doesnt produce enough. What are they trying to do raise the cost on their new re-issue buggy ? Been searching for a couple of days now seems like the only places that have it in stock are in Hong Kong (Im very wary of foreign shippers) anyone know any local hobby stores that are selling this model in the US Tower is out of stock. also on a side note still looking for fast attack vehicle front dampers stays I have wild one stays if someone wants to trade...

sold out!!!

But that thanks anyway ;) I just picked up from EBAY for the same price 319.... woo hooo

Stellamodels still have them. They're a HK seller, but they're one of the most reputable sellers there is, no matter what country. Fast shipping too.

- James

So whats the deal tamiya re-issues a car and doesnt produce enough. What are they trying to do raise the cost on their new re-issue buggy ? Been searching for a couple of days now seems like the only places that have it in stock are in Hong Kong (Im very wary of foreign shippers) anyone know any local hobby stores that are selling this model in the US Tower is out of stock. also on a side note still looking for fast attack vehicle front dampers stays I have wild one stays if someone wants to trade...

Why are you "wary" of foreign shippers? There are plenty of good online shops based in Hong Kong that TC members deal with on a regular basis.

What I heard was Tamiya got caught on the bed with the Buggy Champ!

They couldn't forsee the demand of the "legend" so they're behind schedule of produceing it...

It hasn't arrived to sweden yet!!! So we have to wait till christmas or so... :lol:

Badboy

I can't imagine Tamiya would discontinue a car so quickly. they spent of lot of money in producing this buggy chassis, they are going to pimp it with at least a few other bodies like they did the High lift chassis. My bet is their gearing up for a Christmas rere of the scorcher with an optional MFU. I say this as the alternate motor sound of MFC-02 would make a good baja buggy motor.

It only takes one experience to sour foreign shippers... :lol: Ill still shop with them but i am wary...Dude was from spain and boy did he take me fora ride ...

I have a couple, I had 2 cases accidently shipped to me. They have the T-shirts too (so I am told, I haven't received them, but they are in the country and have passed customs already)

Drop me a line, although to most people, I am a foreign seller, unless you are in Czech, that is :-)

Paul.

I have a couple, I had 2 cases accidently shipped to me. They have the T-shirts too (so I am told, I haven't received them, but they are in the country and have passed customs already)

Drop me a line, although to most people, I am a foreign seller, unless you are in Czech, that is :-)

Paul.

Nice "accident" to have. ;)

I can't imagine Tamiya would discontinue a car so quickly. they spent of lot of money in producing this buggy chassis, they are going to pimp it with at least a few other bodies like they did the High lift chassis. My bet is their gearing up for a Christmas rere of the scorcher with an optional MFU. I say this as the alternate motor sound of MFC-02 would make a good baja buggy motor.

I like your thinking ;)

I definately agree the Buggy Champ isn't the last we will see of the SRB

I was thinking they would re-re the Scorcher with the LED lighting kit. There is a perfect space in the form of the empty receiver box to fit the control unit.

OK, now this is either the realms of pure speculation (and hope) or someone actually knows something specific :-D

Paul.

OK, now this is either the realms of pure speculation (and hope) or someone actually knows something specific :-D

Paul.

Come on Paul, you would know by now if it were happening....is the SS coming in December?

Well I heard it was a Ltd Ed run. Ive seen modelsport selling it for well over £300!!!

If you can get the Mag Racer there is a spread about it.

The re-issue SS will be introduced in October (30th Anniversary). That is the reason BC inventory has dried up. All production shifted to the new kit. Buggy fans will be in Scorcher Heaven and we can once again build and run without fear of finding parts. Preliminary poop has the new kit labeled as the Buggy Champ Sand Scorcher.................. ;)

The re-issue SS will be introduced in October (30th Anniversary). That is the reason BC inventory has dried up. All production shifted to the new kit. Buggy fans will be in Scorcher Heaven and we can once again build and run without fear of finding parts. Preliminary poop has the new kit labeled as the Buggy Champ Sand Scorcher.................. :lol:

Do you work for Tamiya, or is this just complete guesswork by yourself?

Is it just me or is this kit not worth over £300 unless ur a collector?

This thread has really taken off .. If only someon had the Front damper stays of a Fast attack Vehicle I would be even happier .....