Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Just a matter of time IMO.

I was thinking the tokyo hobbyshow in October would be a good and fitting time to announce it, just in time to get it in the shops for Xmas.

Remember, this December it will be 30 yrs old !.

I'm excited. :D

Why did you page down and see "Pro-Line has some great Rock Crawling and scale accessories available!" :):lol: [Have another look and you'll know what I'm going on about :rolleyes: ]

[Have another look and you'll know what I'm going on about

I'm not going to reply for fear of lowering the family status of this site. :lol:

I'm not going to reply for fear of lowering the family status of this site. :lol:

yeah, great accessories lol

Not that I'm particularly doubting it but how credible are these guys?

Update: - I trust this source..... :D

http://www.hobbymedia.it/18836/tamiya-sand...er-racing-buggy

Fabby do's :D

Why, they're only quoting RCTVLive ?

This info is no more credible than the other site ;)

The guys from RC TV Live found that Tamiya will release soon a new edition of the legendary scale buggy 1 / 10 Sand Scorcher! There are still no official news from the house of Shizuoka in December but since this model will complete 30 years of life (the Scorcher was originally released in 1979, a month after the Rough Rider) seems a great way to celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of one of mounting kit on the market for more expensive models from RC collection (on Ebay you get to touch the $ 3000 for the new box).

ok my bad, but you'd have to say it's looking positive and inevitable..... ;)

watch this space I guess.....?

Just a matter of time IMO.

I was thinking the tokyo hobbyshow in October would be a good and fitting time to announce it, just in time to get it in the shops for Xmas.

Remember, this December it will be 30 yrs old !.

What date in October is the hobby show?

Didn't get a BC, but I will DEFINITELY be getting one of these. I'm a Beetle-o-holic... rude not to ;)

Yup I guess I will be forced to buy at least 2 NiB's .

Might be able to convince the Mrs I need them for Christmas .

Start dropping the word NiB SS re re in time for christmas .

Does the merry-go-round ever STOP !!! :lol:

Oh Man! Here I am trying to get my vintage Scorcher shells all ready for the strip 'n respray and now there's going to be a re-re. :lol:

Well... I guess I'm just going to have to buy up a whole load of re-re shells just like I did with the Buggy Champ! ;)

It looks to much prank over this!!!

Why should somebody tell this just by a few words and not go beserk?

And secondly an italian site?

And nothing else?

I wish but I won't hope!

I don't think Tamiya would do this before the Super Champ as nothing else

would sell if the SS come out!

Just my 2 minutes...

Badboy

You lot grab all the kits. I'll grab the body sets LOL :) I noticed tonight the start of the dumping of the old body sets on the bay at the usual insane prices. I mean how can anyone bare to paint a 500 quid body shell ! I see they used my youtube on that Italian site LOL.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

NOW ALL WE NEED IS THE TS PAINT BACK!!

I asked a model shop in Ashton Under Lyne (near Manchester) whilst I was grabbing the last of their brush on silver Fox paint and they said they had heard nothing new from Tamiya about any reintroduction of the TS paints to the UK. Only that they had been told that they would be out in a few months, but they had had that same message over and over for the last couple of years from Tamiya. The guy said that if it was a labelling issue it "would not have taken them 2 years to solve it... so must be the substances in the paint". Also the Tamiya rep. never called back for the paints after the recall and they continued to sell the paint for months until they were finally sent back to Tamiya and knew nothing about the thousands of pounds fine LOL.

Needless to say they had no cans of TS paints and they had sold all of the "interesting" colours within a few months and sent the rest back. Curses. Nuthin' left.

:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alistair G.