Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

I'm 26 now, but when I was about 8 years old, my dad got me a second hand RC car, it had a fiberglass chassis with alloy parts, and the most distinctive thing I remember was a bottle of fluid on the rear with a hose to a shock. Now i've revived my interest in RC cars i've been trying to find out what car that was, and only yesterday I found photos of the Super Champ, and i've finally found it!

Hopefully they'll also re-re the SC and i'll be able to own one once again <_<

Keith

I reject reality and substitute my own: "They are not gonna re-release the Sand Scorcher-, the Ford Ranger- and the Super Champ-body".

The one that triggered my rc interest is finally available again! This is absolutely GREAT NEWS! :o

Thanks Tamiya!

I guess WillyChang is getting an upswing on SS decals soon?

As soon as Tamiya reveal the boxart/sponsor decals we know if we need to order!!! :o

O'boy, o'boy o'boy!!!

Badboy

meh, to be honest wasn't a huge popularity spike on the SRB sets when BC came :o maybe i could layout a single sheet just for SS

i'll go draw up some "53" roundels anyways :P

meh, to be honest wasn't a huge popularity spike on the SRB sets when BC came :o maybe i could layout a single sheet just for SS

i'll go draw up some "53" roundels anyways :)

You will probably hear from me soon!!! :P

Badboy

i'll go draw up some "53" roundels anyways :P

53 roundels? Hmmm. You might have to add a set for me too!

I can't wait until release day for the 2010 Sand Scorcher body sets. I can't see Tamiya changing the things that made the SS body unique so I'm sure they'll look near identical to the original. Actually... I wonder if there'll be a t-shirt release like the Buggy Champ. If there is I might just have to preorder a kit aswell.

Oh my poor bank account... with this and all my other projects I'm sure its torture is far from over. :o

Tamiya only have to walk downstairs into their "museum" showcase and see that the Scorcher body is different than the body produced with the tooling that they used last time with the Blitzer Beetle, it should be really obvious to them, and they should know all about it even though 30 years have elapsed.

At least I hope! :o

Regards,

Alistair G.

Is there any chance I wonder of seeing the shell as a pre-production item at the next Tamiya Fair in Japan on 21 and 22nd November just before this Xmas ?!

Regards,

ARG

Is there any chance I wonder of seeing the shell as a pre-production item at the next Tamiya Fair in Japan on 21 and 22nd November just before this Xmas ?!

Regards,

ARG

After seeing this link --> http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=446 I imagine we only have a couple of weeks to see pictures of the new SS. As I assume this is a list of all Tamiya's new products that they will be showcasing at the fair.

After seeing this link --> http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=446 I imagine we only have a couple of weeks to see pictures of the new SS. As I assume this is a list of all Tamiya's new products that they will be showcasing at the fair.

Good point. That'll be wonderful to see then. Can't wait! :o

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Oh, yes! Sand Scorcher!

It was only a matter of time, I was sure.

Now... Who will have the first pics...

- James

Tamiya only have to walk downstairs into their "museum" showcase and see that the Scorcher body is different than the body produced...

Alistair G.

Hmm, I hope they don't use the commmunity Scorcher...

Btw:

"@54157@@1/10 R/C Touring Car Cockpit Set (Right-Hand Drive) "....

Source: http://www.tamiya.com/english/news/news_ta...air09/news0.htm

Grtz Dee.

I can't wait!!!

This is killing me!!!

Will it be original or MB/BB modded style?

Are they including review mirrors, exhaust pipe etc?

Original decals or new Boxart?

Badboy

I thought it would happen and now it has I feel defalted :(

Its Christmas we are in a recession and I just booked a holiday :(

How about a trade in program, old for new B)

Paul - saving hard and possibly putting a holiday on ebay soon, thinking of changing religon to a non Christmas celebrating one :(