Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Also bear in mind the Jap only version will not come with an esc atleast that was the case with re re BC i got last year from Rc champ, doesnt matter to me

but might for some!

I personally cant wait for it to come now! just having the shell will be great, though not looking forward to painting it! eeeek!

I was told the first batch of the non-Jap. version will come with this bag.

img1675_09122009165059_1.jpg

oh just great ...what to do ..what to do

oh just great ...what to do ..what to do

Buy 1 from Japan to get the T-shirt. Then buy the second one from Hong Kong to save cost. Then buy the third one from your local shop to get the bag. I think this is what Tamiya want you to do.:)

Buy 1 from Japan to get the T-shirt. Then buy the second one from Hong Kong to save cost. Then buy the third one from your local shop to get the bag. I think this is what Tamiya want you to do.:)

Sadly, I can only afford one :D

I think the t-shirt will be more useful than the bag lol be ok for shopping i guess lol!

Tower Hobbies finally listed the SS

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXYVN5&P=7

Price is a bit high $379, I'm sure it will drop to the Buggy Champs $319 by the time stock arrives.

Late Dec release ??? You think they are trying to load up on pre orders by fudging the date ??? I thought Feb ? 379 for a 2wd kit less everything to run it ? Ouch ! Any coupons or discounts anyone know of ??

When the Buggy Champ arrived in Canada it sold for $399 CDN. Now they are in abundance and are available as low as $319 CDN here. I'm sure the same will happen with the Sand Scorcher. Although we have many members who will purchase the kit or kits I'm certain the result will be the same as the BC - more than enough to go around and will ultimately result in price reductions.

So I actually called Tower Hobbies to see what the deal was with the price. Kind of frustrating as the retail of the SS 2010 is $8USD LESS than the BC 2009. But the lady that the price was correct, she also said there is no info for the kit yet. In 20 years I have never known Tower to change the price of anything they sell. Not sure what to do. I do have a coupon code for $60USD off but that only works on items that are in stock. With the coupon I got the BC 2009 for $259.99USD shipped to my door in one day. But... I have a Blitzer shell sitting around.

Interesting I had figured it would have priced out at $319.99. I'm going to call and talk to someone more relevant and see what their reasoning is (higher cost, etc.) But unless they change it, being stuffed for $50 more.. I'll pass. Besides I have two REAL race cars that could use that $$$.

Colin

In 20 years I have never known Tower to change the price of anything they sell

I disagree, it happens on a fair number of newly announced items. The price difference is interesting,perhaps it's the extra body material

prices for unarrived goods are all over the place

do a search for "Slash 4X4" and "Slash Platinum" ... week ago the Platinum was $460 or so; now its $15 cheaper than the 4X4... yet both items are RRP $399 - go figure

4X4 releasing next day, Platinum the week after

Found this big pic of what looks like the offical tamiya pic on the tamiya Canada site, its the one thats been squated down lol!

Could not attach as its over 500kb's

SS 2010

looks great i think!

Found this big pic of what looks like the offical tamiya pic on the tamiya Canada site, its the one thats been squated down lol!

Could not attach as its over 500kb's

SS 2010

looks great i think!

Yeah, really a great picture. Thanks!

I don't see the sunroof though. Maybe there is none.

When the Buggy Champ arrived in Canada it sold for $399 CDN. Now they are in abundance and are available as low as $319 CDN here.

Depending on which province you are from, don't forget to add the PST and GST or another CDN$45.00 :unsure:

Yeah, really a great picture. Thanks!

I don't see the sunroof though. Maybe there is none.

no worries a lucky find i think! does not look like a sunroof there to me as it would be visible in that pic!!

no worries a lucky find i think! does not look like a sunroof there to me as it would be visible in that pic!!

Yippie, always hated to paint that sunroof :unsure:

Geez Twinset, what an eyeball! Odd if it is, since it's been presumed that the rear lights are solid plastic.....Like so many other details, we'll hafta wait & see I guess. Chris

Geez Twinset, what an eyeball! Odd if it is, since it's been presumed that the rear lights are solid plastic.....Like so many other details, we'll hafta wait & see I guess. Chris

It was presumed early on it'd be a Scorcher shell and look how wrong that was :unsure: (kicking the hornet's nest)

Does the CA 10 mean it's a 2010 license plate. or is that just coincidence?

2010.jpg

post-1185-1260808126_thumb.jpg

It was presumed early on it'd be a Scorcher shell and look how wrong that was :unsure: (kicking the hornet's nest)

Does the CA 10 mean it's a 2010 license plate. or is that just coincidence?

2010.jpg

Why not put "Dec 1979" instead of CA 10?

I really hope for clear rear lights!!!

Badboy

Rear light buckets?

bigscorcher.jpg

Thats just a washer isnt it? On the screw that holds the solid rear lights on to the arch.

If you look, its in line with the hole and peg that keep the rear lights straight.