Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Why not put "Dec 1979" instead of CA 10?

Can you imagine the outcry if it did have a '79 plate? :unsure:

Thats just a washer isnt it? On the screw that holds the solid rear lights on to the arch.

If you look, its in line with the hole and peg that keep the rear lights straight.

Ah, didn't realise BB/MB lights screwed on :unsure:

Found this big pic of what looks like the offical tamiya pic on the tamiya Canada site, its the one thats been squated down lol!

Could not attach as its over 500kb's

SS 2010

looks great i think!

58452_011.jpg

Depending on which province you are from, don't forget to add the PST and GST or another CDN$45.00 :unsure:

true , but it is the price drop that is the important point i was making .

It was presumed early on it'd be a Scorcher shell and look how wrong that was B) (kicking the hornet's nest)

Does the CA 10 mean it's a 2010 license plate. or is that just coincidence?

post-1185-1260808126_thumb.jpg

That's a blue California plate from the 60s-80s. Not too many of those around anymore. The standard license plates today are white. "CA10" is made up as the current registration stickers are yellow (I think...they change colors every year.) They also display "2010" in big numbers along with the registration number.

Tamiya should release the rear lights with clear lens and "3-D" licensplate as hopups!!!

Badboy

Just wanna tell you guys... I'm still alive and well!!! :)

"QUOTE(Blacque Jacque @ Sep 22 2009, 08:07 PM)

I hope they do release it soon, otherwise Badboy is going to spontaneously combust with excitement .

Despite him having enough enthusiasm for all of us..."

He, he, he... Do I sound THAT desperat?

"QUOTE(scoobybooster @ Sep 23 2009, 10:42 AM)

Hmm..maybe they're still unsure about the name..how about:

RACING BUGGY BUGGY BEETLE

Cheers

Mike"

Or it's original name!!!

Wagon offroader!!! Or was it off road wagon...?

Badboy

Badboy

I just heard that the EU have decided that the new Sand Scorcher does not come up to the 'CE' (Certificate European) standards required by law and that all importers have to cancel their orders and even individual imports from Hong Kong and Japan etc will be sent back to source.

It is something about the quality of some of the metal, which when polished can cause dangerous dust (when inhaled), which while within limits for the US, Japan and most African and Asian countries, are not permissable in the EU.

Also there is a law suit being threatened in the US against Tamiya for the name 'Sand Scorcher' which now apparently is owned by a large manufacturer of golf clubs, whose main shareholder is, ironically, Toger Woods.

Australia also follows suit, due to their affiliation with the UK, as does New Zealand. This does not affect Buggy Champ imports.

Paul.

I just heard that the EU have decided that the new Sand Scorcher does not come up to the 'CE' (Certificate European) standards required by law and that all importers have to cancel their orders and even individual imports from Hong Kong and Japan etc will be sent back to source.

It is something about the quality of some of the metal, which when polished can cause dangerous dust (when inhaled), which while within limits for the US, Japan and most African and Asian countries, are not permissable in the EU.

Also there is a law suit being threatened in the US against Tamiya for the name 'Sand Scorcher' which now apparently is owned by a large manufacturer of golf clubs, whose main shareholder is, ironically, Toger Woods.

Australia also follows suit, due to their affiliation with the UK, as does New Zealand. This does not affect Buggy Champ imports.

Paul.

:)

In particular they stated that anyone from the member state Sweden caught smuggling contraband across the border would be shot.

Paul.

In particular they stated that anyone from the member state Sweden caught smuggling contraband across the border would be shot.

Paul.

Well, I better order a heap of kits then as Norway is the "different-land" and a Non-EU member !! :)

Badboy, - you're welcome here!! :D

Well, I better order a heap of kits then as Norway is the "different-land" and a Non-EU member !! :)

Badboy, - you're welcome here!! :D

Sorry,

Norway also require CE marking due to the EEA (EØS) agreement.

-Lars

It was presumed early on it'd be a Scorcher shell and look how wrong that was :) (kicking the hornet's nest)

Does the CA 10 mean it's a 2010 license plate. or is that just coincidence?

2010.jpg

The sticker on the top right corner of a (real) US licence plate refers to the registration renewal date, so it looks like it runs out in Nov 2010, which is a year from when the new car was released to the public - cute!

Maybe that is when they will stop making them. Shame for us in the EU though....

P.

Not quite sure I understand how the SS could have this issue with metals, but the Buggy Champ doesn't. Parts are essentially the same other than the shell and tires.

What's the deal with having a mate order them in the US and ship them to the UK I wonder.... ?

Yes, sorry, it was me. I thought the wind up was clear, but then you can't see the silly smirk on my face as I was typing!

:-)

Paul.

Loaded, ya dirty !##$&! You got me! I can totally believe that. What metal are they using, the leftover Chinese lead-based stuff that they used to make toys from? Why not just put a 'POISON!" label on it? If I had a child and caught him chewing on my Scorcher, it might not be fatal, but it WOULD be painful.....Chris

Yep, when I made my sarky remark about the MB coming with a SS shell, it was meant in fun (I guess irony is a sophistry that's beyond your meager comprehension.) You chaps who had a hard time with it, I'll be straight: Even if I was serious, I'd rather be a 'whiner' than a self-righteous, crud-spewing, name-calling, mental defective that feels they must defend Tamiya's honour if I see a comment that is other than complimentary (Get the irony again? I kinda called you names!) If you look at the smilie I attached to the post header, it would tell you something, but you don't think, do ya? You react, much like lower life forms that still require gangliatic nerve clusters to maneouver their hindquarters. Who do you think you are to tell me not to voice my opinion, or anything else? I hope the guys who got it had a chuckle, that's all. Chris

Ironic, huh?

Toyranosaur 1

Loaded 1

:blink:

(I am thinking of changing my sig to 'all good things come to those who wait...'

Paul.

Ha, Ha, Ha!!! :blink::lol::(

Well, I better order a heap of kits then as Norway is the "different-land" and a Non-EU member !! :D

Badboy, - you're welcome here!! ;)

Thanks!

I'll be over in a flash!!!

Seriously?

Any pics of the box yet?!!

Badboy

58452_011.jpg

Few days not entering to this thread and with great difficulty I could understand about what you are talking about LOL, looking this beautiful pic ( thanks skinned) I just know I will be so happy in the next months LOL LOL