Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Well, if we're lucky our LHS here said the SS2010 might be in by this weekend or so. Better finish up all projects this week coz Sandy's coming real soon ;)

Why didn't I buy one when they where out?!! ;)

I would love to have a Sand Scorcher cup!!!

Also I big size SS boxart poster!!!

Badboy

Is this really the first post in this Scorcher Re-release thread in 2010 ?????

Nobody interested anymore ???? Badboy, where are you ?????

;):(

I'm here!!!

But bizzy with my Super Champ, trying to get it in shape!!!

Waiting for answer from Frank Lux about rear shock!

Badboy

Don't worry Badboy in my time zone your post directly above Tamichael's was made Jan 1 2010, 12:20 AM.

So here at least you did get the first post of 2010. :P

Well, if we're lucky our LHS here said the SS2010 might be in by this weekend or so. Better finish up all projects this week coz Sandy's coming real soon

;);):( anybody else can confirm this??

Far be it from any hobby shop to get you to come in early in order to try to stop you from ordering online....

Oh I am so cynical!

Paul.

hah! ain't gunna happen so soon... 'cos the full size 1:1 model ain't finished yet!! :angry:

Nurnberg ain't till 1st weekend Feb 2010 anyway.

Got to save some more!!!

I can't wait!!!

It's killing me!!!

Badboy

Took a Google translation of the Tamiya website page

★バギーファンあこがれの1台が、基本構成はそのままに各部に改良を加えた復刻版として帰ってきました。 ★ 1 Bagifan longingly at the cars, came home as a base configuration *******kokuban improvements to all parts intact.

★フロントアップライトの強化やオイルダンパーの構造変更、ESC 対応などを実施。 ★ Furontoappuraito enhance or change the structure of oil dampers, ESC and implementation support.

★ユーモラスなボディは塗装がしやすいホワイトのプラスチック製。 ★ white plastic body is a humorous easy to paint.

★ギヤ比は2種類選択可能。 ★ can choose two types of gear ratios.

★モーター付き、フルベアリング仕様。 ★ motor, full ball bearings.

※使用プロポ:使用プロポ:ファインスペックFM 電動RCドライブセット ※ Propo use: Propo Use: RC electric drive set Fainsupekku FM

I'm thinking of the shame I will face when my painted bodyshell comes out looking like someone's leftover barfbag from the New Year ... :angry:

Mr P Atom, you sitting your stock yet? :wacko: call me on the batphone when ye have :angry:

Took a Google translation of the Tamiya website page

★バギーファンあこがれの1台が、基本構成はそのままに各部に改良を加えた復刻版として帰ってきました。 ★ 1 Bagifan longingly at the cars, came home as a base configuration *******kokuban improvements to all parts intact.

★フロントアップライトの強化やオイルダンパーの構造変更、ESC 対応などを実施。 ★ Furontoappuraito enhance or change the structure of oil dampers, ESC and implementation support.

★ユーモラスなボディは塗装がしやすいホワイトのプラスチック製。 ★ white plastic body is a humorous easy to paint.

★ギヤ比は2種類選択可能。 ★ can choose two types of gear ratios.

★モーター付き、フルベアリング仕様。 ★ motor, full ball bearings.

※使用プロポ:使用プロポ:ファインスペックFM 電動RCドライブセット ※ Propo use: Propo Use: RC electric drive set Fainsupekku FM

I'm thinking of the shame I will face when my painted bodyshell comes out looking like someone's leftover barfbag from the New Year ... :(

Ha, ha, ha!!!

I just love the way asian countrys describes stuff in their manuals

Badboy

Official announcement is that Tamiya will re issue the Sand Scorcher on 25th February 2010.

At least a car that looks very similar to the Sand Scorcher, except that the metal parts have been recast and the body is different. Except for that just the same. Oh and the decals will be different, but otherwise a perfect reproduction.

I almost forgot, the ragio box and gearbox covers will have a different tint. Oh and some of the metal moving parts are not brass anymore.

Otherwise identical.

:-) These are just little jokes! I can't wait, should be fun! Only a few weeks to go and an actual date to work on.

Paul.

Official announcement is that Tamiya will re issue the Sand Scorcher on 25th February 2010.

At least a car that looks very similar to the Sand Scorcher, except that the metal parts have been recast and the body is different. Except for that just the same. Oh and the decals will be different, but otherwise a perfect reproduction.

I almost forgot, the ragio box and gearbox covers will have a different tint. Oh and some of the metal moving parts are not brass anymore.

Otherwise identical.

:-) These are just little jokes! I can't wait, should be fun! Only a few weeks to go and an actual date to work on.

Paul.

Dont forget the Box will be identical apart from a few changes :(

Dont forget the Box will be identical apart from a few changes ;)

That made me laugh so hard I fell of the chair :(:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Badboy

i'm still undecided on getting a sand blitzer :(

maybe if i sell some stuff like my old scalextric!

Dont forget the Box will be identical apart from a few changes :lol:

So will the manual. :lol:

Seriously, where are the UK bods going to get their TS Tamiya paint from for the body ?

I hope those reading this realise that you can't use Halford's standard primer (it will eat into the shell making it very rough, you have to use their Acrylic (Plastic) Primer) and you can't use Tamiya PS Polycarbonate sprays either. And you can't use X series Tamiya Acrylics as they dry way too fast to airbrush, you would have to use a compatible retarder like a drop or 2 of glycerine (but use more than 1 drop to 20 drops of paint and your paint will just about never dry) and thin with X20A (that you also can't buy in the UK! so use IPA from a UK Ebay seller) to the consistency of milk otherwise it won't airbrush!

What a mess :( Easy to paint my ....

Best Regards,

Alistair G.

Dont know if this has been mentioned .

Got an email from RC Champ today letting me know of the SS release date.

Just mentioned it to the wife that I had pre ordered 2 Nib's when I got this email she just shrugged and said okay cool :(

Dear Mr.******

Hello.How are you doing,sir?

Tamiya just announced releasing date for the Sand Scorcher.

It will be 25th of February.

Once we receive this kit,I work out your total amount then let you know,sir.

If you have any question,please let me know.

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

Hirotaka Suganuma

Seriously, where are the UK bods going to get their TS Tamiya paint from for the body ?

Earlier this week I was told TS paints will be back in the UK approximately 3-4 months time.

Well, we can hope.

:(

Can't remember if this has been posted before (I'm not going to read 65 pages :( ), but according to Tamiya's website the SS is going to be released on 27th February 2010!!!!!

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products/58452...rcher/index.htm

So a Malaysian LHS receiving them this weekend, to me, seems doubtful.

:lol:

Hi WW-nut!

Would appreciate if you could please let me/us know what hobby shop is that? I just know Tamiya Underground is the sole dealer/distributor for Tamiya goodies in Malaysia and there's no news on the "Baja Bug".....

Kind regards

Earlier this week I was told TS paints will be back in the UK approximately 3-4 months time.

Well, we can hope.

Thank goodness that I already grabbed mine a couple of weeks ago even though I am in UK! I got TS8 and TS16 from a HK seller on Ebay called empire.rc

Cheers,

ARG

BTW who told you that? Would be interested to know.

Best,

ARG

Well, if we're lucky our LHS here said the SS2010 might be in by this weekend or so. Better finish up all projects this week coz Sandy's coming real soon :(
Hi WW-nut!

Would appreciate if you could please let me/us know what hobby shop is that? I just know Tamiya Underground is the sole dealer/distributor for Tamiya goodies in Malaysia and there's no news on the "Baja Bug".....

Kind regards

Don't know as I'm based in the UK. My reply was in relation to post number 1279 by forum member Hazzer - quoted above.

:lol:

BTW who told you that? Would be interested to know.

Best,

ARG

The UK Tamiya importer, Hobby Co. Though I still wouldn't bet any money on them appearing then.

Hopefully some day,

The UK Tamiya importer, Hobby Co. Though I still wouldn't bet any money on them appearing then.

Hopefully some day,

Funny how they told me the same thing 3 months ago. LOL. So don't hold your breath...

Cheers,

ARG

Don't know as I'm based in the UK. My reply was in relation to post number 1279 by forum member Hazzer - quoted above.

:)

Oh, I see...Thanks anyway!

RELEASE DATE from an email I just received from RC-Champ:

Dear Mr.*******

Hello.How are you doing,sir?

Tamiya just announced releasing date for the Sand Scorcher.

It will be 25th of February.

Once we receive this kit,I work out your total amount then let you know,sir.

If you have any question,please let me know.

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

Hirotaka Suganuma

Can't wait for my order !