Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

RELEASE DATE from an email I just received from RC-Champ:

Dear Mr.*******

Hello.How are you doing,sir?

Tamiya just announced releasing date for the Sand Scorcher.

It will be 25th of February.

Once we receive this kit,I work out your total amount then let you know,sir.

If you have any question,please let me know.

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

Hirotaka Suganuma

Can't wait for my order !

Hey how long does it take to ship from Japan to Canada?

Hey how long does it take to ship from Japan to Canada?

About 4 business days :). At least for all the kits I've ordered from RC -Champ :). They ship EMS.

Hi WW-nut!

Would appreciate if you could please let me/us know what hobby shop is that? I just know Tamiya Underground is the sole dealer/distributor for Tamiya goodies in Malaysia and there's no news on the "Baja Bug".....

Kind regards

StepOnIt

Yes, the owner Mr Ong himself told me he's trying to get SS in by this week while I was there looking at M05 with limited edition Datsun 280ZX (it's getting painted this weekend :) ). He's always been a nice and helpful guy along with the gang there. I'm truly hoping for just 1 or 2 week delay coz 25th Feb just seem light years away...

Gah! So I'm going to be on holiday when it comes out. I'll have to think of another beach basher to take with me to the Caribbean!

StepOnIt

Yes, the owner Mr Ong himself told me he's trying to get SS in by this week while I was there looking at M05 with limited edition Datsun 280ZX (it's getting painted this weekend :) ). He's always been a nice and helpful guy along with the gang there. I'm truly hoping for just 1 or 2 week delay coz 25th Feb just seem light years away...

That's awesome, Hazzer! Yeah, I do agree that OCY is one cool dude!! Very, very kind and helpful! btw, I'm "reviving" my 27 year old Baja Bug and all it needs now is the decals which I ordered from 'julia-jb' on ebay....

Happy painting!

We'll probably see the SS2010 near summer here in sweden!!! <_<

Lazy supplyer!!!

Badboy

But when are TC gonna put 58452 Sand Scorcher 2010 in the car list?

It's bout time as it will arrive soon!!!

Badboy

They will probably leave it until the last minute to avoid those people who post library pictures of cars they don't own just to get first on the list!

P.

They will probably leave it until the last minute to avoid those people who post library pictures of cars they don't own just to get first on the list!

P.

Exactly !

P.

No, those get deleted, along with all the 'coming soon' entries that seem to be a necessity.

As far as I know, Stefan is the only one who does know how to add cars apart from Chris.

If Stefan's not up and running soon, Chris'll have to let someone else know how to do it, although there's nothing stopping owners adding their new Scorchers to their showroom as 'misc' on the day they receive them, then re-categorising them once the correct model's been added to the database.

Not an ideal solution, but I don't know the logistics involved in showing someone else what's needed to add models.

The SS10 isn't the only model that needs adding to the list, just the one most people are making the fuss over :)

But when are TC gonna put 58452 Sand Scorcher 2010 in the car list?

It's bout time as it will arrive soon!!!

Badboy

If you remember back when the Black Porsche was re-released, I was the first member to post honest to god real deal quality photos of the kit and contents. Had to list the kit under "misc", because the club had no category yet. When I posted the photos, there were several kits already on the site from other club members, but mysteriously, all those kits only showed one photo of the front of the box. In fact, the site administrators borrowed one of my photos for the main page when the kit got it's own listing on the site. This was due to the lack of an official Tamiya photo. If you put up a new slot for the unreleased SS rere, I guarantee you would immediately have a bucketload of "Box" photos. For some people that is good enough. For me, I want to see the goods........ :)

Why can't people understand the rule!!!

If you don't own it don't postit as a RC-car!!!

Anyway, the day the car shows up in TC car list will be a magic day for all of us!!!

Who could believe that there would be a NEW SRB put to the list?

Now there's TWO!!! :lol:

Badboy

There is a similar ongoing issue whereby people keep a car in their showroom which they once owned but have since sold. The bottom line is if you sold it then it shouldn't be in your showroom.

There is a similar ongoing issue whereby people keep a car in their showroom which they once owned but have since sold. The bottom line is if you sold it then it shouldn't be in your showroom.

Sorry, that isn't true - there's even a checkbox for 'Sold, Traded, Thrown Away'

The idea was that Tamiyaclub became an online scrapbook for you RC collection, even for cars you no longer owned.

Ideally, any Sold, Traded, Thrown Away cars should be categorised as 'Extra Info' so that they don't contribute to the stats, but that's a whole other discussion.

About 4 business days :lol:. At least for all the kits I've ordered from RC -Champ :D. They ship EMS.

Do you usally pay paypal or credit card? This is my first time ordering from them, so I just want to know the most reliable and safest payment method. Thanks

I couldn't agree more, this irritates me too, as many cars in other people's showrooms are now in mine lol! However, I try not to get on my high horse, as a quick perusal of my showroom shows that I have both neglected to list hundreds of cars and some of my listings haven't been ticked as sold, so I guess I am guilty too!

Paul.

I couldn't agree more, this irritates me too, as many cars in other people's showrooms are now in mine lol! However, I try not to get on my high horse, as a quick perusal of my showroom shows that I have both neglected to list hundreds of cars and some of my listings haven't been ticked as sold, so I guess I am guilty too!

Paul.

If people listed a NIB item with the words SOLD in the body of the text description then there would be no problem. I strongly disagree with anyone saying that they have to be removed, as long as the former is true.

As for the person who has bought the NIB, they only have to say which TC member they got it from and then there's no problem.

The pictures are VERY useful and interesting so I would NOT want them to be removed. Just wish that people would update things properly.

However remember that if you are not flush with cash in these hard times and you haven't renewed your subscription, you cannot update your showroom at all!

That probably explains a few things... LOL.

Cheers,

ARG

If people listed a NIB item with the words SOLD in the body of the text description then there would be no problem. I strongly disagree with anyone saying that they have to be removed, as long as the former is true.

However remember that if you are not flush with cash in these hard times and you haven't renewed your subscription, you cannot update your showroom at all!

That probably explains a few things... LOL.

Cheers,

ARG

As long as they move it to "Misc" when sold, would be more correct: The Q is: How many NIB is there at TC?

How many of them are built? If they are built they're no longer NIB so then be moved to "Misc" section as well.

If not the number of cars are way to wrong!!!

If I put in a NIB, and sell it to Trail Jero and he list it as NIB then we got two of the same car. Same if I got it listed as NIB and build it it would also be two of the same car.

So it would be time to clean up the pics section... :D

Just my 2 kronor.

When where the "bag" SS set to be released?

I got to have 'em both!!!

T-shirt edition and the "Bag" edition!!!

Badboy

As long as they move it to "Misc" when sold, would be more correct: The Q is: How many NIB is there at TC?

How many of them are built? If they are built they're no longer NIB so then be moved to "Misc" section as well.

If not the number of cars are way to wrong!!!

If I put in a NIB, and sell it to Trail Jero and he list it as NIB then we got two of the same car. Same if I got it listed as NIB and build it it would also be two of the same car.

So it would be time to clean up the pics section... :D

Just my 2 kronor.

When where the "bag" SS set to be released?

I got to have 'em both!!!

T-shirt edition and the "Bag" edition!!!

Badboy

I'd rather have 2 different sets of pictures than an accurate number of NIB's on TC's database. Remember not all people know how to get the best from their camera LOL.

Cheers,

ARG

Remember not all people know how to get the best from their camera LOL.

Cheers,

ARG

So true!!!

Badboy

So true!!!

Badboy

I could'nt agree more Badboy. I would much rather see showrooms full of cut-and-paste box photos from the Tamiya.com website, rather than a bunch of Tamiya Club amatures trying to figure out autofocus cameras...... :(

I'd rather have 2 different sets of pictures than an accurate number of NIB's on TC's database. Remember not all people know how to get the best from their camera LOL.

Cheers,

ARG

I have been guilty myself of leaving my showroom categories "un-updated" (although I do mention they are Sold) as well as not having the best pictures in the world, so I can understand why some showrooms are the way they are now.

This is the internet we are on so people can literally do whatever they want to their showrooms so long as the Club rules are not breached or if the Mods don't pick up on it.

So I say ... why worry? Be Happy!

Some pics for you guys from my visit to the store today ... happy drooling ... :(

Inside of the shell ...

124.jpg

Mirror are stuck on ... no screws ...

123.jpg

Clear windscreen/windows, no screws for mirrors as mentioned

125.jpg

And what looks to me like an original nosecone

126.jpg

I did not have the time to take more/better pics, but rear lights are of the BB type :lol: ... but there are 3 holes in the rear wheel arch like the BB/MB shell, so LEDs are definitely possible, with *cross my fingers in hopelessness* Tamiya optional rear light clear lens upgrades (to make us spend more money).

The wheel arches are very much like the BB ...

And yes ... moulded door handles ...

looks good to me i know not same as original but for me its going to be great, i think my BC will stay on the shelf lol !