Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Well Guys,

I have almost finished my SS10.

Still needs a final polish in some places, wipers fitting, VW sign fitting, rear lights painting and fitting.

The hardest part in my opinion is the black window surrounds, I was pulling my hair out but tried my best.

I will be buying another body parts set when they are available now that I know what I'm doing.

Cheers,

Steve.

Cannot wait. Please post some big pictures in the showroom when available, at the moment I don't think there is a model entry for 58452. nudge nudge wink wink TC

Cannot wait. Please post some big pictures in the showroom when available, at the moment I don't think there is a model entry for 58452. nudge nudge wink wink TC

Will do.

Going to Laos now but will be back Wednesday and take some new pics!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Steve.

what happened?
I do not personally know any of you but can one of you PM me what 2.5's last post was :) ... just a summary will be fine ... came out of nowhere from the sounds of it ...

Summary:

He didn't like Skinned, Snakehands, me??? or Tamiya plastic Co. He also mentioned something bout he didn't liked Tamiyaclub forum either. ;)

(wonder what ever I've done to him)

Thanks for the PM Live Steam Mad!

As this topic is a hot steaming vulcano when it comes to who likes and not.

I'm standing back and following it with a smile on my face...

But you know me! I can't hold it! :lol:

Signing out for now.

Badboy

Yea i never seen anything like this on TC before had it on motorbike forums lots of verbal stuff not needed, I saw it just before it removed he basically told us all where to go lol! i come on here to chat about models which

are fun etc nothing to get to serious about really at end of of the day!!

Has anyone ordered from RC mart much are they good? is shipping high etc to UK?

RC Mart or Dinball as they are known have been about for ages,i have had plenty of stuff off them and only one problem,which they resolved.

Recomended seller.

Who will be the first to upload the new Sand Scorcher?

Badboy

What's the world coming to?

First Toyota ... now Tamiya ... clearly QA has taken a backseat lately in these difficult times. Even when the buggy champ was released they had to correct the steering rods, and the F-60 body had a correction printed lest you cut off the wrong part of the lexan.

Wonder if thare are any mis-print errors on the boxes as well :)

i dont know but...i'll take one of those mismade kits....

Badboy

Mine is on it's way from Stella. :)

Badboy

ETA from Stella Monday 8th or Tuesday 9th for me.

Soon as I see the postman i'll let loose with a flying rugby tackle the SS out of his hands, then up it on my TC showroom.

Just looking at this photo taken in Stella's stock room doesn't half remind me of that wind up thread of Netsmith's all those years ago, except this time it's for real. :)

58452stock.jpg

Hmm, that looks like a hoax. Chris, have you been playing about with Photoshop again?

Paul.

Hmm, that looks like a hoax. Chris, have you been playing about with Photoshop again?

Paul.

He's even gone to the trouble of blanking out the tyre lettering. :P

And making the boxes on the bottom look slightly bowed from the weight. Pretty impressive Chris, but you can't fool us, this will never happen...

P.

ETA from Stella Monday 8th or Tuesday 9th for me.

Soon as I see the postman i'll let loose with a flying rugby tackle the SS out of his hands, then up it on my TC showroom.

mines in the uk but stuck in customs awaiting charges!! Hopefully get it mon or Tuesday.

Been a while since I got hit with customs charges but it will be worth it this time. Can't wait

I wasnt sure if I would buy a new Scorcher as I waited for the hype to die down before I got my Buggy Champ at a good price. Ive been busy selling a lot of my cars and slimming down however today I came home after a long day. Ive come home to find the missus out, and then gone on to have slightly too much red wine a little too quickly and found Ebay!. The result is I have now ordered my Scorcher from Dinball off ebay. Oh badword! still it was a good price and I suppose I have only bowed to the inevitable! At lest I wasnt so drunk that I had the forethought to change the delivery address to a friends house! I had just cleared the credit card too. Still you only live once and there is always room in my life for more toys :P

... He didn't like Skinned, Snakehands, me??? or Tamiya plastic Co. He also mentioned something bout he didn't liked Tamiyaclub forum either. :P

(wonder what ever I've done to him) ...

Cheers ... I did not see that coming ... was out of the blue and totally unprovoked in my opinion, if you follow the couple of posts before that ... SENSORED MYSELF AS IT WAS DIRECTED AT ONE INDIVIDUAL AND MAY BE SEEN AS RUDE :unsure: ...

Anyway back to the business at hand ...

Saw the link to rcmart but what I was hoping was the t-shirt to come with that ... that is only for the local Japanese market is it not? Why the staggered release date all over the world? Sorry if this has already been discussed as i must have missed it ...

... Has anyone ordered from RC mart much are they good? is shipping high etc to UK?

I have found to my detriment that if the sender sents by normal post and if Customs needs to impose VAT on it, Parcelforce will charge £8 as administration fee. If it is by Registered post, the administrative charge will be £13.50. This is all ontop of the 17.5% VAT for goods with a value above £20.

My estimates:

kit US$259.90

postage US$ 60.37

sub total US$320.27

paypal charge US$ 11.20 (may be different ... from experience it is 3.5% of total)

total US$331.47

in sterling £213.85 (exchange rate 1.55)

VAT £33.90

Parcelforce admin £13.50

total £261.25 (I think you can get the kit in the UK for £260) Govt did a great job in trying to get you to spend your dosh at home :(

And making the boxes on the bottom look slightly bowed from the weight. Pretty impressive Chris, but you can't fool us, this will never happen...

P.

I hope the bottom bowed one wasn't mine they sent. lol. It must be a perfect box this particular time. I pray the postal service also don't treat the parcel like a football....

Cheers ... I did not see that coming ... was out of the blue and totally unprovoked in my opinion, if you follow the couple of posts before that ... SENSORED MYSELF AS IT WAS DIRECTED AT ONE INDIVIDUAL AND MAY BE SEEN AS RUDE :P ...

Anyway back to the business at hand ...

Saw the link to rcmart but what I was hoping was the t-shirt to come with that ... that is only for the local Japanese market is it not? Why the staggered release date all over the world? Sorry if this has already been discussed as i must have missed it ...

I have found to my detriment that if the sender sents by normal post and if Customs needs to impose VAT on it, Parcelforce will charge £8 as administration fee. If it is by Registered post, the administrative charge will be £13.50. This is all ontop of the 17.5% VAT for goods with a value above £20.

My estimates:

kit US$259.90

postage US$ 60.37

sub total US$320.27

paypal charge US$ 11.20 (may be different ... from experience it is 3.5% of total)

total US$331.47

in sterling £213.85 (exchange rate 1.55)

VAT £33.90

Parcelforce admin £13.50

total £261.25 (I think you can get the kit in the UK for £260) Govt did a great job in trying to get you to spend your dosh at home :unsure:

Sure can be not much cheaper in end getting from abroad for us in UK, I saved last time getting the BC from RC champ but that was mainly because i also got the life battery and charger other wise i think i saved about £30 on the kit!

And now i seem to get hit by customs every time and if got SS of them this time like from Rc mart wouldnt save much in end!

but im poor at mo lol so just gettin the bodyset for my BC which im told is relased 25th March hope is sooner!! already have a full set of wheels and tyres on the way i just wonder whether the bodyset comes with the exhaust or not and everything else needed!!!

Past midnight!!!

I'm 40!!!

I want a sand scorcher

Badboy

Past midnight!!!

I'm 40!!!

I want a sand scorcher

Badboy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thompe !! :P

Sure can be not much cheaper in end getting from abroad for us in UK, I saved last time getting the BC from RC champ but that was mainly because i also got the life battery and charger other wise i think i saved about £30 on the kit!

And now i seem to get hit by customs every time and if got SS of them this time like from Rc mart wouldnt save much in end!

but im poor at mo lol so just gettin the bodyset for my BC which im told is relased 25th March hope is sooner!! already have a full set of wheels and tyres on the way i just wonder whether the bodyset comes with the exhaust or not and everything else needed!!!

Seems like customs here in Sweden has stepped up their activity like crazy , they are putting extra fees on every d-mn package and they demand to see invoices when you get someone to write

"gift" on the little green tag. So for the moment I have decided to take it easy with overseas purchases :P