Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

40? You old goat!!! And here's me thinking I was old.... 18 months more for me!!!!

So..... next Sunday is BBQ and VB and Scrotcher builds at Corpsey's place????? I'll be in it!!!

Alex

Yeah just rub it in why dont you :(

I'd invite you up just to see what a Scrotcher is.....then again maybe I don't want to know..... :lol:

Heres hoping my three Scorchers get here before next Sunday.....
Yeah just rub it in why dont you :(

Oh, I dunno.... rubbing is happening.... not sure by me :lol::P:D

Alex

Yeah just rub it in why dont you :D

I'd invite you up just to see what a Scrotcher is.....then again maybe I don't want to know..... :lol:

Ohh you gonna do that "Scrotcher" thing again Alex !!! Are you "Serious" I heard you couldnt walk right for a week after the last time :(

Ohh you gonna do that "Scrotcher" thing again Alex !!! Are you "Serious" I heard you couldnt walk right for a week after the last time :lol:

And yet.... the Swarm is at your end..... I can suggest a topical cream..... :(

Alex

:D:P:lol:

More cream :( (I must remember kiddies visit this forum) god I could run with that :lol:

Back on topic the last email I got from Rc Champ was on the 30-1-2010

Dear Mr.*****

Hello,sir.

Our price for the Sand Scorcher 2010 kit will be 21200Yen.

Yes the ones you pre-ordered are from first batch,Sand Scorcher special T shirt come with those kits.

Tamiya just announced releasing date for the Sand Scorcher.

It will be 25th of February.

Once we receive this kit,I work out your total amount then let you know,sir.

If you have any question,please let me know

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

Hirotaka Suganuma

I am not sure if Rc Champ's is still working with the 25th Feb for when they get the kits in stock maybe that is when he's pre-order gets in .

I guess the next email I get from him will be an invoice .

Stuart

:D:P:lol:

More cream :( (I must remember kiddies visit this forum) god I could run with that :lol:

Back on topic the last email I got from Rc Champ was on the 30-1-2010

Dear Mr.*****

Hello,sir.

Our price for the Sand Scorcher 2010 kit will be 21200Yen.

Yes the ones you pre-ordered are from first batch,Sand Scorcher special T shirt come with those kits.

Tamiya just announced releasing date for the Sand Scorcher.

It will be 25th of February.

Once we receive this kit,I work out your total amount then let you know,sir.

If you have any question,please let me know

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

Hirotaka Suganuma

I am not sure if Rc Champ's is still working with the 25th Feb for when they get the kits in stock maybe that is when he's pre-order gets in .

I guess the next email I get from him will be an invoice .

Stuart

Hey Stuart, I think it would be extra nice with the T-Shirt. Worth the wait.. I guess that comes with ESC as well? I left it a bit late going through RC Champ with my pre-order. All pre-orders were taken and no more offered were his words. never mind.

Mine was delivered at 10:30 this morning by Parcelforce and no customs charges. Thanks Stella !!

Can't wait to get home from work tonight to open it up.

Can't remember looking forward to any other kit as much as this one. Great stuff!

Mine was delivered at 10:30 this morning by Parcelforce and no customs charges. Thanks Stella !!

Can't wait to get home from work tonight to open it up.

Can't remember looking forward to any other kit as much as this one. Great stuff!

Are you in UK? be good to know as last year or so everything i got from abroad that is over a certain amount got charge customs!

Be good if all peeps can fill out there location there profile!

Are you in UK? be good to know as last year or so everything i got from abroad that is over a certain amount got charge customs!

Be good if all peeps can fill out there location there profile!

Yep, I'm in UK (I'll update my profile!)

I got hit with customs for my Buggy Champ (from Jason), about £18 I think. I've been hit twice with kits from Jason but so far everything I've ever had from Stella has escaped customs. Don't know if it makes a difference if it comes from Japan or HK ? I guess it shouldn't but it seems that way from my experience.

Yep, I'm in UK (I'll update my profile!)

I got hit with customs for my Buggy Champ (from Jason), about £18 I think. I've been hit twice with kits from Jason but so far everything I've ever had from Stella has escaped customs. Don't know if it makes a difference if it comes from Japan or HK ? I guess it shouldn't but it seems that way from my experience.

ah great, same for me mine from Rc champ was about £30 or so as i had also the life battery and charger. Interesting or is it the way Stella does there customs

declartion slip or something always a gamble i guess really, to poor to order the SS but i will be getting the bodyset from who ever has it first already ordered some ss wheels and tyres just wonder if the exhaust comes with bodyset or not!!!

Still waiting on Tower Hobbies backorders in the USA. Bummer.

In the meantime I will just have to watch as the front page fills with NIB scorchers!

Hope Tower Hobbies gets enough in stock to fill alll backorders!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Same here. Everything over £100 I got stung for VAT and a £15.00 'handling' fee.

For all those considering imports into UK, here's the skinny on charges

Whether you get hit or not is luck unless your seller mis-declares the value of the parcel, which is illegal (but can save loads :lol:)

Duty is around 2-4% I believe

VAT is 17.5% of the total cost (kit+shipping)

Customs clearance fee - £8-£14 for postal, depending on carrier - FedEx, UPS, DHL etc may charge more

Customs FAQ;

2.2 Do I have to pay import duties and/or import VAT on goods sent to me?

Most goods arriving in the UK from outside the EU are liable to any or all of the following taxes:

• customs duty
  • excise duty
  • import VAT

and must be paid whether:

• you purchase the goods or receive them as a gift;
  • the goods are new or used (including antiques)
  • the goods are for your private use or for sale

2.3 Are import duties and import VAT always payable?

No. Customs duty is waived if the amount of duty is less than £7.

Import VAT is not payable on:

• commercial consignments eg goods purchased over the internet with an intrinsic value not exceeding £18, but this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters
  • gifts, excluding alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters, with a value not exceeding £36 and which comply with the rules shown in paragraph 2.4.

There are a number of other circumstances where relief from some or all customs charges may be available. If you think your goods may be eligible for a relief you should contact the National Advice Service for further information.

More HERE

ah great, same for me mine from Rc champ was about £30 or so as i had also the life battery and charger. Interesting or is it the way Stella does there customs

declartion slip or something always a gamble i guess really, to poor to order the SS but i will be getting the bodyset from who ever has it first already ordered some ss wheels and tyres just wonder if the exhaust comes with bodyset or not!!!

the exhaust parts are on the same sprue as the nose cone so theres a chance it will be included but my guess is they will chop this bit off for the bodyset version. keep your fingers crossed!

Hi Ya'll,

according to tamiya website part # 51406 includes

body,window,driver ,EXHAUST <_< ,mirrors and decals.

so all looks well.

cheers,

skip

Hi Ya'll,

so all looks well.

cheers,

skip

excellent news. the body set looks like it will be excellent value for money. might need to get me a few of them. I expect the first batch will sell very quickly.

... was delivered at 10:30 this morning by Parcelforce and no customs charges. Thanks Stella !!

Who is this Stella that you ordered from? Cheers.

The customs thingy is a hit and miss, but I believe the details of the sender may have something to do with it. Eg: whether it is from a company or an individual in HK or Japan.

Who is this Stella that you ordered from? Cheers.

The customs thingy is a hit and miss, but I believe the details of the sender may have something to do with it. Eg: whether it is from a company or an individual in HK or Japan.

just checked the customs label on the parcel from Stellamodels - marked as a gift with a value of only USD 40.00.

I must have had about 10 kits or more from Stella over the years and never been hit once by customs

(just checked their website by the way, looks like they are sold out at the moment)

Just ordered mine from RcMart, no t-shirt but I do get the carry bag ;)

Can't wait :P:D :D it's going to be a nail biting 3-4 days <_<

Just ordered mine from RcMart, no t-shirt but I do get the carry bag ;)

Can't wait :P:D :D it's going to be a nail biting 3-4 days <_<

did you upgrade your delivery service to EMS? or just standard?

just checked the customs label on the parcel from Stellamodels - marked as a gift with a value of only USD 40.00.

I must have had about 10 kits or more from Stella over the years and never been hit once by customs

(just checked their website by the way, looks like they are sold out at the moment)

It's all fine and wonderful but what the heck do you do when a parcel goes missing? You can only claim 40 USD back (30 quid) from a 180 quid kit!! You'd lose 150 quid!

In this country (UK) we can take the risk to get savings (but then again when the postage is 40 quid and the kit is 180, the total is 220 quid and the price in the UK is about 275 - 299.95 or so, the savings are not huge) but if you get hit for 15 quid Royal Mail Clearance Fee (gone up from 13 quid) plus 20 per cent VAT (our VAT went up in January I think) then it's not so funny there either.

What happens if the box arrives and it's got corner crushes...?

I think I'll have to stick to UK sourcing for the foreseeable future. Then again the SS2010 kit is way too expensive for me ATM, maybe for my birthday in April. But I think I'd rather have a HotShot. It's that body that did it (the wing problem...).

Regards,

ARG

Hi Ya'll,

so all looks well.

cheers,

skip

Great just what i wanted to here woohoo, got the body post now and tyres and wheels on way so just need bodyset!

I know when i got my BC from Rc champ they said the would under declare but its your loss if something goes wrong etc for me not worth the risk and this time round i have been sensible lol and just going to get bodyset instead of

the whole kit!