Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Could just mean they're not committed to keeping that as a stock item indefinitely.

interesting that the red tag 53/54xxx aren't "limited edition"...

Wonder if some are more 'limited' than others, like the tags with no printing even.

Gold tags = show specials? but they still turnup outside of shows.

You are probably right, Tamiya may just go on making and selling them until they are no longer profitable.

From my understanding the 53/54xxx part numbers (which also get the OP. designation) were Hop-up Options and the 50/51xxx part numbers were spare parts (SP. designation) and the 49xxx some 92xxx and apparently 84xxx were the limited edition parts.

The others are anomaly especially those that never get any part number.

If Tamiya didn't do these things without explaining all their decisions what else would we have to discuss on the forums :P

84113 Ball Diff. There are over 80 of these available of Ebay right now and I am sure if I searched a few more sights there would plenty more. I got a couple early to now see the price 20% chaeper already - them the breaks but at least I have mine in the parts box at home already. Stella have them for $25.

I am not convinced these are limited at all.

Anyone tested them yet on the old style SRBs and Super Champs?

P.

I'm still waiting for the ball diffs from Tower. New date is mid-May. Same for Hornet and HotShot kits that I have on backorder.

Seems like TamiyaUSA is having trouble getting kits and parts from the mothership.

Anyone tested them yet on the old style SRBs and Super Champs?

mine arrived :( could build it to try in an oldie over the w/e

aren't the old & new gearbox innards identical?

Can someone tell me where I can find Info on the difference between the original and the re-re?

Can someone tell me where I can find Info on the difference between the original and the re-re?

search button?

12 arrived on my doorstep this morning. Ordered them maybe 6 months ago :(

P.

search button?

Can you please tell me what words to include? If i Include sand scorcher in my search every thread in this forum shows up. I'm not trying to be rude. But searching doesn't help much when it comes to sand scorcher stuff.

Can you please tell me what words to include? If i Include sand scorcher in my search every thread in this forum shows up. I'm not trying to be rude. But searching doesn't help much when it comes to sand scorcher stuff.

Or really any model name, since on an RC forum every single one of them will have been mentioned, and just as often in threads that have nothing to do with them whatsoever.

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will post shortly with the answer rather than just a pithy "use teh search" retort.

I think the answers might be in this thread but there's allot of pages to go through.

To be fair the guy's right, the search (since the new forum system was brought in) has been infamous for being hard to use. You can try putting

+first +second +third

for your terms (note the spaces).

Differences in SS1979 and SS2010 include - the most important one IMHO - that the wheel arches ( wings / fenders ) are not curved over like in the original, so the shell lost a lot of it's cuteness I feel.

Also the new car has ;-

new door mirrors, no separate door handles, black instead of green FRP chassis reinforcing plate, slightly different (bigger diameter) dampers that still leak so nearly everyone says LOL, different length rear cage (1/4 inch in it), NON-realistic decals (the real sponsor names are gone), slightly different box art on the sides and different box art inside on the inserts, different manual, uses ESC instead of MSC, uses LiFe battery instead of NiCd special Hump pack, and some other things that escape me for now.

Good luck in getting hold of the TS paints needed for the shell. I can't get them from where I am so I had to import them via Hong Kong (Ebay). You can't really use PS paints. Acrylics dry way too fast to use unless you retard them. Halfords paint is a bit thick to use.

Repro' SS1979 decals are available!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

While it's getting harder to search, you can narrow down your search by going into the sand scorcher 2009 thread and just look for the word "difference" instead of searching the entire forum.

Sometimes using a non-model key word is more effective.

Just wondering if you got one yourself to compare with yours?

I just built the tamiya ball diff but I'm not sure if I tighten it enough?

If I turn one of the rear wheel the other turns the other direction which is expected.

However, if I start rotating one of the rear wheel faster it's clearly slipping and the other wheel doesn't move. Should I tighten it more?

it should be (minimum) tight enough that the balls can only roll on the plates, they must never skid/slip

so if the pinion gear on the motor is jammed stopped, both wheels cannot turn in same direction at same time

it should be (minimum) tight enough that the balls can only roll on the plates, they must never skid/slip

so if the pinion gear on the motor is jammed stopped, both wheels cannot turn in same direction at same time

Thanks WillyChang

I will tighten it a bit more. When I jammed the pinion gear both wheels turns the opposite direction of each other. But if I abruptly turn one of the wheel very fast the other one doesn't correspond (e.g. doesn't move)

Waaa Haaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa! Oh yeah, check this Bad Boy! Picked up some Rear wheel adapters from Cliff, cheers mate. This will either rip up the beach Royal Stylee, or it will be a nightmare of unweildy proportions, taking bets now.

But you gotta admit, its abeauty.

post-32607-1273366428_thumb.jpg

just built the ball diff and find it very notchy B)

its pretty hard to get it running smooth, unless the screw is fully tight.

Just mine and im in UK, got it from time tune models. Looks good to me but no doubt it wont be fitted for months lol knowing me!

Probably build it up sooner to see how it feels. Not cheap so hope it works and lasts well really.

Do hope tamiya bring out some more cool hop ups to!

Just waiting on my SS bodyset now!