Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Buu Huu my SRB lost its value... :D

I got six of them and I want more!!!

I don't care if they loose their value, to me they are priceless!!!

When I get some mone to spare I'll buy BC on the spot!!!

Every body has right to an opinion, but please leave the negative out as this is fans who want

Tamiya to re-re their favorit car. Namely the Sand Scorcher!!!

If I had the money I'd probably buy 5 of them new Buggy Champs... Or more... :)

And tones of spare bodys!!!

Badboy

Hi there Badboy ! Did you get my pics of the BC "leftovers " ?? Olle Gbg.

I am sure the re-releases have upset some of us at the TC. It does not mean they are not a true hobbist or investment is their purpose. Just imagine you wanted a RR for a long long time and being saving for even a longer time just to buy it. Finally you got youself one :) Than learn a few months / half a year / a year later Tamiya will do a re-release to 99% of the original at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price you paid for "an original", how would you feel. Mind you given a choice, if I know that Tamiya will re-release the vintage stuff to almost exact, I would not have bought any of the original stuff since for me the original is important but when the factory does a 99% release of the original that is more than good enough for me. Does than make me less of a Tamiya fan? No, just one without the deep deep pocket or huge bank account. To me the age of the metal or plastic is not important since we are talking about a few decades. What is important to me is the design and handling of the era, so an exact re-release is absolutely fine with me. We should not get into the attitude of "either you are with us or you are against us" and only the with us are welcome to stay.

i didn't know you liked srb's badboy!

you kept that quiet :D

:):D:P:P:P

Ohhh... Then I have to tell everybody!!!

It's importent that everybody knows as I'm soon hitting 40!!! (feb 7th) hint, hint...

Hi there Badboy ! Did you get my pics of the BC "leftovers " ?? Olle Gbg.

You got email... Sorry...

Badboy

:):D:P:P:P

It's importent that everybody knows as I'm soon hitting 40!!! (feb 7th) hint, hint...

Badboy

Why don't we ever grow up??!! :D (40 in July 2010....)

Yep, we are all entitled to an opinion, perhaps I read wrong...

Not sure if the Buggy Champ and the 'alleged' SS have devalued them financially or the sentimentally. Either way, not sure if it is a reason to HATE them or the manufacturer...

I too am fond of the RR and SS, and feel a little deflated by the re-release, still, not enough to HATE them or Tamiya....so different are we...

The re-re's and the current economics situation does not help the value of vintage kits.

Keep in mind this is a luxury good we're holding onto... I too, have quite a bit money "invested" in the vintage kits.

You are a week older than me! ;)

I wouldn't mind a couple of Sand scorchers for my 40th.....Hurry up Tamiya!

I am sure the re-releases have upset some of us at the TC. It does not mean they are not a true hobbist or investment is their purpose. Just imagine you wanted a RR for a long long time and being saving for even a longer time just to buy it. Finally you got youself one ;) Than learn a few months / half a year / a year later Tamiya will do a re-release to 99% of the original at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price you paid for "an original", how would you feel. Mind you given a choice, if I know that Tamiya will re-release the vintage stuff to almost exact, I would not have bought any of the original stuff since for me the original is important but when the factory does a 99% release of the original that is more than good enough for me. Does than make me less of a Tamiya fan? No, just one without the deep deep pocket or huge bank account. To me the age of the metal or plastic is not important since we are talking about a few decades. What is important to me is the design and handling of the era, so an exact re-release is absolutely fine with me. We should not get into the attitude of "either you are with us or you are against us" and only the with us are welcome to stay.

Very well said. Thank you.

You are a week older than me! :lol:

So hopefully we get a SS as birthday present!!! :blink:;);)

Badboy

I would be curious who your friend is in my office :)

LOL, he could be in mine, let me check under some boxes....

well i think i'm offically obssessed....everytime i see the letters SS or even s.s. i instantly think of sand scorcher... :)

well i think i'm officially obsessed....everytime i see the letters SS or even s.s. i instantly think of sand scorcher... :)

This is a common occurrence.

LOL, he could be in mine, let me check under some boxes....

I would work out of the restroom to just wander those hallow hallways at Tamiya......

...I actually applaud him for only wanting the originals.....

Errrm looking at his showroom, Alaskan Sand Scorcher -2

Quote:

"this is a sand scorcher built from new vintage parts. it has the radio box and gear covers from a buggy champ. "

Well yes darn those blasted cheap and widely available to all parts ;)

Hehehe

Chill Out !

Errrm looking at his showroom, Alaskan Sand Scorcher -2

Quote:

"this is a sand scorcher built from new vintage parts. it has the radio box and gear covers from a buggy champ. "

Well yes darn those blasted cheap and widely available to all parts ;)

Hehehe

Chill Out !

Yep the original radio box is not the same as the Buggy Champ radio box.

LOL.

Cheers,

ARG

I would work out of the restroom to just wander those hallow hallways at Tamiya......

Good, we can share my office then ;)

That is what he never told you. He works in Tamiya, but one of those guys with the after shaves and sterlised combs in the bathrooms :-D

Paul.

Yep the original radio box is not the same as the Buggy Champ radio box.

LOL.

Cheers,

ARG

What differs?

Vent holes?

Smaller rubberbushingholes on bottom piece?

Badboy

What differs?

Vent holes?

Smaller rubberbushingholes on bottom piece?

Badboy

Shading. Original is smoked. New is clear.

Cheers,

ARG

wow!

good looking out badboy

may be in time for your birthday!!

:rolleyes:

Badboy

Why don't we ever grow up??!! :D (40 in July 2010....)
You are a week older than me! B)

So hopefully we get a SS as birthday present!!! ;):wub::wub:

Badboy

Happy Birthday then to us all!!! This will be a great year!!! A very nice 40:th birthday present for us!!!

I think I'll cry... B)

Badboy

I just spotted that on Tamiyablog too amd jumped straight here to see what sort of reaction was happening, I guessed you would be pretty excited, I suppose you won't be getting much sleep between now and release date :rolleyes::D

I am officially starting to saving my pennies as of tomorrow ;)

I just spotted that on Tamiyablog too amd jumped straight here to see what sort of reaction was happening, I guessed you would be pretty excited, I suppose you won't be getting much sleep between now and release date :rolleyes::D

I am officially starting to saving my pennies as of tomorrow ;)

Well, I haven't slept for a coulpe of days allready...

Like you I'm starting to save money for a couple of spare bodys and cars!!!

Badboy