Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Front body post, wheels and tyres all ready available they are the same as Grasshopper re-re.

Cant wait for the bodyset maybe even buy a whole kit dont know why as I dont need one but it just looks so nice.

;):)

ahh cool, the body post same as on grasshopper? I thought it was quite long tall one?

yea have seen wheel tyre sets, though can even just use the buggy champ tyres to as well first!

I know should just wait for bodyset but exceitment of another big box may prove to much! lol

Odd. I did a search on the Tamiya web site (Japan) and didn't find any mention of Sand Scorcher on any page.

Where are Theo and Miramar getting their new product list from? I couldn't find such a list on the Tamiya website anywhere?

Anyone care to provide us with a link to it on the Tamiya Japan website? Only then will I believe it's real.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Also if you put ;-

1/10 RC BMW E30 M3 SPORT EVO (TT-01D TYPE-E) Drift Spec

1/10 RC Tamiya Sand Scorcher (2010)

1/10 RC Honda S800 Racing (M-05 chassis)

...into Google, there is only 1 link to it, and that's on Theo's & Miramar's page.

So it's not confirmed as of yet, at least in my mind.

Regards,

Alistair G.

Before a pre-order wouldnt it be good to get an idea of price ??

Dont want to sell a kidney to fund a nib ;)

I have been quoted 22900 YEN. Hope this helps.

P.

Thanks Paul .

Thats doable perhaps x2 doable ;)

Here you go:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=446

Odd. I did a search on the Tamiya web site (Japan) and didn't find any mention of Sand Scorcher on any page.

Where are Theo and Miramar getting their new product list from? I couldn't find such a list on the Tamiya website anywhere?

Anyone care to provide us with a link to it on the Tamiya Japan website? Only then will I believe it's real.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

ahh cool, the body post same as on grasshopper? I thought it was quite long tall one?

yea have seen wheel tyre sets, though can even just use the buggy champ tyres to as well first!

I know should just wait for bodyset but exceitment of another big box may prove to much! lol

Doh, just re-read my post....

You will need a SS Body Post

The

The Tyres and Wheels are already available as they are the same from the Grasshopper ;)

Well, I was wrong. I was 100% positive the "less popular" SRBs would appear before the Scorcher ... I'm glad it's coming, even if I do miss out on a re-re Superchamp ;)

this thread is blowing up....

i can't wait to see some pics..

you know there coming soon ;)

kit #58452 <-----WOW!!!

So Its holy number!!!

HAIL #58452 ;)

I want pictures!!!

Badboy

I'm debating hard now to whether order it directly from RC Champ (Japan) or go through my LHS (Canada). I really like my LHS but I want to get all the nifty stuff that comes with the Japanese release too! I was quite disappointed when my BC 2009 pre-order from my LHS did not come with the T-shirt. I wish Tamiya Inc realize that. How can they expect us to support LHS when they don't even help them out themselves.

The only other concern is the exchange, fluctuating up and down.

Well, I was wrong. I was 100% positive the "less popular" SRBs would appear before the Scorcher ... I'm glad it's coming, even if I do miss out on a re-re Superchamp :D
i guess they just killed the chances of a SC and XLT re-re....hopefully not ;)

The re-release of another SRB after the Buggy Champ was a cast iron certainty, bearing in mind that all of the re-releases have had two from each chassis variant issued. The Scorcher was always, always going to be the number 1 choice from Tamiya after the BC and the only thing that might have stopped them from doing it was any body licencing issues. Now we know that those issues either never existed or have been overcome and the other SRB chassis car is on it's way.

In my mind it is also a cast iron certainty that there will be no more SRB cars to come after the Scorcher. If you want an XLT or Super Champ then buy a Buggy Champ and go hunting on ebay for the rest of the parts to make up those other two SRB kits.

Guys I happen to have emailed the guys at RCTVLIVE directly. The host speaks to Tamiya on a regular basis because it is his job. Tamiya said off the record THEY ARE GOING TO RELEASE THE SAND SCORCHER it is the same as the buggy champ less the body. It will cost nothing more for them to put it out. It is not a rumor, it is true. I had to laugh (not maliciously) at the gentleman who quoted the Italian web site who was quoting RCTVLIVE.......that was funny. These guys at rctv have Tamiya's on all the time and if they say it is is true. When it comes out, you can then say, Oh, sorry mate, I did not think it was true. You were right!

They were indeed correct so all of those who were in doubt can start eating their humble pie. :lol:

It just goes to show that there really is no smoke without fire. Credible people have been receiving inside information and when loaded made his own announcement that seemed to be that. Who knows, maybe the Scorcher WAS set for a Xmas release but a production issue meant it had to be put back a few months. Or maybe that MFU that is coming with it needed a bit more tweaking. ;)

The re-release of another SRB after the Buggy Champ was a cast iron certainty, bearing in mind that all of the re-releases have had two from each chassis variant issued. The Scorcher was always, always going to be the number 1 choice from Tamiya after the BC and the only thing that might have stopped them from doing it was any body licencing issues. Now we know that those issues either never existed or have been overcome and the other SRB chassis car is on it's way.

In my mind it is also a cast iron certainty that there will be no more SRB cars to come after the Scorcher. If you want an XLT or Super Champ then buy a Buggy Champ and go hunting on ebay for the rest of the parts to make up those other two SRB kits.

Hang on a minute... How do we know that it isn't just the Blizter Beetle body that's being put into the "new" kit ?

Regards,

ARG

Hang on a minute... How do we know that it isn't just the Blizter Beetle body that's being put into the "new" kit ?

Regards,

ARG

Even if that is the case it is still a Baja body that is being included with the kit, hence all body licencing issues are now resolved. One way or another, in one form or another, the Sand Scorcher is to be the second SRB chassis re-release from Tamiya.

I've been watching this thread with interest and to be honest when the Buggy Champ was released I thought it inevitable that another SRB would be released (not from the coffee top selection either !)

As I have a nice Rough Rider I never saw the need to buy a Buggy Champ, however the Sand Scorcher is another kettle of fish. My Sand Scorcher is a rehash anyway so i'll definatly buy one of these as soon as.

I'll still watch ebay with interest at all the Sand Scorchers that get listed as i'd still love to own a 100% original (never have to this day) So who knows get all your Scorcher projects / shelfers / NIB listed and flood the market so that I can bag a original bargain (please !!) :lol:

It think Tamiya should rename the SRBs (Special Racing Buggies) to NSSRB:

Not So Special Racing Buggies

Rereleasing the whole series is killing some of its magic, althougt it is a positive thing that more people can enjoy them.

So then people, where are we at now with the great "Sand Scorcher Re-release" story that has been running for approximately the last 6 years? As we approach the final chapter of this epic tale we can now start to round up all of the answers to the questions that have been asked over the years, and perhaps come to conclusions about the few remaining still unanswered ones.

Cast Iron Facts

1) The kit gets issued in 2010.

2) It comes with the chassis design in almost identical form as the 1979 original.

3) All of the metal parts are reproduced.

4) It comes with black bumper.

5) Tyres are identicle to 1979 original, including sidewall lettering.

Probable facts

1) The kit comes with blister packs near identical to the 1979 original.

2) The kit box features identical box art, including "Racing Buggy Sand Scorcher" moniker.

Which leaves.....

Remaining Unanswered Questions

1) Is the bodyshell that from the original 1979 kit or is it that from the Monster Beetle/Blitzer Beetle kit?

2) Is the bodyshell actually going to be significantly modified to give a new look?

3) Will the bodyshell be hard plastic or lexan? Or Both?

4) Will intricate mouldings such as mirrors, wipers and exhaust pipe be reproduced?

5) Will the now redundant receiver box be used to house a LED lighting kit or MFU?

Feel free to add your own facts, figures and questions folks, this tale has not got much longer to run. What will we talk about after it arrives? We shall need a new "Holy Grail". :lol:

shoot, this would be announced 2 days after i put my scorcher on ebay :lol: , no wonder it's not got many watching