Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Keep looking at those announcements, any minute now :-)

Paul.

Paul.

Cmon Paul spill the beans the suspense is killing me and anybody else who has just read what you posted .....................Please :)

The Sand Scorcher 2009 is being announced shortly in Japan. If it hasn't been already. I can't be sure, but it will be in similar packaging to the Buggy Champ, blisters and all. Details will have to wait!

Paul.

Paul.

Thursday and friday are for the traders, and saturday and sunday are for the public, but I do not hope Tamiya waits to release pics from the hobbyshow until saturday, cause the waiting is killing me already... :)

My guy who told me about the Buggy Champ tells me the annoucement is today or tomorrow.

P.

Thanks Paul great news :)

This thread is going to go balistic it wont be long before its a 100 pages long :D

I must be honest, I have known about the will to do it for ages, but the actual details will have to wait till the weekend. It will be the same box format as the Rough Rider, blisters and all, same mk.3 SRB chassis and I don't know the details on the body. My hope is that it is complete with all the details, but early on in the project I heard there were problems with both this and licencing the product. Now that the licencing issues are set aside, the technical (cost etc) problems of making the body exactly the same needed sorting out and only the confirmation photos will prove this.

Keep well and keep breathing. I am off to have a beer or 6

P.

UBER glad i got my buggy champ now.

METBOY - ditch tower mate and grab one from stella quick smart! mine was $380 AUD delivered and only took a week to get here :) and you wont find safer packaging than stella.

C'mon Tamiya, release it! Man am I ever sick of scraping paint out of the louvres on old cracked Scorcher shells... must admit though Fashine made this part a tad easier to do but it's still a pain in the backside, can't wait for the new body shells! ;-

Cheers,

ARG

post-6936-1254924967_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1254924988_thumb.jpg

Alastair, I am not sure you got the message from my previous post, it is being annouced imminently.

Paul

PS : The beers are celebratory, not to drown my sorrows! I am nothing but delighted about this!

Paul.

Alastair, I am not sure you got the message from my previous post, it is being annouced imminently.

Paul

PS : The beers are celebratory, not to drown my sorrows! I am nothing but delighted about this!

Paul.

LOL yes Paul I got the message loud and clear, just wanted to say how happy I am to be able to buy a shell and think about only painting and stickers instead of having to think about brake fluid, oven cleaner, Fashine, knives, scraping, Epoxy gluing and scratches and cracked PolyStyrol B)

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Why do they announce this when I've been given a 15% paycut and have just committed to a major road trip next summer..?

LINKS! We need links to photos, stats ASAP!

Is this true?! Could it be!? WOOT!

I'm keeping this thread on all day....

Cheers,

Skottoman

Are we going to have a booby prize for the first person dumb enough to add it to their showroom going "HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT!!" B)

/cynic

Are we going to have a booby prize for the first person dumb enough to add it to their showroom going "HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT!!" B)

/cynic

Yeah, gonna be fun ;)

If anyone from here is going to the show, and if you see the Scorcher at the show, please can you take some kind of web enabled 3G type thingy and send us a quick message from the show plus a couple of pic's of the new Scorcher. A heck of a lot of people here would really appreciate it.

Cheers,

ARG

Why do they announce this when I've been given a 15% paycut and have just committed to a major road trip next summer..?

To test your loyalty? B)

I think we all knew it was inevitable, but exciting nonetheless to see exactly what Tamiya do with it - can't wait!

If you are that close to someone at Tamiya® how about ask them about a re-re of all videos on dvd!!!

Remastered and all!!! :o

I wish and hope it's tru about the re-re SS.

Unfortunally it would create a huge crack in my wallet ... B)

Badboy

Yes...YES.......!!

When the SS is re released - dump the T shirt and package in a re mastered DVD of the vintage promo's ;)

Can't wait to get the SS!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee :o

Yes...YES.......!!

When the SS is re released - dump the T shirt and package in a re mastered DVD of the vintage promo's B)

Can't wait to get the SS!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

Tamiya remastered a few and put them in their Youtube channel. They obviously still have the original broadcast quality master tapes . On youtube they looked clean but low resolution , as might be expected. They need to be put on with at least 640 x 480 and low data compression, but the quality would still be quite noticeably down on a DVD release of them, with regards to picture quality. If they master them correctly to DVD I would definitely buy a set. I'd love to see the Fox video nice and clean and sharp. The version in "HQ" (sic) in my youtube channel is as good as I could get into the tube, but my DVD version is very noticeably better, and I'd love to see a release straight from the original BQ master tapes.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Who is going to be the first to post links or pix of the "rumored" re-re Sand Scorcher!!!!!

Can't wait!