Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Yes, sorry, it was me. I thought the wind up was clear, but then you can't see the silly smirk on my face as I was typing!

Hehe, that's OK. Probably my fault for not reading the entire thread (it's a bit unwieldy).

Yes, sorry, it was me. I thought the wind up was clear, but then you can't see the silly smirk on my face as I was typing!

:-)

Paul.

Don't know 'bout your calendar, but here's too early for April fools day.. ;)

And there should be a blushing smiley too :-)

Its official, I am sorry!

Hey, Chris doesn't need to be sorry for his Scorcher hoax a few years ago, as it turns out, it was all true!

P.

This thread will self destruct at 100 pages. I suspect Badboy will take the brunt of the blast.

Paul.

Can't wait for next year... well, of course January is only a few days away, and it's hopefully gonna be the month of the SS2010! (my LHS here expects so).

Charging up the bank account...!

This thread will self destruct at 100 pages. I suspect Badboy will take the brunt of the blast.

Paul.

Why always me?

Why? Why? Wh (BOOM)!!!!

Ohhh...

I just exploded! :lol:

I'm soooo exited!!!

Merry christmas to all at Tamiya factory and all Tamiya fans here at Netsmith's playground!!!

and a huge thanks to Mr. Tamiya for this awesome christmas gift!!!

Badboy

It isn't that you deserve it, it is just that you will probably be in the way when it goes off :-)

Happy Christmas!

P.

Tower Hobbies has dropped their pre-order price to $329.99. With the $30 off coupon code right now, that puts it at $299.99.

I have 2 on pre-order.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Good for you. At the current rate, I can only afford one. Definitely need 1 more for keeping NIB as eye candy from time to time :)

Thanks for the heads-up, Skottoman. I had it on backorder for the higher price. I just sent an email to them for a price adjustment.

The new price is more in line with what it should have been in the first place. Now, if it dropped another $15 it would just about match the difference in retail prices between it an the Buggy Champ.

I'm gonna wait for the release and then I'll order one or two :)

Should I order a Buggy Champ as well?

I got 3 Rough Riders allreaddy, 1 Super Champ, 1 Sand Scorcher and 1 SS/BB body SRB!!!

I just can't get enough of 'em!!!

They're like a drug, I want more, more, more!!!

Badboy

Why don't you buy the Swedish distributor?

Because they are always late with releases!!!

I want it as soon it's released!

And you're right! I'll be in the way when it hit page #100!!!

If it goes bad I'll ship my cars to you! Right?

Ohhh... Sorry I'm dead by then so I can't ship it to you! :)

You'll have to come over and fight my girl for them!!! :o

Badboy

Not the Sand Scorcher but same chassie!!!

Buggy Champ votet as the Best Tamiya model in 2009!!!

http://tamiyablog.com/

Badboy

Which once again makes a mockery of the argument held by many on these forums, before the Buggy Champ arrived, that a re-re SRB would not sell well outside of Tamiya Club and it's members. :)

Thanks for the heads-up, Skottoman. I had it on backorder for the higher price. I just sent an email to them for a price adjustment.

The new price is more in line with what it should have been in the first place. Now, if it dropped another $15 it would just about match the difference in retail prices between it an the Buggy Champ.

Well Tower has kept the price the same, but just this morning increased the 'rebate' for 2 of them to $75. Soooo... cancelled the back order (again), and re-ordered.

Now with shipping I've got 2 on backorder with shipping for $595.

If they keep dropping prices, or increasing the rebates then I'll keep cancelling and re-ordering. As it stands, a little less than $300 a kit delivered is not bad.

Even if I keep getting dropped to the back of the queue, so be it. My wife calls me a "Good online shopper". Hah. :)

Cheers,

Skottoman

Not the Sand Scorcher but same chassie!!!

Buggy Champ voted as the Best Tamiya model in 2009!!!

http://tamiyablog.com/

Badboy

do ya think the sand scorcher will get it in 2010 even though its the same chassie?

Well Tower has kept the price the same, but just this morning increased the 'rebate' for 2 of them to $75. Soooo... cancelled the back order (again), and re-ordered.

Now with shipping I've got 2 on backorder with shipping for $595.

If they keep dropping prices, or increasing the rebates then I'll keep cancelling and re-ordering. As it stands, a little less than $300 a kit delivered is not bad.

Even if I keep getting dropped to the back of the queue, so be it. My wife calls me a "Good online shopper". Hah. :)

Cheers,

Skottoman

What is the $75 'rebate'? The SS product page doesn't have a "Buy 2 and save more" button that I saw.

Are you a Super Saver Club member? You could save even more money with the $60 members only coupon for orders >$300.

$329.99 - $60 = $269.99 and free shipping ea. Place two separate orders and save $120 total. $540 + $9.95 (the cost of a 1yr SSC membership) =$550 instead of $595!

This year I have saved over $500 because of the Tower SSC coupons. Yeah, it was a busy R/C year for me. :)

Which once again makes a mockery of the argument held by many on these forums, before the Buggy Champ arrived, that a re-re SRB would not sell well outside of Tamiya Club and it's members. :)

The Buggy Champ winning best model has nothing to do with sales, it won because it got the most votes in the poll on Tamiyas website.

If it was down to sales would you honestly think that the F104 Pro was the second highest seller?

I started typing the same thing about 2 hours ago, then decided not to poke the bear ;-)

Pleased you did though!

P.

If it was down to sales would you honestly think that the F104 Pro was the second highest seller?

Who is to say that is hasn't been?

Also, does this mean you dont believe that there is any correlation with that fact that the BC is the most popular kit of 2009 and the amount that have been sold?

What is the $75 'rebate'? The SS product page doesn't have a "Buy 2 and save more" button that I saw.

Are you a Super Saver Club member? You could save even more money with the $60 members only coupon for orders >$300.

$329.99 - $60 = $269.99 and free shipping ea. Place two separate orders and save $120 total. $540 + $9.95 (the cost of a 1yr SSC membership) =$550 instead of $595!

This year I have saved over $500 because of the Tower SSC coupons. Yeah, it was a busy R/C year for me. :lol:

The $75 off is from the coupon codes on their main website. If you add 2 Sand Scorchers to your cart, your total is over $600, which means you can use the $75 off coupon code.

I see your point about the super saver club. I'm not a member though. I should have considered that years ago. Hahaa....

Hope we all get the Scorchers we're waiting for!

Cheers,

Skottoman