Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

What is the $75 'rebate'? The SS product page doesn't have a "Buy 2 and save more" button that I saw.

Are you a Super Saver Club member? You could save even more money with the $60 members only coupon for orders >$300.

$329.99 - $60 = $269.99 and free shipping ea. Place two separate orders and save $120 total. $540 + $9.95 (the cost of a 1yr SSC membership) =$550 instead of $595!

This year I have saved over $500 because of the Tower SSC coupons. Yeah, it was a busy R/C year for me. :(

60 Coupon ?? All I see on super saver club is 30 off > 300. Am I missing something ?

Thanks, BD6

Also, does this mean you dont believe that there is any correlation with that fact that the BC is the most popular kit of 2009 and the amount that have been sold?
No I don't.

Do you honestly believe that the number of votes given in an online poll on a Japanese only website in two weeks has any correlation with the number of kits sold around the world?

Or that the F60 was the fourth highest seller in 2009 and outsold all their buggies when it only reached shops on 21st December?

With this site being concentrated on a small segment of the r/c market if we had a poll ourselves I'm sure the Buggy Champ would also come out on top as most popular, but I bet they sold considerably more Lunchboxes last year.

With this site being concentrated on a small segment of the r/c market if we had a poll ourselves I'm sure the Buggy Champ would also come out on top as most popular, but I bet they sold considerably more Lunchboxes last year.

Dunno about that mate.....

My Buggy Champ puchases outnumber my Lunchbox purchases this year by a ratio of 2 to 1!

:(

I agree 100% with Terry. Liking something, voting for something and buying something are not really all connected :-)

In a poll (again on the internet) Top Gear (probably the highest rated car review show in the world that has ever existed) found that Fiat cars were there third most reliable (what?) and that Subarus were the 3rd least reliable. Anyone who has ever owned a Fiat or a Subaru will know that these views are ridiculous.

Paul.

Just seen the firts ebaylisted Sand Scorcher!!! :lol:

Still no pics of the box anywhere!!!

Badboy

Do you honestly believe that the number of votes given in an online poll on a Japanese only website in two weeks has any correlation with the number of kits sold around the world?

Or that the F60 was the fourth highest seller in 2009 and outsold all their buggies when it only reached shops on 21st December?

We could debate all day about what we believe to be the biggest selling kits made by the company, but that wasn't the point that I was trying to make anyway. The fact of the matter is that, pre-Buggy Champ, there were several people here who were of the opinion that the company listened to it's Japanese market above any other, that the Japanese had different tastes to their Western counterparts and also that the Japanese market would have little interest in a re-release of the SRB chassis. These poll results clearly show that those people were wrong, as they were about the fact that a SRB re-release was feasible, and would be a strong seller.

If we want to talk about wrong, then where is the coffee can Sand Scorcher?

Paul.

If we want to talk about wrong, then where is the coffee can Sand Scorcher?

Paul.

I don't see your point. The coffee can cars were seen as a "heads up" as to what cars were definitely going to get re-released in some shape or form. Only the Astute remains from that selection.

I always believed those cars to be at the 'core' of Tamiya's re-release policy but it didn't meant they weren't thinking of others too.

If we are going to follow your way of thinking then where is the Tyrell 6 wheeler/Jeep Wrangler coffee can item?

Speacing of coffie, who did the Sand Scorcher Boxart coffie cups?

Badboy

It was never my way of thinking, I just thought they were popular cars and re issuing one of them as a R/C full size car had nothing to do with the coffee lid cars.

Other people thought they were the ten commandments.

I am off to the mountains now for a few days for some fresh air :-)

Paul.

By the way: Besides the coffee-cars,Tamiya did (and does?) some 1:32 items,motorized.There are all the classics available-such as Wild Willy/Monster Beetle ect...I recently saw a Mercedes 230G of them-there never was an RC-issue of it(sadly)...

So i wouldn't see too many mutualities or conclusions from their RC-stuff to other items they produce...Sometimes this may be correct,sometimes not

60 Coupon ?? All I see on super saver club is 30 off > 300. Am I missing something ?

Thanks, BD6

Where do you live? Even the Tower home page has a better deal than that ($35 off $300+).

For the past 6 months, since joining the Super Saver Club, Tower has emailed me coupon codes:

If Your Order Totals: YOU SAVE

$100.00 - $124.99 $15.00

$125.00 - $149.99 $20.00

$150.00 - $199.99 $25.00

$200.00 - $224.99 $35.00

$225.00 - $249.99 $40.00

$250.00 - $299.99 $50.00

$300.00 or more $60.00

I didn't list the codes because they only work if you are a Super Saver Club member in the USA and they change

each month. The current coupons expire 12/31. Check your email if you are a SSC member.

Where do you live? Even the Tower home page has a better deal than that ($35 off $300+).

For the past 6 months, since joining the Super Saver Club, Tower has emailed me coupon codes:

If Your Order Totals: YOU SAVE

$100.00 - $124.99 $15.00

$125.00 - $149.99 $20.00

$150.00 - $199.99 $25.00

$200.00 - $224.99 $35.00

$225.00 - $249.99 $40.00

$250.00 - $299.99 $50.00

$300.00 or more $60.00

I didn't list the codes because they only work if you are a Super Saver Club member in the USA and they change

each month. The current coupons expire 12/31. Check your email if you are a SSC member.

I live in La. and I am a SSC member as of last monday. The email I got only has 30 off orders > 300. It must be an older one or something. I took the 35 off instead on the main page. Does not make sense the web discount is higher then SSC. Could you help a bro out with the code ???? :)

Simon at http://www.retroboxart.com/ The link was dead when I tried it. :D

Why didn't I buy one when they where out?!! :)

I would love to have a Sand Scorcher cup!!!

Also I big size SS boxart poster!!!

Badboy

Is this really the first post in this Scorcher Re-release thread in 2010 ?????

Nobody interested anymore ???? Badboy, where are you ?????

:angry::)

I went into my local ModelZone yesterday, and they had two Buggy Champs on the shelf. I was soo tempted, but going to wait for the Scorcher!

I went into my local ModelZone yesterday, and they had two Buggy Champs on the shelf. I was soo tempted, but going to wait for the Scorcher!

There come as a carton of 2 kits in 1 box from the distributor apparently so that sounds about right. Interesting to see how there are 2 in the one shop, I would have thought that the 2nd one would be taken to another shop to increase sales chances. BTW what was the asking price? I am guessing expensive seeing as how it's MZ...

Cheers,

ARG

Alistair is quite right, they are shipped in cartons of two. Top tip, if you collect vintage kits, like I do, the cases are exactly the correct dimensions for storing 2 early big box kits, like the Scorcher, Ford Ranger, Opel Ascona etc. Not the Monster Beetle though, that seems slightly thicker.

Paul.

BTW what was the asking price? I am guessing expensive seeing as how it's MZ...

£289.99

Isn't that about alright as far as UK shops go?

£289.99

Im sure i have seen £260 but that was buying online from a UK shop! I havent looked but i doubt my local 'antics' has one in the store!

I ended up getting mine from Rc champ but i think cheapest mail order in uk was wonderland models.

£289.99

Sounds pricey (as usual for MZ). Fusion has them at 243 (with 10 per cent TC subscriber discount I think).

ARG

Sounds pricey (as usual for MZ). Fusion has them at 243 (with 10 per cent TC subscriber discount I think).

ARG

Do they have real shops in which you can look at these things in? If not, it's pretty unfair to compare prices with online retailers I think. Might as well buy from Japan or HK if you're going to do that...

Do they have real shops in which you can look at these things in? If not, it's pretty unfair to compare prices with online retailers I think. Might as well buy from Japan or HK if you're going to do that...

£259 in Modelsport if that helps the comparison?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?Call...ing=buggy+champ

£279 at Snettterton

http://www.spmodels.co.uk/p37278/Buggy_Cha...oduct_info.html

Is this really the first post in this Scorcher Re-release thread in 2010 ?????

Nobody interested anymore ???? Badboy, where are you ?????

;) ;)

I'm here!!!

But bizzy with my Super Champ, trying to get it in shape!!!

Waiting for answer from Frank Lux about rear shock!

Badboy