Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Got to say I'm getting more & more enthuisiastic about the new Scorcher - it sure does look purty :D

... Still not sure if it's enough to actually buy one though - by the time I've added paint, radio gear & a couple of hump packs to the likely price of the car, I'm thinking I could get an HPI Wheely King _and_ a Traxxas Slash, and which option would offend Badboy more? I mean, which option would I find more fun? :(

"and which option would offend Badboy more? I mean, which option would I find more fun? :("

:D

Like that, watch this space for an annoyed Badboy...

Got to say I'm getting more & more enthuisiastic about the new Scorcher - it sure does look purty

... Still not sure if it's enough to actually buy one though - by the time I've added paint, radio gear & a couple of hump packs to the likely price of the car, I'm thinking I could get an HPI Wheely King _and_ a Traxxas Slash, and which option would offend Badboy more? I mean, which option would I find more fun?

"and which option would offend Badboy more? I mean, which option would I find more fun?"

Like that, watch this space for an annoyed Badboy...

Ha, ha, ha!!! :(:lol::lol:

You guys killing me!!!

Now, seriously that's not funny!!!

Put HPI and Traxxxas in the same sentens as Sand Scorcher!!! :D;)

I can live with the new (old) arches, IT'S A SAND SCORCHER FOR CRY OUT LOUD!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Badboy

Well for me it's also because of the way the original shell's wings ( fenders ) curl along their width. The Blitzer shell loses a lot of the cuteness that the original car has, as it lost it's curves and the wings are just sort of flat and boring!

Spot on, totally agree.

Well for me it's also because of the way the original shell's wings ( fenders ) curl along their width sort of like in this 1:1 ;-

The Blitzer shell looses a lot of the cuteness that the original car has, as it lost it's curves and the wings are just sort of flat and boring!

Cheers,

ARG

Ok, I see what you mean now. Although it's not a problem for me.

Quick Question. Whats an old mk1 version worth (GBP)? Working, no body, just a running chassis.

I have no idea what is an acceptable price to pay.

Quick Question. Whats an old mk1 version worth (GBP)? Working, no body, just a running chassis.

I have no idea what is an acceptable price to pay.

£100 - £140, based on what I've seen go for on ebay.

Me too. :D

Max

Wow all this emission. Just see the new and old Scorchers for what they are, an interpretation of the real thing.

Actually, this captures the spirit of the original 1:1's very well:

No two should be the same:

Well for me it's also because of the way the original shell's wings ( fenders ) curl along their width sort of like in this 1:1 ;-

The Blitzer shell looses a lot of the cuteness that the original car has, as it lost it's curves and the wings are just sort of flat and boring!

Cheers,

ARG

hammer, nail, head.... it's the flatness that disappoints me. why have a flat chested version of the double D'd original :D

http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images_v2/002...5c08ec34cdc.jpg

Cheers,

ARG

Yes, it's true that the fenders have lost their rounded shape - but there's a much bigger difference that I'm quite surprised (unless I missed it?) no one else has mentioned in 35+ pages of debate...

The new SS body is a Monster Beetle shell with a SS nosecone.. simple as that. I'd wager a new kit that the windows for the SS10 will NOT fit the original. Any takers? :D

-Steve

About a quarter to three, Australian time.....

Australian Mickey Mouse time that is....

Having never owned an original Scorcher, these changes to the 2010 kit don't sway my opinion of the vehicle in the slightest. Not like I'm going to do it boxart, and if something is not how I like it, it surely will be modified and added to. I see these scaler type kits as a starting point to be built upon. So many good examples of this way of thinking in the showrooms already and these are by far the best Scorchers on Tamiyaclub. The boxart "sheep" builds are dull and boring and I don't give them a first look most times.

I got only two complaines!

To soft springs both front and back.

And it's lower than the original!

Arches? Make your own!!!

Tamiya has decided to re-re the Sand Scorcher!!!

How cool isn't that?!!

If you don't like it don't buy it!

Simple as that!

Do you think if Tamiya re-re the Chevy Blazer would be as original?

Abosulty NO!!!

Me signing out...

Badboy

The new SS body is a Monster Beetle shell with a SS nosecone.. simple as that. I'd wager a new kit that the windows for the SS10 will NOT fit the original. Any takers? :D

Why will a MB window not fit the original SS?

Why will a MB window not fit the original SS?

-- Because there is a difference! A very big difference at that -- Compare the widths of the two and you will see :D

The boxart "sheep" builds are dull and boring and I don't give them a first look most times.

Tend to agree; once you've seen 10 box art cars do you really need to see any more?

Hopefully a sense of creativity will be included within the instructions of the re-re SS.

:D

PS - Mark are you going to paint yours yellow?

Tend to agree; once you've seen 10 box art cars do you really need to see any more?

For me a massive part of Tamiya is the brilliant box art. I very rarely want a model if the box art isn't pleasing to me.

The Sand Scorcher especially was a very aspirational item when I was growing up. I could only afford my Hornet as I got it for 50p at a jumble sale my Gran dragged me along to. There was no way I could have afforded a Scorcher back then, or any of the other models I have now, and painting them box art reminds me of craning my neck to see over the counter at Beatties or Apex Models, wishing Santa or Jesus or Elvis or someone would bring me one.

In fact it has gone so far that I'm making newer models into retro replicas - my DF-03 Keen Hawk is painted and stickered to look like an Avante 2001 for example. I spent ages hunting high and low for the original VLB stickers to go on my re-re.

So basically, of course I'm not going to create a build thread of my standard (well, I might put a Sport Tuned motor in it) build with standard painted shell. I might post of a couple of the first bash, and any sweet jumps I take it off though. :D

Oh, and if anyone near me is good at painting, I'd like to commission you to paint my SS. PM me if you think you're up to it.

PS - Mark are you going to paint yours yellow?

Am I that predictable?

It will be a yellow, red, blue, silver and black theme (sort of my 'team' colours), which all of my cars are if you look closely... the ones that are painted anyway. So many waiting to be painted.

The new SS body is a Monster Beetle shell with a SS nosecone.. simple as that. I'd wager a new kit that the windows for the SS10 will NOT fit the original. Any takers? :(

I'll take you on. I have Blitzer Beetle windows in my Scorcher shell......fit without a problem. Check my showroom.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my address so you can send the kit :D

I'll take you on. I have Blitzer Beetle windows in my Scorcher shell......fit without a problem. Check my showroom.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my address so you can send the kit :(

He wrote "Monster beetle" :lol:

I reckon we all know Blitzer windows will fit SS :D

Send me a PM and I'll give you my address so you can send the kit :D

OUCH!!!!

What's the technical term for this? Ahh yes..... "you got served!" lol.....

You better be right, CT matey.... or else I look like kak.

Alex

He wrote "Monster beetle" :(

I reckon we all know Blitzer windows will fit SS :D

Thanks for that.... now I look like kak.... *sigh*.....

So hard to sit on the outer while all you Scorcher weirdos fight it out......

Alex