Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

can't wait for badboy's response....lol

Why?....Am I going to get chewed out or something?

I just don't see the big deal besides being old or new being a re-release.

I like the metal front end on it....the tires look real.

To each their own, man.

Tower had one of these fo rsale...all gone now... It looks like the same chassis as the scorcher?... I liked it because it looked real, but the price...eh...

BuggyChamp%20Car.jpg

I just checked and it's not in stock anymore

Yep, the price is roughly the same here in the UK as it was in 1980, allowing for inflation, when I, as a 15-year-old, managed to save up and get the Sand Scorcher variant. We are talking about nostalgia here, not high performance or cheapness. :(

Why?....Am I going to get chewed out or something?

I just don't see the big deal besides being old or new being a re-release.

I like the metal front end on it....the tires look real.

To each their own, man.

Exactly. :(

REMOVED - poster suspended

Wow I never read anything like that before here on TC, we are mostly a friendly lot here.

Please note that everyone is entitled to their opinions.

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE PERMITTED.

If anyone has offended you, please contact one of the moderators before you attempt to reply in the manner that you did.

I can see that you were provoked, but that does not excuse a post like this.

Regards,

Alistair G.

Bye! Any way I have ordered mine from Stella, can't wait!!! Also received my original SS resto project today, loads to keep me busy :-)

Bye! Any way I have ordered mine from Stella, can't wait!!! Also received my original SS resto project today, loads to keep me busy :-)

Pictures please. :)

Wow what happened to this nice thread! and i didnt even see bad boys reply? seems a bit ott!!!

Wow what happened to this nice thread! and i didnt even see bad boys reply? seems a bit ott!!!

He didn't reply. He was flamed in advance! :)

Hi guys!

What happened???

A few pages back there where alot of complains bout the re-re so I got kinda sick of it...

So I left this thread...

I saw the upcoming from eric 2,5 but left it there, but what happened after that?!! :)

I never had time to read it... PM please? ;)

Anyway!

I'm happy about the re-re, but like the vintage better. Are going to buy one or two...

Hopefully I get one as I'm turning old fella this sunday (40) hint, hint...

Your bud, Badboy

Wow I never read anything like that before here on TC, we are mostly a friendly lot here.

If anyone has offended you, please contact one of the moderators before you attempt to reply in the manner that you did.

Regards,

Alistair G.

Alistair, PM what this guy said please?

Pictures please. :)

Will try and upload some tomorrow. Spent most of the day stripping the ss down to see what bits I need. All in all it looks pretty complete, will post more details in the vintage section. Oh btw I'll say hello, pretty new on here but been lurking for a while :-)

I leave you guys alone for a couple of hours to inventory a Nitro Blizzard and look what happens....

:)

Paul

so someone got all gangsta in here and it wasnt even about the crappy flat arches? *SIGH* what is the world coming to!

i've heard that one run rumour about the sand blitzer rere before on here...

jeezz.... anyway, did anybody else hear about the mismade SS kits? having bugs in the 1st batch. 2 screws holes were misdrilled on the chassis. and some more on F/R bumpers. these mismade kits were quickly sold out after they got this news.i read this on another site. the 1st batch was shipped to Korea prior to their domestic release.tamiya is working on fixing the bugs.those kits might be worth some $ in 30 yrs.

so someone got all gangsta in here and it wasnt even about the crappy flat arches? *SIGH* what is the world coming to!

This made me laugh out loud :)

You have to love the passion though!

I do not personally know any of you but can one of you PM me what 2.5's last post was :) ... just a summary will be fine ... came out of nowhere from the sounds of it ...

Also received my original SS resto project today, loads to keep me busy :-)

I am another who would like to see your pictures of this please :)

Cheers,

ARG

Will try and upload some tomorrow. Spent most of the day stripping the ss down to see what bits I need. All in all it looks pretty complete, will post more details in the vintage section. Oh btw I'll say hello, pretty new on here but been lurking for a while :-)

Ahh I added my request for pic's before I read this, yes posting in the vintage section would be best. Looking forwards to seeing the pictures.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

jeezz.... anyway, did anybody else hear about the mismade SS kits? having bugs in the 1st batch. 2 screws holes were misdrilled on the chassis. and some more on F/R bumpers. these mismade kits were quickly sold out after they got this news.i read this on another site. the 1st batch was shipped to Korea prior to their domestic release.tamiya is working on fixing the bugs.those kits might be worth some $ in 30 yrs.

What's the world coming to?

First Toyota ... now Tamiya ... clearly QA has taken a backseat lately in these difficult times. Even when the buggy champ was released they had to correct the steering rods, and the F-60 body had a correction printed lest you cut off the wrong part of the lexan.

Wonder if thare are any mis-print errors on the boxes as well :)

Regards,

Alistair G.

Nevermind, Alistair. It's a cultural thing. The guy's a New Yorker. If you dunno what that means, then go spend some time there and you'll see what it's all about :)

Hi guys

Funny that it has taken the Scorcher to get me to put up my first post - a model I didn't even own back when they were new! I'm more Hornet/Hotshot type guy! Anyway, I ordered mine today from Stella. Geez less than AUD$400, how can you go wrong?! I don't care either that it's not original as I don't see the value in those. But then I have an Aussie muscle car which I'm restoring and people don't see the value in them either :) . Like the last guy said, to each their own. I can't wait for my SS10 to get here, it will sit beside an original restored Hotshot and Frog, and a re-re Hornet. Anyway that's me. All the best to everyone with their Scorchers!

Well Guys,

I have almost finished my SS10.

Still needs a final polish in some places, wipers fitting, VW sign fitting, rear lights painting and fitting.

The hardest part in my opinion is the black window surrounds, I was pulling my hair out but tried my best.

I will be buying another body parts set when they are available now that I know what I'm doing.

Cheers,

Steve.