Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Just ordered mine at Tower. Woot!

I just hope Tower has ordered enough to fill all the backorders!

I wrote and questioned them about it, and all they could say was...

---

"Thank you for writing Tower Hobbies.

The date we have on our web site is Late February. Keep in mind this is an estimation and estimated dates can and do change.

Thank you for writing Tower Hobbies. We appreciate your time and your business with us."

---

So who knows how many they actually have ordered. My backorder is from Dec 26th...

Good Luck!

EDIT!: Just checked Tower again and as of today they say IN STOCK!!!!!!! WOOT! My order is invoicing now! WOOT!!!

Skottoman

Went to my local hobby shop today to exchange the bad rear cage. They have a box of them waiting for the customers to come. What is going on. First Toyota, then Honda, now Tamiya. :)

It is our fault. As customers all we do is want things cheaper. All they do is supply our wants. Cheap goods.

Paul. In a slightly cynical and depressed mood....

skottoman - Thanks for the heads up! This morning, Tower already has them listed as 'Limited Quantities' already. Good thing the two I back ordered from them are listed as 'being shipped'!

skottoman - Thanks for the heads up! This morning, Tower already has them listed as 'Limited Quantities' already. Good thing the two I back ordered from them are listed as 'being shipped'!

ACK! I have 2 on backorder from Dec 26th, and they don't say "being shipped" yet! ACK!

Mine say "Invoiced - Processing in Warehouse"

When did you back order your 2?

Cheers,

Skottoman

Just had a look at mine: strange thing: it came with the bag,but no ESC?! i expected the japanese-spec as i ordered at the same place where i got my jap-spec Buggy Champ(that came with the shirt)

Is this the Japanese-Spec i've got? Where's my shirt then??? :)

It is easy to remove the sticker and the ESC

P.

you are maybe right as i can clearly see that there has been a sticker removed on the front of the box! Hmmm.. :)

Skottoman - I placed my backorder Dec 23rd. No worries - my order actually says 'Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse', (my translation of 'being shipped').

Big cheers! Can't wait!!!

BadBoy - Tower has the diff listed under the name 'Tamiya Ball Diff for Buggy Champ' with the status 'Order Pending' and their definition of that is:

"Product is in the process of being ordered from the manufacturer. We can accept back orders on these items."

... I placed an order for three, I hope they deliver!

Skottoman - I placed my backorder Dec 23rd. No worries - my order actually says 'Order Now Being Picked and Packed in Warehouse', (my translation of 'being shipped').

Big cheers! Can't wait!!!

WOOT! Just got confirmation that my order is shipping! With tower discount and super saver club, Total shipped to my house is $584.98! That's $292.49 each! WOW!

WOOHOO!!!!!!! *BIG GRIN*

you are maybe right as i can clearly see that there has been a sticker removed on the front of the box! Hmmm.. :)

I hope they removed it without damage. I hate stickers on boxes, there should be some kind of law against it LOL. When you try to peel them off they can tear the box art...

Cheers,

ARG

It is our fault. As customers all we do is want things cheaper. All they do is supply our wants. Cheap goods.

Paul. In a slightly cynical and depressed mood....

I would have paid more to get the SS1979 body shell reproduced exactly by Tamiya, I know that much.

Maybe one day as computer aided reproduction / moulding etc. gets cheaper someone will repro. the shell properly?! Anyone for a second hand injection moulding machine?!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

So many disties love to put stickers of things. MRC springs to mind as a perpetrator most worthy of the award for ******ing up future values of collectables.

On one Tamiya I found 4 stickers from MRC:

One big bright red MRC star, One small black sticker covering the word Tamiya (wonky) with the letters M.R.C., one "As see on television, the latest craze, RC sporting" (or some garbage to that effect, I have forgotten exactly - Toy's they're not is just about acceptable, RC as a sport? well even Twinset couldn't say that with a straight face :) ). Finally a little sticker saying the words "AA NICADS free of charge"

Thanks for that M.R.C. :-)

Also Americans do love to staple something together. I think it may be a requirement of citizenship to not be outside of a 3 foot radius of a fully charged stapler. For example, one trip to the states got me 4 staples in my passport.

Paul.

ACK! I have 2 on backorder from Dec 26th, and they don't say "being shipped" yet! ACK!

Mine say "Invoiced - Processing in Warehouse"

When did you back order your 2?

Cheers,

Skottoman

I just cancelled my back order and placed a new one. => status now: processing in office :)

Less than 18 hours from processing to shipped, awesome.

Now I need to get a battery for it. I'm not sure I want to get the LiFE battery and only have 6.6v, or spring for a 6-cell hump pack.

i bought one at towerhobbies.com they claim in stock ok what do I need to make it handle a brushless system from traxxas the velinon systems? I plan to use lipos also......

does anyone know the battery compartment size? have to figure out what lipo size battery I can get...

Annoying. I've got 2 SS's on backorder at Tower (Dec 20 and Dec 29) and still no change in status.

Annoying. I've got 2 SS's on backorder at Tower (Dec 20 and Dec 29) and still no change in status.

I cancelled my backorder with tower as well and reordered and it shipped today. With my discount i got my buggy champ for 259.99 shipped and my scorcher for 269.99 shipped.

my Tower oder is shipped now. I have to pay with discount $ 307.39 that's about EUR 230 to Germany. A very reasonable price :)

... but I have to wait for the customs-lottery <_<

... but I have to wait for the customs-lottery <_<

That is so true!!! :)

Any body seen the T-shirt edition yet?

Badboy

That is so true!!! <_<

Any body seen the T-shirt edition yet?

Badboy

Mine's in customs now, tracking says "Pending customs inspection" that doesn't look. Its not the money so much, but the extra delay....

I want it now...

What ?? Not up to 100 pages yet ? <_<

About the ball-diff : Didn´t I see some pic of it with two different part number , any info of that ??