Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Got mine from Tower today

P1010006.jpg

One will be built and the other kept NISW (new in shrink wrap).

Wish I could X-Ray them to see which one has more damage inside... and then open that one. :rolleyes:

opened mine from tower yesterday and the battery blister was cracked opened nothing fell out of course or anything just split parralel to motor.

Got mine from Tower today

P1010006.jpg

One will be built and the other kept NISW (new in shrink wrap).

Wish I could X-Ray them to see which one has more damage inside... and then open that one. :rolleyes:

For those who cares the A123Racing 2300mAh 6.6V pack fits perfect inside the radio box.

It's just wider than the 1100mAh pack but the height and length remains the same.

I just picked one up from Ultimate Hobbies ($279.95) here in SoCal and it came with the blue bag and esc. Maybe they all come with the bag. Haven't checked out the cage issue yet.

All USA SS come with correct cage.

All first run production in USA will come with bag.

We also have a build contest for US Residents

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=463

just received my kit today from Stella ... ;) ... no additional donation to the UK government so that MPs can spend public funds on a pond in their garden with water fountains ...

felt like looking at my newborn ...

none of the parts were loose from the blisters (but the blisters are coming off from the card board backing everywhere I see for both the blisters packs) and with a correct cage ... ordered my kit on 19th ... well done Stella ... was not shrink wrapped unlike the tower hobbies ones ... but then again, maybe Stella had to replace the rear cage, and I ordered some spares as well for my TRF, and so it was in the kit as well ... loved the smell of it though ...

so what can I do with the 'non woven' bag? maybe i should start a new thread ... here in the UK, supermarkets are discouraging shoppers from using plastic bags ... hmm maybe i can use it to carry groceries ... pretty cool eh :lol:

Hi All!

Does anyone know when the bodyset will be released oversea's? I have an expected release date over here of 21 March from ModelsportUK priced at £37.00???

Thats pretty much the same date that most UK places are getting.

I think the quickest way of getting all the parts you want now is to buy a full kut and take out what you need from it and sell the rest of it as parts on Ebay.

No doubt you will easily recoup more than half of the outlay.

It's a bit of a long wait and I really hope there is good stock of the front mounting post to convert the BC into a SS.

I have only seen a couple on Ebay in the past week or two and they are fetching alot of money :[

... It's a bit of a long wait and I really hope there is good stock of the front mounting post to convert the BC into a SS.

I have only seen a couple on Ebay in the past week or two and they are fetching alot of money :[

I have just had a look at the 58452 manual and the front body mounting post is a 1 piece. It is not the same as the 1979 SS which comes in a 2 piece where the top adaptor piece is for the SS body and the lower post is for the RR. So what you see on ebay, if it is an adaptor is from the original kit.

this is the 2010 SS post, i do not have a picture of the 1979 post unfortunately ...

from the 58016 manual

... Does anyone know when the bodyset will be released oversea's? I have an expected release date over here of 21 March from ModelsportUK priced at £37.00???

everything that is sold in the UK is expensive compared to anywhere else in the world ... :lol:

I was hoping to import the Sand Scorcher bodyset as I did the Buggy Champ bodyset for about £30 including P&P, maybe someone from Hong Kong knows???

Anyone got a good quality/large pic of the SRB silhouette logo from the box-end (between the front wheels) that they wanna post up?

Anyone got a good quality/large pic of the SRB silhouette logo from the box-end (between the front wheels) that they wanna post up?

Hows this Andy.....

img17920_28022010145415_1.jpg

I was hoping to import the Sand Scorcher bodyset as I did the Buggy Champ bodyset for about £30 including P&P, maybe someone from Hong Kong knows???

I ordered mine from Tower Hobbies at $44 (excluding post) the day before Modelsport UK put their listing up so by the time I have paid postage I won't have saved anyting at all.

Incidently Modelsport are now saying Match 19th for bodyset.

Has anyone got a PDF of the Manual yet or direct me to where it is available?

I have just had a look at the 58452 manual and the front body mounting post is a 1 piece. It is not the same as the 1979 SS which comes in a 2 piece where the top adaptor piece is for the SS body and the lower post is for the RR. So what you see on ebay, if it is an adaptor is from the original kit.

this is the 2010 SS post, i do not have a picture of the 1979 post unfortunately ...

from the 58016 manual

yes you are right

wonder if the 1pc new post is same outer dimensions as original post

if there's enough meat could be possibility of getting it machined out to work like original

Sorry if that's been mentioned before but as a petrolhead I got my issue of Uk EVO mag with the new Lime green Lambo on the cover and found that there is 6 pages about the SS and it's full scale friend !

http://www.evo.co.uk/

Very nice

Jerome

Here's a comparison of the two nose cones:

IMG_1970.jpg

Side-by-side, mostly the same.

IMG_1971.jpg

New numbers here, and you can also clearly see the 'modern' machining patterns. The two additional support ribs have been carried over from the Monster Beetle:

IMG_1973.jpg

Center post is different also:

IMG_1975.jpg

1986? Apparently Tamiya used the Monster Beetle tree as a starting point for the new mold:

IMG_1981.jpg

I also measured the width of the indicator light openings and found the re-re holes to be just a bit bigger. 7.25mm as opposed to 7mm I got with my original. Has anyone else noticed this?

-Steve

• Like 1

I also measured the width of the indicator light openings and found the re-re holes to be just a bit bigger. 7.25mm as opposed to 7mm I got with my original. Has anyone else noticed this?

Surprisingly I picked that out by eye, without a side-by-side comparison or original nosecone to hand. 0.25mm - I must know this buggy better than I thought!

Surprisingly I picked that out by eye, without a side-by-side comparison or original nosecone to hand. 0.25mm - I must know this buggy better than I thought!

I thought I noticed a difference too, but I'm not entirely sure it isn't just some extra glue in my used example I have here. Someone should probably measure another original to confirm this... It's hard imagine Tamiya would change the size of the opening without reason!

-Steve