Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

anyone's rear cage not aligning?

I got it from rc-champ and it's the T-shirt version

when did you order yours and when did you receive it?

i ordered a kit from rcchamp as well, and right now it is somewhere between japan and here ... :)

i got a kit from stella about 2 weeks ago and it had the correct rear cage.

Evo site has this short video of the life sized Scorcher used at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. Thought you would all like it!

*wipes a tear*. That. Was. Beautiful.

do you work for tamiya or something? so your sayihng that the last batch of SS is may?

I got word from my head office at work that we are expecting 2 more deliveries of the Sand Scorcher, the last one being in May.

Im guessing that is the cut of date for the kit however no word on body sets.

Also the Thorp diff is soon to be released in "limited numbers" for RRP £29.99, Concequently I have ordered a few for myself at that price :]

Will be interesting to see if the repro ones on Ebay will adjust their prices to compete with Tamiyas own.

Either way if you are after a Tamiya Thorp diff get your orders in quick as they appear to be very limited to avoid missing out.

when did you order yours and when did you receive it?

i ordered a kit from rcchamp as well, and right now it is somewhere between japan and here ... :)

i got a kit from stella about 2 weeks ago and it had the correct rear cage.

Mine was probably one of the first ones as I pre-ordered it months ago. I got it shipped on release date.

I work for Modelzone, we deal directly with The hobby company. according to our buyer HC stated that the last batch of SS is may.

I dont have any more infomation than that im afraid I only got a short email saying this and that the Thorp diff is on its way as well.

I work for Modelzone, we deal directly with The hobby company. according to our buyer HC stated that the last batch of SS is may.

I dont have any more infomation than that im afraid I only got a short email saying this and that the Thorp diff is on its way as well.

The Thorp Diff is on its way? Is that a personal purchase or will your shop be stocking them, if so any idea how many?

The Thorp Diff is on its way? Is that a personal purchase or will your shop be stocking them, if so any idea how many?

When I enquired about getting one I was asked if I definately wanted it. They appear to be very limited and its unlikely they would be shipped out across stores as general stock. Therefore I was told if we had any customers interested that we should get their details asap and take orders for them.

I dont know how limited they are going to be but if you are after one I would highly recommend trying to pre-order them somewhere and not just hope for them to turn up as stock from any sites.

Please don't take my word as final on this I am only relaying a messege I was told :]

RC Channel has been busy.

New rear axle arms with aluminum rear cage, also available separately.

http://www.rccarparts.biz/product_info.php...products_id=467

JAnderson Posted Yesterday, 11:52 PM

I ordered one, even though it was a bit pricey; I just like the whole design: looks perfect for making a 'Streetversion' SRB.

In the past I got the highlift axles and some alu rimms for my Buggy Champ: they all are high quality parts. :)

Cherio,

Rick

looks nice... Not sure what the advantage of the revised arms are.. Upper link doesn't allow adjustable camber.. But I guess movement of arm in relation to wheel changes..

Y I was thinking the same I expect this allows the rear suspension to travel while keeping the tyre vertical. Currently the tyres arc around hmmm tough to visualise without pictures.

now thats cool...vs the plastic

RC Channel has been busy.

New rear axle arms with aluminum rear cage, also available separately.

http://www.rccarparts.biz/product_info.php...products_id=467

JAnderson Posted Yesterday, 11:52 PM

I ordered one, even though it was a bit pricey; I just like the whole design: looks perfect for making a 'Streetversion' SRB.

In the past I got the highlift axles and some alu rimms for my Buggy Champ: they all are high quality parts. :(

Cherio,

Rick

Y I was thinking the same I expect this allows the rear suspension to travel while keeping the tyre vertical. Currently the tyres arc around hmmm tough to visualise without pictures.

You're right, current set up goes from positive camber to negative camber as suspension is compressed. Their version will minimise the camber change. It would be nice however if they allowed that upper arm to be adjustable!

I'd be interested in the arms by themselves.. I have an aluminium cage from TC member john smith..

I really like this mod as it emulates bugs built with IRS rear suspention donors which was standard on some beetles (suprbeetles 1303s ect), IRS was used for a while in real bajas but stock IRS system was found to be less robust than swing arm system so custom variations started appearing. Its is completely authentic in terms of baja racers.

http://www.aircooled.net/gnrlsite/resource...es/handling.htm

Scroll down the page to see pic of IRS next to Swing Axle version

http://www.azbaja.com/ForumsPro/viewtopic/p=52739.html

Woohoo I will be getting my replacement part :huh:

Just to hold out some hope to others who ordered from the champ, mine arrived a few days ago, and while I've not built one yet, if this picture is anything to go by (http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp?t=n&id=img22418_11022010231158_4.jpg), my rear cages seem to be fine. (these are the t-shirt kits)

... some hope to others who ordered from the champ, mine arrived a few days ago ... my rear cages seem to be fine ...

Not trying to spoil the party, but I think your rear cage mounting hole may not be aligned.

I couldn't afford the whole kit but I managed to pick up one of the Scorcher bags via eBay. It arrived yesterday. Big yay! :)

Now I have to get the T-shirts for both the Scorcher and the Buggy Champ.

Not trying to spoil the party, but I think your rear cage mounting hole may not be aligned.

Ok, now I'm confused =)

Is that a picture of a good cage, or a bad one? I thought on the bad ones, the holes are further to the left in your picture. Or am I looking for the wrong problem?

Ok, now I'm confused =)

Is that a picture of a good cage, or a bad one? I thought on the bad ones, the holes are further to the left in your picture. Or am I looking for the wrong problem?

That's a 'good' cage. The pic link you posted with the hole further in (ie, towards the back of the car) is the 'bad' cage.

- James

That's a 'good' cage. The pic link you posted with the hole further in (ie, towards the back of the car) is the 'bad' cage.

- James

Phew - that's what I thought. I'll go down a take a closer look later - but I'm pretty sure mine look like the "good" pic. Thanks for putting my mind at ease James!