Leckster

Sand Scorcher 2009

Just got email from wonderland models advising that TS-10 and TS-26 will be available on June 1st! so I have ordered 2 of each hope that will be enough to do an SS shell!!

From RC-Champ

Tamiya 84113 Buggy Champ ball diff set (Limited Edition item) Discounted price 2205Yen Released on 15th of April

It's kinda weird that my rear cage from BC2009 fits the SS2010 and the "bad" rear cage from SS2010 fits my BC2009

Just got my 2010 SS in and I think I have to the miss drilled rear bumper. I suspect that these miss drilled cages will be worth something in the future simply because it was a mistake.

Just got my 2010 SS in and I think I have to the miss drilled rear bumper. I suspect that these miss drilled cages will be worth something in the future simply because it was a mistake.

Thats a good point, maybe 30 years down the line an immaculate SS2010 body shell could be worth more than originals as theres gonna be allot less of them produced and Im noticing more radical mods and cutting going on with them than we ever saw with originals. In fact I'm planning one myself MU HA HA HA HA......where did that evil grin smiley go?

Its a shame I've been thinking long and hard but I really can't justify buying a whole SS2010 kit right now. I've just got too many old SRB chassis sets packed away without radio boxes or bodies so maybe I'll just treat myself to a body kit (or 3) if they ever arrive, and that funky RC Channel suspension mod.

Big thanks to Tamiyadan for the info on that :)

Its a shame I've been thinking long and hard but I really can't justify buying a whole SS2010 kit right now. I've just got too many old SRB chassis sets packed away without radio boxes or bodies so maybe I'll just treat myself to a body kit (or 3) if they ever arrive, and that funky RC Channel suspension mod.

I am in the same boat with you. I have a ton of vintage SRB chassis but I wanted the new kits anyway. I got my BC long ago and the 2010 Scorcher in time for my Birthday. I love it when I can buy whatever I want for myself.

I bought a 2010 body kit and a bunch of extra P and L parts for my Other scorchers. I also bought a bunch of radio boxes from Jason when he was blowing them out for super cheap.

I also bought a bunch of radio boxes from Jason when he was blowing them out for super cheap.

Doh! Missed out again. Think I'll get a few radio boxes anyway. Never thought in a million years we'd be talking like this :) .

Did you get it from a USA supplier?

Need to add another note on my post for the rc channel rear suspension kit.

TamiyaDan,

I appreciate your reviews on the RC Channel parts for the SRBs, I'll be ordering a few bits from them soon!

Are the alloy wheels a one piece design and thus require the tires to be glued to the rims?

Thanks,

Question Boy

yes they are one piece. I would of liked them to be 3 or 2 piece but you can't win them all.

Thanks again for the info. I found a set of alloy *outer* rims from an ebay seller here in the US. The parts look good, and although I like the idea of a one piece wheel for strength, I do appreciate not having to bond the tire when using multi piece wheels.

On another note, I'm working on some parts to fit a 28mm dia. x 45mm long brushless motor. I'm sure I could fit a standard 36mm dia. brushless with some mods, but I'm of the mind that the smaller brushless motors still make plenty of power for the old drivetrains. I just want a little more power in the sand and the increased efficiency...

Anyone else running a brushless in their SRB?

QB

It seems the SS body sets are shipping from Tower Hobbies. I had 2 on back order, and they are shipping today.

With a discount and free shipping, I'm getting them for $26.50 each. Seems like a pretty good deal considering that's what most lexan shells cost these days.

Cheers!

Skottoman

With a discount and free shipping, I'm getting them for $26.50 each. Seems like a pretty good deal considering that's what most lexan shells cost these days.

Cheers!

Skottoman

Is there a code for the discount and free shipping you can share?

QB

Did you get it from a USA supplier?

Yes from an eBay seller in Florida

Is there a code for the discount and free shipping you can share?

QB

I had ordered the shells bundled with some other parts to get the discount, and the shells just shipped.

Was whatever promotion Tower had on the main page about a month or so back...

Cheers,

Skottoman

Yes from an eBay seller in Florida

It could have came from overseas then. did it have shrink wrap and the blue bag inside?

It could have came from overseas then. did it have shrink wrap and the blue bag inside?

yes, shrink wrappped and the blue bag inside

only one way to find out <_<

but I talked to my LHS regarding these cages, he said Tamiya Canada and USA should have gotten all the correct ones and included in them before shipping them out.

Then it did come from the USA and should have had the correct part inside. Please contact our customer service for the correct part. 800-tamiya-a

JR and Stella have the body sets on the web. I would suggest Stella's online store as they are only $32.30. ;)

dammit ;) only just finalised & paidup an order few hrs ago too... ;)

On a different note... who thinks its worth renaming this thread to "Sand Scorcher 2010" ?

anyone's rear cage not aligning?

I got it from rc-champ and it's the T-shirt version

just got mine from RCChamp and the rear cage is fine ... i guess after a few queries from those who got the miss-aligned cages, they will replace them before sending them out. extra work for them. i am sure Tamiya will pay for their additional postage that the retailers have to incur for sending out replacements.