Sign in to follow this  
RedFrits

Anyone Experienced This

See below picture:

dsc00744r.th.jpg

I hate when this happens. I used standard Tamiya masking tape 18mm. When I peeled it of, the chrome just came of.

Can I use this tape when I'm putting on my 2nd colour on my F350 shell (making stripes)?

Thats a bit of a shame.never seen chrome come off with the masking tape before.Maybe your tape had really good glue :)

Anyway,if i were you,i would sand off the rest of the chrome, except the light buckets and prime/paint to the same colour as the body.

That might be worth a try or if you still want the chrome look,how about sanding the top bit,painting it with a good glue and then kitchen foil back it and trim off when dry.

OR

just touch it up with some alloy paint and squint a bit more.

It looks like the grille was probably not cleaned properly before it went to the chroming process.

Preperation is the key to any paint job,masking is always tricky,when you mask for the stripes on the body,make sure the paint has had plenty of time to "harden off" a week or even two IMHO.

Well, believe it or not, my girlfriend came with the probable cause of this incident.... I put the tape on 5-6 days earlier. Also, it laid down in the sun for a couple of hours... Stupid me..

But, I found a solution which works for me:

dsc00745z.th.jpg