Has anyone used parceltogo.com as i have just used them to send one of my kyosho nexus helicopters & was wondering how to you all send your parcels, do you just use the good old postal service or any other means.

The reason being ( call me lazy if you want i don't mind ) but taking a large heavy box down to the post office just doesn't do anything for me & the people behind the bullet proof screen are not that helpfull ( thats why i suppose they are behind a bullet proof screen.) don't get me wrong i don't mind taking small items down there, so i suppose the question im looking for is how do you post your ebay items.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Rich

Sorry Rich,i havn`t used them,but i am looking for an alternative to the RM,they have managed to loose 2 packets recently,one was my F350 to the states,oh sorry again,that was sent by Parcelfarce not the RM ,the RM lost the ESC i sent to London from Yorkshire.Great work chaps[NOT]

Anyway,i would also like to hear others experiances with alternatives,so if anyone has any good recomends please?

T

I've used parceltogo both for my own and my companies parcels.

Their collection and delivery is done by DHL, but without DHLs ridiculous prices.

My experience of DHL is that they are a good carrier, as long as you don't send something on a Friday, so it ends up spending the weekend sitting in a depot. For some reason those have more chance of being damaged than a parcel that's delivered the next day.

I use www.interparcel.com

They were around before parcel2go and are cheaper and offer far more options. I often get a quote from someone who has been 'tricked' into using Parcelfarce to ship their item to me in Czech for about £60 and I just collect the item using my guys for £21-£26 delivered in 48 hours or so.

I used to have an account with Parcelfarce when they were in the UK. They are laughable, I know of parcels being left in stairwells in London council buildings, leaving stuff with dodgy neighbours etc. They are part of the national carrier and their guys are not answerable to anyone.

Using Parcel2go or Interparcel means you can ship abroad and actually get more interest in your auctions, as the prices are far more reasonable than what most people offer from their local Post Office (2 kilos and above). Since most people nowadays shop based on the total cost including shipping, it stands to reason that you will get more interest from international bidders if your shipping costs are low. 90% of the things I sell are with free shipping nowadays.

Paul.

Thanks guys i have checked out interparcel & their prices are very similar to parcel to go. but can i just say this, that both these companies are great & they offer the added benefit of being able to track a parcel from begining to end but if you have only a small parcel dare i say the post office is still the best value for money as long as its royal mail sending it & not parcelfarce, as i have never had a problem ( as yet ) with the royal mail service.

Cheers

Rich

Hi there,

From my experience, which is international (not local) interparcel are quite a bit cheaper, for example, the cheapest rate to Czech with P2G is £26, but with IP it is £21 (for 5 kilos with same carrier DHL)

Plus, just register with IP and you will save 5% and more in the future if you buy a lot.

I used P2G and they are also good, but use the same carriers.

Keep well :-)

Paul.

PS : The tracking is great, you are right!

Thanks guys i have checked out interparcel & their prices are very similar to parcel to go. but can i just say this, that both these companies are great & they offer the added benefit of being able to track a parcel from begining to end but if you have only a small parcel dare i say the post office is still the best value for money as long as its royal mail sending it & not parcelfarce, as i have never had a problem ( as yet ) with the royal mail service.

Cheers

Rich

Post office is best for a small parcel yes.

One problem i have is i sent some SRB wheelcovers to vagabondstarjxf and did not use Recorded :( Poor bloke never recieved them.

Lesson painfully learn to the loss of some nice vintage stuff!

ALWAYS SEND RECORDED!

used parceltogo to send to italy recently, excellent service, the tracking allowed me to see every depot it was scanned into on route and the expected delivery time.

very good.

mat

For me parcel2go or interparcel - big parcels.Smaller parcels - Royal Mail :(

Ive used both parcel2go and interparcel endless amount of times.Both great :) Cheap,fast,reliable etc :)

Post office is best for a small parcel yes.

One problem i have is i sent some SRB wheelcovers to vagabondstarjxf and did not use Recorded :lol: Poor bloke never recieved them.

Lesson painfully learn to the loss of some nice vintage stuff!

ALWAYS SEND RECORDED!

Royal Mail uses a variety of machines to sort the mail.

Make sure you package delicate parts well. If you make the package > 50mm thick it should be too big to be put through the machines.

If you use Special Delivery your package should be sorted by hand, so there's less chance of it getting damaged :lol:

Grizy

just remember people there is a postal strike on at the moment they estimate parcels to take 2 to 8 weeks to arrive if sending south of london or vice versa

I use parcel2go for sending large packages out of uk (usually TGX bodysets which are too big to ship royal mail) and have so far been happy with them and i have got to know my local (very fat) DHL driver, i see him pull up and i go out and put the parcels in the van for him as im sure if he prizes himself out of the bab door he will never get back in lol. Good service, delivered quickly, might try looking up interparcel next time to see the difference.