lioniz

Bruiser/tundra Compatibilty

Does anybody know if Bruiser tires/rims will fit on the Tundra? I love that monster truck look with the deep rims!

Does anybody know if Bruiser tires/rims will fit on the Tundra? I love that monster truck look with the deep rims!

Yes they will :( Just get a set of standard 12mm hex 2.2" rims. My F350 Highlift runs with RPM chrome Revolver's and Bruiser tires. Looks AWESOME as I love the classic Bruiser tire. eBay has a set of 4 Bruiser tires from a company in Taiwan. They're a MUCH softer compound; just like a crawler tire. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

Yes they will :( Just get a set of standard 12mm hex 2.2" rims. My F350 Highlift runs with RPM chrome Revolver's and Bruiser tires. Looks AWESOME as I love the classic Bruiser tire. eBay has a set of 4 Bruiser tires from a company in Taiwan. They're a MUCH softer compound; just like a crawler tire. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

Hey Blues, thanks for the tip! Got any pics of the f350? I'd love to see it!

Hey Blues, thanks for the tip! Got any pics of the f350? I'd love to see it!

Hey buddy! Sorry don't got picks of mine quite yet, but will work on it! Here's a pic of our fellow TCer Vin87's Hilux with 2.2's and Bruiser tires:

post-23871-1253765094_thumb.jpg

Also here's the link to the eBay item for the 'soft' Bruiser tire repro's. These are excellent quality and I actually like them better than the Bruiser/Blackfoot originals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

When the listing runs out, the guy always puts them back up. Again,I can't say enough good about these if you're a Bruiser tire nut like myself. I got these on my actual Bruiser, my King Blackfoot, and my F350 Highlift. I also got a set of HPI Wheely King tires on my High Lift at the moment with body lift. It's CRAZY and definately looks like an old skool monster truck!! Have fun lioniz!!!!!

Hey buddy! Sorry don't got picks of mine quite yet, but will work on it! Here's a pic of our fellow TCer Vin87's Hilux with 2.2's and Bruiser tires:

post-23871-1253765094_thumb.jpg

Also here's the link to the eBay item for the 'soft' Bruiser tire repro's. These are excellent quality and I actually like them better than the Bruiser/Blackfoot originals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

When the listing runs out, the guy always puts them back up. Again,I can't say enough good about these if you're a Bruiser tire nut like myself. I got these on my actual Bruiser, my King Blackfoot, and my F350 Highlift. I also got a set of HPI Wheely King tires on my High Lift at the moment with body lift. It's CRAZY and definately looks like an old skool monster truck!! Have fun lioniz!!!!!

What type of foams did he use? The truck looks awesome!

Not sure Lionz. You can contact him through his TC member name though :lol:. These trucks look so KILLER with Bruiser tires dude!

Not sure Lionz. You can contact him through his TC member name though :lol:. These trucks look so KILLER with Bruiser tires dude!

I am on it like a cheap suit! I got 4 wild willy rims on ebay for $20 and ordered the tires today at Hobbytown Crystal lake!! What's nice is I can use the monster tires inside while I'm chasin the dog and the crawler tires outside for serious stuff!

That's my High-Lift truck :)

NO foams. Those are 1990 Kyosho wheels with original 1985 Bruiser tires. The combination works very nice, but the reproductions that someone from Asia has for sale one Bay are much nicer as Bruiser's are too hard.

Sorry there mongoose1983 :) Don't know how I referred the wrong person. You have an AWESOME High Lift there buddy! I may have to do that interior mod if I can source one. Any word if Scollins is gonna do another run of his interiors? Too bad he stopped making them, but I understand when other REAL priorities arise. I'm currently visiting my folks in Picayune, MS so I don't have access to my usual camera et. al. Otherwise, I'd post pics of my 3 Speed. Maybe I can finaggle something though...

You know regarding the stiff leaf springs on these trucks? I've been running my runner for 3 years now, and my leafs are actually softer than my Bruisers now--and that's running full 5 leaf spring packs. I actually had to put the internal springs back in my dampers a year ago so that it wouldn't run too soft. The suspension articulation is actually pretty awesome now. I did do the reverse shackle mod that some have done here. That pretty much eliminated the leaf warping problem. I'm glad now that the leafs are as stiff as they are outta the box because after a few months of continuous bashing, they soften out REALLY good. From there, it's quite literally 'smooth sailing'.

I truly love that Tamiya came out with this new classic!!!!!

Sorry there mongoose1983 :) Don't know how I referred the wrong person. [...]

I truly love that Tamiya came out with this new classic!!!!!

He he he. No problem! :) My buddy Vincent told me I could use his showroom to showcase my truck back when I still was not a full paid member, that's the reason you mentioned him before. But now I have one, and you can see my Tamiya models there. :)

I have used the High-Lift less than 10 times I think. I was using three leafs and the front ones bent at some point. I don't know what to do with these, but that was it. Now I don't feel like running it anymore.

Regarding the interior: It's very easy to modify. You'll need a dremmel -check the pictures. You can buy the repro interior from a TC member on eBay (Jsourbeck). Check item #360184555225. Tell Jim that Erich from Chile sent you.

Have a great Saturday!

EB

--

I got 4 wild willy rims on ebay for $20 and ordered the tires today at Hobbytown Crystal lake!!

Will the Bruiser tyres fit those rims, arn't WW2 rims wider like Lunchbox wheels? I think it'll be a stretch.

Will the Bruiser tyres fit those rims, arn't WW2 rims wider like Lunchbox wheels? I think it'll be a stretch.

Yeah I thought so . I bought 4 wild willy 2 tires just to be sure.

Thanks!