subsea

Tamiya Mini Racing

Big question, with the new body styles coming out, will most people alow the Hondas and the Nissans to run with the Mini's or are there going to be arguments about the "aero" design of the bodies, just lookin for input for rules at the local track--thanks all.

We (Weeting Model Car Club) have decided to only allow Minis and Mini variants (Travellers, pickups and "new" Minis)

some of the boys down here are finding M05 suits their driving, up to a whole lap faster than before

supposedly traction-rolls less than M03 once you've got the grip sorted out

I can concur with WillyChang on this as i am now running a good 1 - 2 seconds faster (outdoor) at my local with my M05 than i was with my M03L! (not a lot but it makes a big difference)

But others racers are noticeably slower with the M05. Its horses for courses really!

Good job i read through the club rules again. I nearly added carbon gear shafts which is not allowed (for some strange reason)

Good job i read through the club rules again. I nearly added carbon gear shafts which is not allowed (for some strange reason)
Because they enhance the performance of course !! :D

If you are wondering why they are not allowed because they are pointless - why bother fitting them?! Theres an oxymoron for you :lol:

Did you spot the 4000mAh limit on cells too ?

6000mAh limit don't you mean.

If you are wondering why they are not allowed because they are pointless - why bother fitting them?! Theres an oxymoron for you :lol:

Yeah i know they don't do alot apart from save a little weight. Just seems strange to ban things they don't do much or anything. They have allowed oil shocks which are pointless on our track.

4000mAh, according to page 2 of the rules;

The website says 6000 and the handout version we got had 4000 crossed out and 6000 written over it.

Just found this on the rules on the club site.

"Plus any small hop up as long as it does not affect the original chassis design."

What does this include?

Just found this on the rules on the club site.

"Plus any small hop up as long as it does not affect the original chassis design."

What does this include?

I would interpret that to mean things like alloy hubs, arms, toe in hubs, adjustable upper links etc, the chassis design basically remains the same but with subtle tweaks.

I would interpret that to mean things like alloy hubs, arms, toe in hubs, adjustable upper links etc, the chassis design basically remains the same but with subtle tweaks.

Thats what i thought but it lists them as seperate parts on the site. Not that it matters as i'm leaving mine as is anyway apart from adding a alloy motor mount.

At the AGM the basic consensus was that you can fit any hop-up you like as long as it wasn't "performance enhancing" - so chassis wise I guess that means you can do as you like.

Hmmm, that's nice & clear then :lol: How do you tell if anything in particular has "enhanced" the performance ?

Fit it and if they say no when the look at it then remove it lol.

I can't see any hop-ups that will help our cars really. everything is really for the "Bling" factor

Hmmm, that's nice & clear then :lol: How do you tell if anything in particular has "enhanced" the performance ?

I think it was more aimed at motors and the like - I think though perhaps there should be an exhaustive list of what is allowed - there arent that many parts to an M-chassis car so it wouldnt be too hard or too long a list.

Does anyone else think we should be having this discussion on the WMCC forum??

Does anyone else think we should be having this discussion on the WMCC forum??

Yeah we should but if we have it here "outsiders" can give us an outside opinion on it.

Rules changed for cells, sorry didn't realise i hadn't changed that one. I do think you should discuss this on the club forum as then the committee can amend rules if appropriate and answer questions. The basic outline is your car should be box stock with a few minor things like alloy hubs that only make it less expensive in the long run because of the reduced amount of breakages. The rules state that you can also run a car with as many upgrades as you like but you will not be eligible for the championship. I trust that none of your cheat as that would take away the point of club racing wouldn't it?

Rules changed for cells, sorry didn't realise i hadn't changed that one. I do think you should discuss this on the club forum as then the committee can amend rules if appropriate and answer questions. The basic outline is your car should be box stock with a few minor things like alloy hubs that only make it less expensive in the long run because of the reduced amount of breakages. The rules state that you can also run a car with as many upgrades as you like but you will not be eligible for the championship. I trust that none of your cheat as that would take away the point of club racing wouldn't it?

I don't think any of us would cheat at all. Like you said this is club racing and is all about fun.

We just want some clarification on some of the rules.

I didn't say anyone would cheat, :lol:

The rules are a guide line to what you can run, if you have something fitted that is not listed forward it on to one of the committee members and im sure we will discuss it and reach an agreement.

I will put together a list then - the M01 is a bit of an oddball anyway :lol:

Man you guys are making me jealous!!!!!!!!!!! When I was there 2 years ago I always ran Monday nights in Risby and they did start micros and mini racing there too. I love my Mini, I still got it too. It needs to be fixed and reoiled shocks for sure but it's still there. If I didn't race at Risby so much I would have gone to race my Mini there. All you guys enjoy what you have, there is no "racing" on road here in las vegas.

Looks like this seasons colour for mini bling could be Vemon green...

547052d1264571329-m03-m05s-aussie-mini-racing-thread-green-mini-bits.jpg

It all looks like Yeah racing stuff, certainly the steering rack.

Wonder what the Secrets are??? A Motor and Fan... OOOOOOHHHHH