J4MES

New Motor.

I need more speed!

I have a Bush Devil with uprated oil filled shocks, fully ballraced and run a TEU-101BK ESC, what motor would be suitable for more speed, I believe i'm currently running an uprated 540 motor (with Genuine Racing Gear written on it) at the minute though not 100% as it was fitted when I bought it.

Any suggestions would be great!!

I need more speed!

I have a Bush Devil with uprated oil filled shocks, fully ballraced and run a TEU-101BK ESC, what motor would be suitable for more speed, I believe i'm currently running an uprated 540 motor (with Genuine Racing Gear written on it) at the minute though not 100% as it was fitted when I bought it.

A lot of people run the sport tuned with this esc. Also you can look into the BZ RZ TZ motors from tamiya they offer good punch and won't harm hte esc with thte stock pinion.

I need more speed!

My advise would be make sure the brakes are as good as the motor speed. Seriously, the 101 has terrible brakes.

I used Tamiya Super Stock RZ in my Celica and Top Force and it's way faster than a stock RS540SH even using the recommended smallest pinion.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Thanks for the reply's guys, really helpful!!:blink:

Whats the difference between the BZ, RZ and TZ motors?

Most of my Bush Devils and King Blackfoots are fitted with brushless 9T Ezrun setups. Fast, reliable, fun. Search the forums and you will find much talk about EzRuns. In fact, everytime someone mentions 'Bush Devil' or 'Super or King Blackfoot' I usually mention 'Ezrun'!!! I went through all sorts of old fashioned motors for my trucks, eventually ended up with the brushless setup and haven't looked back. You don't need to go LiPo either, mine run fine on 4600mah NiMHs. You can detune them with the supplied program card so you have good run times, no stuttering yet still plenty of go for off road bashing.

If you want something VERY fast for 27T, get yourself a Trinity Monster, either stock or Pro. Search for ones with a green monster on them. They have excellent acceleration than the silvercan motor and even better top speed. They go around 25,000RPM. If you want something "modern" get yourself a CO27, although personally I'd still buy that Monster :lol:

If you want something VERY fast for 27T, get yourself a Trinity Monster, either stock or Pro. Search for ones with a green monster on them. They have excellent acceleration than the silvercan motor and even better top speed. They go around 25,000RPM. If you want something "modern" get yourself a CO27, although personally I'd still buy that Monster :lol:

Tamiya Super Stock RZ was 27,500 RPM if I recall. Incredible magnet power on it too. Great acceleration.

Regards,

Alistair G.

Tamiya Super Stock RZ was 27,500 RPM if I recall. Incredible magnet power on it too. Great acceleration.

Regards,

Alistair G.

My FF01 has only got the steering knuckles ballraced, and it goes at around 45km/h with a silver can. With 27.500rpm of motor I can touch 80. That would be quite an overkill though :)

Think I'm going to go for a Tamiya SS RZ! Also my friend says he's got a Pro Stock 2 motor that I can have for free, I've got 3 Bush Devils so theres plenty of choices really!

I have a tz in my re-re boomerang. I am running the stock 101bk speed control, but running a 2s lipo (7.4v). Top speed with the radar gun was 27. 26 mostly consistent.

I am kicking around the idea of brushless, but not sure if the gears will take it.

Just invested in the SS RZ, can't wait for it to arrive, though now I'm thinking my batterys might not be up to scratch- they are nearly new NiCd 2000m/Ah, will they be up to it??

Starting to get expensive this!!lol Just don't tell the girlfriend!!lol

Those 2000mAh packs will work, but you won't get the punch the higher powered NiMh packs can deliver.

In the Bush Devil, expect runtimes in the region of 6-8 minutes, maybe less depending on what terrain you're running on.