NJhopper

Brushless Blackfoot

Just that, does the blackfoot with the thorp trans support a 9t brushless setup? i don't think so but it's always good to ask before I go and melt it :lol:

Just that, does the blackfoot with the thorp trans support a 9t brushless setup? i don't think so but it's always good to ask before I go and melt it :)

I would say yes but you WILL need this mod ;-

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...74&sid=3142

...and it would be a good idea (I imagine) make the gear ratio higher as the tyres are so big.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I'm interested in this one too, having just purchased a new thorp diff (!) and the aluminum GT gears so I can use an alu counter gear.

I've already got an adjustable motor mount so I can change the gearing, what would be recommended for the larger tyres?

I'm interested in this one too, having just purchased a new thorp diff (!) and the aluminum GT gears so I can use an alu counter gear.

I've already got an adjustable motor mount so I can change the gearing, what would be recommended for the larger tyres?

I have a similier setup with the alloy gears as well now. Im just going to start with a 10 tooth and work the way up and keep an eye on motor temp

P.S> I havent bought the brushless but I will in the coming weeks....

Cool - let me know how you get on! Which motor mount are you using? I have the CRA one and for some reason it makes the motor foul the rear trailing arm unless I put a stupidly large pinion on :unsure: Any help or advice appreciated! I'm going LiPo first, then brushless :lol:

Cool - let me know how you get on! Which motor mount are you using? I have the CRA one and for some reason it makes the motor foul the rear trailing arm unless I put a stupidly large pinion on :unsure: Any help or advice appreciated! I'm going LiPo first, then brushless :lol:

Yeah, I have the CRA on. Didn't have any probs with it but if it rubs the trailing arm just shave the rear arm a little till it clears..