Leethal Driver

Discovery Real Time "wheeler Dealers"

Slight case of stable door and horse in the distance but did anyone else see the episode last night (never seen it before but my brother in law came round to babysit and put it on just before I went to 5's so I sky+'d the last 20mins).

They took a shed of a Beetle bought for £200 and turned it into a Sand Rover via the addition of a fibreglass shell and some alloys with fat rubbers. Sounded great considering it only had a 1300 under the rear, and looked a blast when the guy was tearing across the sand flats.

Just thought it was a real nice 1:1 reference.

wheeler dealers is great.

i know he is getting paid, but Mike seems genuinely interested in all cars!!

new series is on now (tuesday night - disco realtime at 9pm)

i have seen the beach buggy one a few times

makes me want to build one!!!

On a note about that episode the guy who sold Mike the Dune Buggy bodyshell is non other than Tamiya Club member Mad Zero, a top bloke he inspired me to do my mods to my Sand Rover and came up with the idea for the bikini roof on it.

Like the show. But the only part I don't like is they never factor in the labor cost, which I think they would have lost money on almost everyone of the vehicles they sold after fixing it up.

• Like 1

Like the show. But the only part I don't like is they never factor in the labor cost, which I think they would have lost money on almost everyone of the vehicles they sold after fixing it up.

I think the idea is that labour cost is free as you are doing the jobs yourself.

On 10/21/2009 at 12:11 PM, BiggusDitchus said:

On a note about that episode the guy who sold Mike the Dune Buggy bodyshell is non other than Tamiya Club member Mad Zero, a top bloke he inspired me to do my mods to my Sand Rover and came up with the idea for the bikini roof on it.

Thanks mate!

(only took me 12 years..)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1