moxyuk

What Other Vintage Stuff Do You Collect

hi

what other vintage stuff do TC members collect as i started collecting vintage star wars figures by getting a CP-03 from ebay.

Then got a frog and a lunchbox aways wanted a vintage one as it was the first rc i had as a kid.

and would love to get a classic 80s 1:1 car

cheers mark

me - retro games consoles mostly, tho I haven't bought any for a long time as i'm running out of room! I currently share around 120 or so with my brother, mostly mine tho! I have a bit of everything, from the common (5 megadrive 2's, 2 x snes ect..) to a few rare(ish) ones such as the Vectrex, Nintendo Virtual Boy, Gameboy Light......

I also have a small collection of Sony Walkmans, including the first incarnation from 1979! I find most of these at boot sales tho, which is a bonus!

My brother is the retro toy collector extrodinair! Transformers, He-man, MASK, Gi Joe, Go-bots and loads of others, he's got em! There is a small sqaure of carpet in his bedroom, the rest is all toys! trouble is, my son likes all the stuff he does, so it gets expensive for me!

I love the 80's for it toys, games and the fact is was just a kid, very innocent and just enjoying life! Back when Christmas was something to REALLY look forward to!

hi

what other vintage stuff do TC members collect as i started collecting vintage star wars figures by getting a CP-03 from ebay.

Then got a frog and a lunchbox aways wanted a vintage one as it was the first rc i had as a kid.

and would love to get a classic 80s 1:1 car

cheers mark

i think you mean C3P0!

I would like to collect Freestyle bikes when i get time,Mainly CW and Haro :)

That's a COOL idea. :) I wish I could still bmx - before diving back into Tamiya 4 years ago I thought about it but to my horror I found I just cannot ride a bmx anymore - I am just too tall. :( Regardless of frame and bar combo my knees just knocked the bars at any sort of lock. Booo!

I would like to collect Freestyle bikes when i get time,Mainly CW and Haro :)

my bro had a mongoose

i collect 80's b.m.x stuff

racing stuff though...cause i use to race 78-85

i currently own cw,robinson,redline,tahoe,mongoose.

I collect anything that is not nailed down a 6 metre square in my shed is dedicated to items not nailed down :)

My wife has a hard time convincing me that I dont need these things anymore she might throw something out and Iam in the bin looking for what she has thrown out I think thats falls into OCD or Hoarder category.

Hmmmm

Vintage Star Wars figures and vehicles ( has been curbed a lot in the past few years)

Some old pc equipment

The Six Million Dollar Man - actions figures and play sets :) - one of my fav collectibles - nothing like laying the smack down on Bionic Bigfoot or Maskatron with Steve Austins bionics :(

Pinball and Pachinko machines and early home gaming systems.

I totally dig the folks collecting the BMX/Freestyle bikes - way cool :)

G

I was a BMX racer back in the early 80's. Now I have a 1983 Lahsen Bicicross and a 1984 Kuwahara Survivor 2.5. Have a look here: http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/kuwahara/riders/erich.html

I also like DVDs of old TV series like The Dukes of Hazzard and The Incredible Hulk. Oh, and a huge Bachman-Turner Overdrive, and Bee Gees vinyl record collection. And all of the KISS CDs, too. I used to have several vintage Hi-Fi stereo gear. I sold my Bang & Olufsen reel-to-reel tape recorder to fund my Bruiser project!

Ermmm, what else? I have the mid 70's Matchbox/Lesney "Fighting Furies" figures. When I was a kid nothing got my imagination as much as pirates!!

I Collect vinyl records. Mainly punkrock, have been doing that for over 10 ye ears now. I also collect hard to find movies: Turkish remakes of Hollywood movies, bad movies, all in all old and unbelievable movies.

I also have a vintage moped (monarscoter from 64) and if I had more money that would definitely be something I would start collecting.

I'm really happy to hear that there's people collecting old bmx's. I use to ride for fun as a kid. One summer I started every day watching Rad before breakfast. Plenty of 80's rides in that movie.

Moongose 1983. I been thinking that your nick might had something to do with bmx:)

My other 80's affliction is Star Wars collecting although I also collect the more SW recent stuff as well. My vintage faves would be EV-9D9, Wampa ice creature, Imperial Snowtroopers with laser cannon, Han Solo's blaster, the original scale model AT-AT and the Millenium Falcon most of which were won after galactic scale battles on Ebay.

I Collect vinyl records. Mainly punkrock, have been doing that for over 10 ye ears now. I also collect hard to find movies: Turkish remakes of Hollywood movies, bad movies, all in all old and unbelievable movies.

I also have a vintage moped (monarscoter from 64) and if I had more money that would definitely be something I would start collecting.

I'm really happy to hear that there's people collecting old bmx's. I use to ride for fun as a kid. One summer I started every day watching Rad before breakfast. Plenty of 80's rides in that movie.

Moongose 1983. I been thinking that your nick might had something to do with bmx:)

Vintage moped? Any chance of a picture? I have a 1973 garelli katia, totally original right down to the bulbs in the headlamp. Hope to get it running one day...I am currently restoring 2 italjet bambino's from around 1970, one is almost done minus the petrol tank and the other needs a bracket welding before I can start painting it. I also have a diamondback venom from around 1995, just had full respray in white, looks brilliant but I am not too keen on the spoke wheels, anyone got some mags lying around:)?

Zoids, watches (Rolex and Omega, though other eras as well) and Lego. Some Zoids are as rare as some Tamiya models (even more so) and some Lego bits are more expensive than Tamiya.

Curiously there is a C3P0 on eBay right not (out of Lego) life size (though quite how they know this?) for over $5000.

P.

If you are looking for one, let me know which, I have them all pretty much!

Keep well,

Paul.

PS : I am only referring to OEM and OJM.

Vintage moped? Any chance of a picture? I have a 1973 garelli katia, totally original right down to the bulbs in the headlamp. Hope to get it running one day...I am currently restoring 2 italjet bambino's from around 1970, one is almost done minus the petrol tank and the other needs a bracket welding before I can start painting it. I also have a diamondback venom from around 1995, just had full respray in white, looks brilliant but I am not too keen on the spoke wheels, anyone got some mags lying around:)?

How about a video?

I'll see if I have any pics.

my brother has a few Zoids that he's found at boot sales, last one was this one

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp...009234433_4.jpg

still sealed in the box, all parts on the sprues, for the princely sum of £5!!!

and the other one he found is here

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...5&sid=24472

at the bottom