moxyuk

What Other Vintage Stuff Do You Collect

I collect some retro game consoles - namely Intellivision (with Intellivoice), Super Nintendo and Atari Lynx. I have a decent collection of more modern consoles and games, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii and Nintendo DS and Gameboy stuff. I don't try to get complete collections, just the good games.

I still have my old Amiga 500 and Amiga 1200 computers.

I also collect handhelds - mostly Nintendo Game & Watches (mostly the Widescreen and Multiscreen, have Lion sitting next to my computer as a desk clock!), and a few VFD tabletop games.

Plus I have a few G1 Transformers toys, the Masterpiece edition Transformers F-15 jets, plus a few other transforming Robotech toys (VF-1A, YF-19 and YF-21).

- James

Aha - another Lynx collector! I still play Rampart on my Lynx regularly - and Lemmings is superb too....

think i still have a few c64 games at my mum and dads

will have to dig them out

this is my retro console collection, give or take a few! i also have a lot of games for most of these, so with my 25 or so tamiya's, my 'living space' is limited! lol!!

nintendo

nes x 2

snes x 2

super famicom x 1

n64 x 3 (1 x pikachu edition)

gamecube x 3 (one a silver jap import with gameboy convertor)

gameboy original x 3

gameboy pocket x 1

gameboy pocket colour x 3

virtualboy x 2

gameboy advance x 1

gameboy advance sp tribal x 1

micro gameboy x 1

DS mk1 x 1

sega

mastersystem 1 x 1

mastersystem 2 x 3

megadrive 1 x 3 ( 2 x asian import)

megadrive 2 x 3

mega cd 2 x 1

32x x 1

saturn x 2 (one for spares!)

dreamcast x 2

gamegear x 6 (+ tv tuner x 1)

commodore

c64 x 2

c64c x 2

plus 4 x 1

amiga 500 x 2

amiga 500 + x 1

amiga 600 hd x 1

amiga 1200 x 1

amiga cd 32 x 1

p500 (never released)

sony

ps1 x 2

ps2 x 4

psp x 3 (my brother's psp is black, mine white)

ps3

atari

2600 x 7 (2 x wooden 6 switch, 5 x junior)

jaguar x 1

800 xl x 1

520 st x 2

1040 ste x 2

lynx 2 x 1

atari flashback

3do

panasonic real fz-1 x 3

panasonic fz-10 x 1

goldstar 3do x 1

cd-i

phillips cd-i 210 x 3

phillips cd-i 450 x 1

phillips cd-i 205 x 1

others

milton bradley vectrex x 1

neo geo pocket x 1

neo geo pocket colour x 1

microsoft x-box crystal x 2

microsoft x-box x 1 (black case)

sinclair spectrum 48k

sinclair spectrum +2

sinclair spectrum +3

bandai wonderswan crystal

grandstand system f (uk release of fairchild system f i think?)

amstrad gx 4000

bandai video challenger

MG Gameking 2

I collect Slot Cars. I started with vintage Scalextric and when the costs got prohibative I sold them off to a collector and started collecting newer more detailed versions like Fly, AutoArt, Carrera. I have them all in glass cases in my study. I moved on to Tamiya cars recently which are now more expensive than the original Scalextric that I gave up on because they were too expensive!!!!!!!

I need to find something cheap like kniting! Maybe not :lol:

Ha! I also still have my vintage ZOID. It is the Triceratops. Complete (except the driver figure) and still working.

I also collect vintage helmets and caps. Military, Police and Firebrigade. Dunno exactly how much I own, but I think they are something around 100 or so...

I see your reference to Elite. I have a copy of the original BBC Model B game somewhere. Elite was absolutely incredible at the time, developed by David Braben and someone else whose name I can't remember.

For example, the amount of memory required to store all the details (remember no hard drives, just 32 KB memory, not all available) just for the planets would take more memory than the computer had. How did they do it? Ingeniously, as it turns out, by randomly generating the planet names and details (price and availability of materials) from phonetic sounds and within certain parameters. With the old computers, the random number generator always chose the same numbers from start up, so the random generation of planets would always be the same every time you played.

Elite also existed for the Amiga model 500, although more powerful, it managed to keep the charm of the original. I haven't played Elite for 15 years, however, this thread has prompted me to try to start to find a way!

Paul.

I had 151 "MINT" Matchbox vehicles all still with their boxes when I left school in 1989. They were from the early 70's and 80's. I found out years later that one which I had a yellow (Yellow on box)not so rare, red (Yellow on Box) quite rare and a red with red car on box only 1200odd ever released, sold for 15000 pounds at an auction at Southeby's. My cousins were let lose on my cars by my mom when they came to visit so I have none of those left. Also had the full range of Hotwheels Real Riders from the mid 80's and those are also gone.

I've build up the collection again but the prices of boxed cars are crazy these days not to mention Real Riders. Any old Matchbox and Hotwheels end up in my toy room. These days I only have newer bubble packed Hotwheels and some Matchbox cars, I think it's close to a 1000 now.

I also had some 30 odd vintage cameras but I got rid of them as they take up a lot of space.

Henk :lol:

i restored a few corgi and dinky cars ie batmobile/james bond db5/green hornet

was very happy with the end finish

The other author of Elite was Ian Bell - nice guy. If you want to play it again, I'd recommend the NES version in an emulator. Because it was designed to work with a D-pad, it makes it quiet easy to play...

I think IGN did an article on Elite recently - it was a really ground breaking game. I remember going round a mates house and he had just bought these two games - Jetpac and Elite. He was banging on about how great Elite was, but I just wanted to play Jetpac! Little did I know that I would soon be spending late nights chasing Thargoids around... :)

I am thinking of buying an old Archimedes and getting the original game on that. I don't love emulators, although I appreciate the recommendation, I would like to try it on the old computer if I can get my hands on one!

Keep well,

P.

I have a small collection of Zippo lighters, some new, some dating back as far as the 60's. I'm not a collector as such, I just buy the ones that particularly appeal.

I also have a small (but growing) collection of older toolmakers tools, Moore & Wright, Starrett, Neilson etc.

These, however, are used for their intended purpose.

Some were inherited from my father, he was an instrument maker in the 60's, others from an uncle who used to rebuild magneto's & other engine parts for the Imperial War Museum, some from my own time as a toolmaker & others from Ebay, swapmeets, boot sales etc.

I am thinking of buying an old Archimedes and getting the original game on that. I don't love emulators, although I appreciate the recommendation, I would like to try it on the old computer if I can get my hands on one!

That would be cool - arc elite was supposed to be very good too. Now you're making me want to get out my old BBC micro...

I just wish I hadn't given so much away in the years between young and nostalgic. Those years betwixt 18 and 25 so many things got the boot, BBC model B, Amiga 500, Boomerang, Tamtechs, Air Rifles.....

I have bought them all back now though, except the air rifles. Luckily I don't live in the UK, so I can go for something a bit more powerful than air. Of course, due to British health and safety laws and molly coddling the population, everyone there will live forever. Except in Glasgow, apparently.

Now where is that tongue in cheek smiley :-)

Paul.

I collect 1st generation Transformers.

I have a complete set of Takara TFC Transformers - the pretty white boxes with comic style designs on the front. I have all 22 all mint all with unused decals. I have an Optimus Prime with Pepsi trailer and Pepsi Logos and a e-Hobby Galvatron. I also have chinese knock off Optimus Primes in all clear plastic and all black plastic (cool to look at but fall apart first time they are transformed!) Also Blackout from the 1st Transformers film.

hi

what other vintage stuff do TC members collect as i started collecting vintage star wars figures by getting a CP-03 from ebay.

Then got a frog and a lunchbox aways wanted a vintage one as it was the first rc i had as a kid.

and would love to get a classic 80s 1:1 car

cheers mark

!/43rd F1 cars Have around 300

Transformers and sneakers/running shoes/trainers.

I've got Masterpiece Optimus Prime, Masterpiece UltraMagnus, Masterpiece Grimlock, Masterpiece Megatron, all the dinobots, Arcee and Starscream from Transformers Animated, G1 Smokescreen, Seaspray, Soundwave and Jazz, War Within Optimus Prime, Classics Prowl, Blue/Silverstreak, Sunstreaker, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Hound, Ironhide and Sideswipe

The only thing i seemed to collect in the 80's was bullet wounds and ex wifes B) but i loved my time in the Army .

*Kenner SSP Smash Up Derby Sets.

*Mego Micronauts.

*AFX Aurora.

*Mattel TTP Wild Riders.

*Lego.

*Matchbox.

*Meccanno.

*200 in 1 kit (Electronic kit where you could build anything from an Alram to a Radio to Morse Code devices)

Basically trying to collect all those toys I had as a child and played with and never really appreciated until they were gone.

I have aslo huge collection of vintage LEGO late 70's and early 80's ;)

There r kept safe and almos years since i had a look at them :D

very busy with RC though ;)

I am not sure it counts, but I also collect fancy coloured diamonds. Some have been polished in recent times (modern cuts), others have antique cuts, up to and more than 100 years old. In any event, all were produced millions of years ago in the earths mantle and thrust up for us to find occasionally. Fascinating things and some of them make an original Black Porsche look commonplace :-)

Paul.

The only thing i collected in the 80's was ex wife's B)