Bjoern

Top Force Evolution New Build

Hi,

I have a NIB Top Force Evo kit which I want to build (as a shelf queen). I'm unsure how to build the car - with Hop-Ups (GPM alloy parts, fluorine coated ball heads, fibre-lyte front/rear mount) or vintage without any Hop-Ups.

What do you think?

Regards

Bjoern

If the hop-ups are from the same period as when the Top Force Evo was issued I would add them for a shelfer. Though if you ever decide to run it add all hop-ups regardless if they are modern or not. :)

Which parts are original Tamiya Hop-Ups for the Evolution?

Found:

- 53056 - Pin Type Wheel Adapter

- 53219 - Touring Car Aluminum Pressure Plate Set (includes 1 piece thrust bearing)

- 53142 - Tamiya 4WD Touring & R Car Aluminum Motor Mount

- 53062 - 7010W Rotor For Dynatech 02H Motor (10T)

- 53044 - DYNATECH 02H MOTOR

- 53124 - 3mm Tungsten Diff Ball Set

Don´t know something about the hop-ups, but did you bought it on ebay in germany?

I saw it some time ago for a very good price...

A list of hop-ups are listed on the last page of the manual http://www.tamiyaclub.com/manual.asp?id=113 :lol:

Yes, I know that but some parts are not listed, e.g. 53219 and 53142. :)

Don´t know something about the hop-ups, but did you bought it on ebay in germany?

I saw it some time ago for a very good price...

Yes, I bought it on ebay Germany. I also think that it was a good price.

Bjoern

****, you were a little bit faster than me...

Hope you have fun with it!

Please show us some updates :lol:

The (alloy) pressure plates are the same but Hop-Up 53219 has a 1 piece thrust bearing (not included in 53112 and in the Top Force kit).

http://cgi.ebay.ch/Tamiya-53219-Touring-Ca...id=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.ch/Tamiya-53112-Top-Force-...id=p3286.c0.m14

Bjoern

True, but the Thrust Bearing is available on it's own, part 53136.

Antony

• Like 1

Just about every Hop Up you can get including part numbers and most photos... http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31350

Have fun and post pics! I don't dear venture into my NIB TFE...

I want to build my TFE as a shelf queen only with Hop-Ups from the same period as when the Top Force Evo was issued and they must be original Tamiya parts.

My second Top Force will be more like yours.

Bjoern

I want to build my TFE as a shelf queen only with Hop-Ups from the same period as when the Top Force Evo was issued and they must be original Tamiya parts.

My second Top Force will be more like yours.

Bjoern

Yeah, all the TFE hop ups are listed at the end of the post and there are pics of most of them as well. If you read the post you'll see that they're all described and some alternatives.

The only thing I didn't know about was 53124, where did you find it in reference to the TFE? If you're aware of anything else not in my post let me know and I'll update it.

Yeah, all the TFE hop ups are listed at the end of the post and there are pics of most of them as well. If you read the post you'll see that they're all described and some alternatives.

The only thing I didn't know about was 53124, where did you find it in reference to the TFE? If you're aware of anything else not in my post let me know and I'll update it.

I found 53124 by reading the manual of another car (I don't know which one). On the backside of the package the TFE is mentioned. That's the only reason why I will mount it.

I think you can add these parts:

- 53098 - Stainless Steel Suspension Shaft Set (included in the TFE kit)

- 54075 - Ball-Head King Pins (2) TB-03, TRF416 (5x9mm Ball Heads fluorine coated to mount the lower 5mm damper adjuster)

- 53599 - Fluorine Coated 5mm Aluminum Ball Nut

- 53162 - (black) - Anodized Flange Lock Nuts

- 53601 - 5mm Adjuster (low friction = better than "your" 50875)

- 87099 - Tamiya Cera-Grease HG Boron Nitride Compound - better grease

- 53439 - AW Grease (drive shafts)

It is hard to build a TFE (especially with the aluminium drive gear ;) ) only with some Hop-Ups but I think when building a vintage TFE it is a must.

I'm unsure - should I also use the "53164 4WD Touring & Rally Car Hollow Carbon Gear Shaft Set"?

I think you have most of them covered with previous replies, but here is my list (parts i used when i built 5 TFE's from NIP parts).

53112 (these are the period correct parts, 53219 are later parts meant for touring cars)

53044 Dynatech 02H Motor

53055 Racing Rear wing set ( i think it looks **** on a TFE personally but it is correct hop up wing)

53056 Metal wheel adaptors (Pin Type)

53073 Manta Ray Ball Bearing set (Gives you the All blue sealed bearings you will need although TFE came with them originally i thought, i used them for new built from parts)

53084 & 53088 Square Spike tyres

53098 Stainless shafts

53110 6mm Ball end set

53142 Metal Motor Mount

53164 Carbon gear shaft set

replacement parts 53071, 53072, 53073, 53093, 53092, 53109 etc.

Most are available from vintage-tamiyaparts and some from europro

If you are trying to do a TFE from parts, you will most certainly need to buy the original screw bags since they contain all of the original titanium hardware.

For example, the 53098 stainless shaft set you have listed will fit, but the TFE came with Ti hinge pins that were never available as a hop up option.

-S

53112 (these are the period correct parts, 53219 are later parts meant for touring cars)

I choosed 53219 because of the included ball thrust bearing and because the TFE is also mentioned on the backside of the package.

53055 Racing Rear wing set ( i think it looks **** on a TFE personally but it is correct hop up wing)

I think the only part I forgot to list.

53164 Carbon gear shaft set

Should I install the set or not? Same "problem" with the speed tuned gear set.

For example, the 53098 stainless shaft set you have listed will fit, but the TFE came with Ti hinge pins that were never available as a hop up option.

I'm not sure but I don't think that the TFE kit contains Ti hinge pins. The 53098 stainless shaft set is also listed as a spare part / hop up in the TFE manual.

The stainless shaft set is not included in the (titanium) screw bags. The shafts are seperately packed.

I'm not sure but I don't think that the TFE kit contains Ti hinge pins. The 53098 stainless shaft set is also listed as a spare part / hop up in the TFE manual.

The stainless shaft set is not included in the (titanium) screw bags. The shafts are seperately packed.

Although the manula suggests the stainless pins as a spare/replacement, I can assure you that the hinge pins are made from titanium. Same goes for the turnbuckles and most of the hardware.

Here is a picture of the shaft bag:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/search.php?q=9405...5&image.y=4

9405752.jpg

Thanks to europro Antony for the picture :blink:

-Steve

Hi Steve,

I have both, the stainless steel shaft set + Turn-Buckle shaft set and the original, vintage shaft bag from the TFE (your picture). I can't see any differences. The colour of titanium is different (screws). I'm sure that my TFE kit contains no titanium shaft set and Turn-Buckle shaft set.

The only differences I can see are between TF and TFE (shaft set + Turn-Buckle shaft set are different).

Regards

Bjoern

I got some Turnbuckle Tie Rods advertised as being for the TF and they didn't fit my TF. So I thought they must be for the TFE. They are silver colour not grey.

Easiest test would be I assume with a magnet. Titanium is not magnetic ? So if it sticks to a magnet, it ain't Titanium ?

I'll get my set out and try them with a magnet.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Easiest test would be I assume with a magnet.

Bingo - Best way to identify titanium anything. Also makes it difficult retrieve with a magnetic probe :blink:

-S

Although the manula suggests the stainless pins as a spare/replacement, I can assure you that the hinge pins are made from titanium. Same goes for the turnbuckles and most of the hardware.

Here is a picture of the shaft bag:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/search.php?q=9405...5&image.y=4

9405752.jpg

Thanks to europro Antony for the picture :P

-Steve

I just checked my bag of parts that looks identical to this (but they are all silver colored parts) and they are ALL magnetic . Only Nickel , Iron , and Cobalt are in common use in R/C and are magnetic . Thus the parts are either High Tensile / High Carbon steel which has been Nickel or Chromium hard plated and maybe case hardened , or something similar. They can't be Stainless steel as it is terrible stuff to machine and destroys your tooling way too fast. No way are these parts that I have Titanium . Also mine are the wrong color to be Ti . Ti is mid to dark grey and matt in color if I remember right.

Is there definitely a Ti version of these parts that the TFE had? If so, can those of you who think that you have such parts please check them by seeing if they stick to a 540 motor!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Also does anyone have a TFE NIB and can confirm that they have these parts in a visually mid to dark grey matt color ?

Cheers,

ARG

Weird - I have a set of Titanium hinge pins that were apparently from a TFE kit... :P

Sorry guys, looks like I may be dead wrong on this one; Thank you Alistair for confirming this! :(

So I wonder where my hinge pins came from.. Did GPM make a set like this?

-Steve