Sign in to follow this  
treehugger

$50 To Ship Ups Ground I Got A $17 Beat Up Postal Service

i bought a kyosho salute on the fee bay i got it for a good price used a couple of times still new bridgestone sand supers no scratchs compleat $112.50 i new the shipping was fiffty bucks and was bidding kepping that in mind anyway 50 bucks ups ground 2-7 days so two weeks latter i get a beat up spilt box that looked like the postman had chocked his wheels with it . and the postmark said $17.50 post office well now im ******* i email and the response was as follows she tells me in no uncertain words my ups ground money went to push up her take on the car she wanted two hundred for the car but the postage stamp pic did iy no justic

IF IT SAID UPS GROUND 2-7 DAYS SHOULD SHE BE HELD TO THAT ?Dear treehugger206,

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyMess...itAction.Show=x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:X:RTQ:US:1123

thats right shipping is shipping and im sure that if the auction would have been won in ca then it would have been about the same but thats not the point / you should just be happy with what YOU PURCHASED you new what the shipping charges were when you placed your bids/ you even asked me a question about the shipping i have it all on file and have submitted all of the information to the dispute deaprtment so you do what you gotta do just remember it simply states NO RETURNS on the auction im sure you seen that too! and feedback there always 1 in a crowd

- roncinda7 Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: roncinda7

Subject: Re: treehugger206 has sent a question about: Item not Received for item #300345552944, that ended on Sep-13-09 17:14:12 PDT - KYOSHO SALUTE REMOTE CONTROL BUGGY

Sent Date: Sep-30-09 15:42:07 PDT

Dear roncinda7,

well shipping is shipping not make the money up fee and ups ground is not not beat a box postal service if you wanted 200 for it you should have put a reserve on it im prepaired to take it all the way and the feedback i got from ebay is there looking to clamp down on rip off shipping fees so last chance to keep you 100% feedback score

- treehugger206

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: treehugger206

Subject: Re: treehugger206 has sent a question about: Item not Received for item #300345552944, that ended on Sep-13-09 17:14:12 PDT - KYOSHO SALUTE REMOTE CONTROL BUGGY

Sent Date: Sep-30-09 05:24:20 PDT

Dear treehugger206,

no this was my auction and i can charge whatever i what 2 for shipping if i listed this for .99 cents and wanted 2 charge $200 for shipping i can / i am not giving u 32.00 back on the 100 that u paid for this buggy it is worth way more than that and i have alot more $ in it/ sorry

- roncinda7

Sent Date: Sep-29-09 12:09:57 PDT

Dear roncinda7,

your ad said ups 2-7 days and you charged me 50 bucks it cost

17.57 and took over two weeks my claim is for the balance of the

50 because you didnt spend it on tape a decent box or postage so

to nip this in the bud and settle it $32.43

- treehugger206

Sent Date: Sep-29-09 06:45:35 PDT

Dear treehugger206,

THIS ITEM WAS SHIPPED THE SAME TIME MY OTHER ITEMS WERE SHIPPED AND THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN RECEIVED I WILL CONTACT THE POSTAL SERVICE TODAY TO TRACK THE ITEM IT WAS SHIPPED FROM THE LOCAL POST OFICE IN HAW RIVER NC SENT REGULAR MAIL MAY TAKE UP TO 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS

- roncinda7

Subject: treehugger206 has sent a question about: Item not Received for item #300345552944, that ended on Sep-13-09 17:14:12 PDT - KYOSHO SALUTE REMOTE CONTROL BUGGY

Sent Date: Sep-25-09 20:15:18 PDT

Dear roncinda7,

hi after paying $50 for shipping i thought my item would have been here by now you didnt send me a shipping number so i am in the dark if you could throw some lite on my order i would appreciate some feedback regards paul

- treehugger206

KYOSHO SALUTE REMOTE CONTROL BUGGY

Item Id: 300345552944

End time: Sep-13-09 17:14:12 PDT

Seller:

roncinda7 (176)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Mar-23-05 in United States

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was closed.

Dear treehugger206,

thats right shipping is shipping and im sure that if the auction would have been won in ca then it would have been about the same but thats not the point / you should just be happy with what YOU PURCHASED you new what the shipping charges were when you placed your bids/ you even asked me a question about the shipping i have it all on file and have submitted all of the information to the dispute deaprtment so you do what you gotta do just remember it simply states NO RETURNS on the auction im sure you seen that too! and feedback there always 1 in a crowd

- roncinda7 Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

Sent Date: Sep-30-09 15:42:07 PDT

Dear roncinda7,

well shipping is shipping not make the money up fee and ups ground is not not beat a box postal service if you wanted 200 for it you should have put a reserve on it im prepaired to take it all the way and the feedback i got from ebay is there looking to clamp down on rip off shipping fees so last chance to keep you 100% feedback score

- treehugger206

Sent Date: Sep-30-09 05:24:20 PDT

Dear treehugger206,

no this was my auction and i can charge whatever i what 2 for shipping if i listed this for .99 cents and wanted 2 charge $200 for shipping i can / i am not giving u 32.00 back on the 100 that u paid for this buggy it is worth way more than that and i have alot more $ in it/ sorry

- roncinda7

Sent Date: Sep-29-09 12:09:57 PDT

Dear roncinda7,

your ad said ups 2-7 days and you charged me 50 bucks it cost

17.57 and took over two weeks my claim is for the balance of the

50 because you didnt spend it on tape a decent box or postage so

to nip this in the bud and settle it $32.43

- treehugger206

Sent Date: Sep-29-09 06:45:35 PDT

Dear treehugger206,

THIS ITEM WAS SHIPPED THE SAME TIME MY OTHER ITEMS WERE SHIPPED AND THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN RECEIVED I WILL CONTACT THE POSTAL SERVICE TODAY TO TRACK THE ITEM IT WAS SHIPPED FROM THE LOCAL POST OFICE IN HAW RIVER NC SENT REGULAR MAIL MAY TAKE UP TO 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS

- roncinda7

Subject: treehugger206 has sent a question about: Item not Received for item #300345552944, that ended on Sep-13-09 17:14:12 PDT - KYOSHO SALUTE REMOTE CONTROL BUGGY

Sent Date: Sep-25-09 20:15:18 PDT

Dear roncinda7,

hi after paying $50 for shipping i thought my item would have been here by now you didnt send me a shipping number so i am in the dark if you could throw some lite on my order i would appreciate some feedback regards paul

- treehugger206

KYOSHO SALUTE REMOTE CONTROL BUGGY

Item Id: 300345552944

End time: Sep-13-09 17:14:12 PDT

Seller:

roncinda7 (176)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Mar-23-05 in United States

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was closed.

If I got the gist of that right, the seller:

* charged 50 USD for UPS shipping, but used regular post (17.50 USD);

* is of the opinion they can charge whatever they like for shipping, and use whatever service they like;

* has admitted they regard shipping as a way of upping the total they get for an item;

* has refused your request for a refund of the difference; and

* has submitted everything to the dispute department.

The last part is laughable - no way has that happened, I'm sure it's just a way to scare you off.

You've been gipped, the seller is 100% wrong, so I think you have three options here:

The first would be to take it through the dispute process - a lot of time and hassle. I'm not sure I'd do it for $30, but that's just me - plus I think if you've already opened as dispute for an "item not recieved" you can't then open another one?

The second option is to just draw a line under it, do nothing - don't even leave feeback, just try not to let it spoil the car.

The third way is to leave appropriate feedback - which let's face, is going to mean a negative here, plus I think you could legitimately put low scores on the "accuracy", "seller communication" and "shipping cost" Detailed Seller Ratings.

If you do go this route, be careful what you say - it does need to be accurate and emotionally neutral, if you want it to stay up and be heeded by other potential buyers, so "Charged $50 for UPS shipping, but used $17.50 USPS service. Refuses to refund" is ok, "STOLE 30 BUx From Me RIPOFF do not use RIPOFF" is not :)

no this was my auction and i can charge whatever i what 2 for shipping if i listed this for .99 cents and wanted 2 charge $200 for shipping i can
Report it to ebay as they see it as fee avoidance.

Don't forget as the buyer you can post negative feedback, but the seller can't post negative feedback for you.

i oppened a claim as undelivered and then it arived next day so i was able to change it in ppay pal as exsesive shipping charge . so will keep you posted

ps thanks for the summary jonny retro

ohh :) and the car is great its allready nut and bolt stripped cleaned and ready for rebuild i may put a optima body on it will post some pics when done

Just adding my two penneth to this.

Terry Sc is partly right, they do see excessive shipping as fee avoidance, so as the seller incoprrectly claimed in the reply "i can charge 99c and then 200 shipping" thats not correct, he would get reported to ebay as fee avoidance, but charging $50 for shipping is up to the seller (bad practice but in no way against ebay rules), ebay rules state shipping can include cost of shipping, packing costs, material costs, handling costs and most other things you wish to put in there really, so to re-cap the seller can do what they like on shipping (as i said its bad priactice) the buyer can report them to ebay but will get nothing back as paypal/ebay are really not interested in these type of disputes, as long as the buyer got the items and its NOT a "Not as desribed case" they will do nothing, so really i would not bother trying, they will tell you what i have said above about shipping costs.

Leave a negative feedback in CAPITAL letters so everyone can see it and then move on to enjoying your new RC.