Sign in to follow this  
counterviper

Tamiya Stargek

as u see i sent in my tlu-02 for them to see as the tlu-02 have some problem,they call me to wait!! i waited for 6month no reply yet!! so i call them and ask them,they say can not repair and call me to buy a new 1!! i bought mine at $80 and he say he give me gd price if i trade in my TLU-02!! I say ok then he say i need to pay $80 in order to trade in!!WTH!!

Some more he is the agent in sg!! i bought the DF-01 (porsche cayenne) ask them have spare parts they say have have have,

when i need 1 parts urgent,,they say need to order,min 1 month to reach!! why they sell car no spare parts in shop??

and my 1/14 ford aero max order the bumper take 2 month then can come! :)

Did you just sign up to complain about a trader?

I do not think this is the forum for this but I'll leave it to the moderators to decide.

Clearly, the person you called could be at fault for this but I do not think it reflects the attitude of the vendor. They are a main distributor for Tamiya so I would seriously doubt they would act in this manner.

My suggestion is to calm down and speak to their boss about it. Their reaction could also be in response to how you ask for assistance.

Did you just sign up to complain about a trader?

I do not think this is the forum for this but I'll leave it to the moderators to decide.

Clearly, the person you called could be at fault for this but I do not think it reflects the attitude of the vendor. They are a main distributor for Tamiya so I would seriously doubt they would act in this manner.

My suggestion is to calm down and speak to their boss about it. Their reaction could also be in response to how you ask for assistance.

as u can see this is a general discussions and i need help from others,, so u say that u do not think this is the forum for this,so wat is a general discussions ??? so if just by talking to the boss will help i would have do so!! u understand!!! if u don believe u can go and ask wherther they have any spare part that i say on the first post!!

i sign up not to complain but i wanted to find anyone who can help in this issue and i also wanted to learn more about the cars!! i don know wat r ur corncen!!

No offense, but can u not use singlish? Quite hard for other people to follow.

Anyways, did u record the conversation?

Did it ever occur to you that they only keep limited number of each spare parts? Because that is what I gather from my trip there years ago. Take it another way, you are not the only one in singapore owning those cars. Further, if memory serves me right, Stargek also sells on ebay, so that may have depleted their stock.

All the annoying aggravation and swearing... mate, regardless how old and casual some of the members here are, this is still a pg13 forum. Please keep the content that way.

Singlish / bad english what ever we call it, and the general flaming tone of your post is not helping you out. Calling people bro certainly doesn't invite answers.

Why did you wait six months before contacting them again? I know Andrew Law at Stargek and he seems like a reasonable person to me. Why not have a calm discussion with him and see what he suggests?

Regarding spares, you have access to the net so why not order from another online seller? For everyone this is the same - if our local / usual supplier doesn't have what we need when we need it then we look elsewhere.

Singlish / bad english what ever we call it, and the general flaming tone of your post is not helping you out. Calling people bro certainly doesn't invite answers.

Why did you wait six months before contacting them again? I know Andrew Law at Stargek and he seems like a reasonable person to me. Why not have a calm discussion with him and see what he suggests?

Regarding spares, you have access to the net so why not order from another online seller? For everyone this is the same - if our local / usual supplier doesn't have what we need when we need it then we look elsewhere.

sorry about my singlish, i have check from them,they say no news yet,so they told me to wait!!! and i not rich to apply for paypal or watever!!

the only way i buy things i buy from shop!! :D

I check DF-01 parts no one have it!! so can u find for me !! Thx!! :)

but the concern is the TLU-02!! i don understand why i trade in mine and still need to pay $80?? :D:D

sorry about my singlish, i have check from them,they say no news yet,so they told me to wait!!! and i not rich to apply for paypal or watever!!

the only way i buy things i buy from shop!! :D

I check DF-01 parts no one have it!! so can u find for me !! Thx!! :)

but the concern is the TLU-02!! i don understand why i trade in mine and still need to pay $80?? :D:D

Looks like you can use a brief tutorial in communication... Simply put, if the person on the other end ask u to wait for news, and u waited, then you're relying on nothing but faith. Get the person's attention, show him/her that the matter on hand is very important to you. You're not his/her only client/friend/customer/etc..., people do forget. Don't tell me u've never been in a relationship before??

BTW, you don't have to be rich to have a paypal account. you simply need something like a visa debit account. You can use the card at any credit card vendor, and the purchase will be debited from your account balance.

Which DF01 part u need? probably I can part it out from 1 of my TA01/02 or DF01 cars. Is Mr. Kiasu comic still around?

As for the TLU-02, were you inquiring to the same person? Get a name and then you can spit the flame. Maybe u both got time go out together to kopi tiam for tea or ice coffee. Maybe there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

I used to speak singlish, then I realized I my singlish got people puzzled, so then I change.

Umm, before u ask, no, I didn't major in communication... simply common sense and life bitterness.

Looks like you can use a brief tutorial in communication... Simply put, if the person on the other end ask u to wait for news, and u waited, then you're relying on nothing but faith. Get the person's attention, show him/her that the matter on hand is very important to you. You're not his/her only client/friend/customer/etc..., people do forget. Don't tell me u've never been in a relationship before??

BTW, you don't have to be rich to have a paypal account. you simply need something like a visa debit account. You can use the card at any credit card vendor, and the purchase will be debited from your account balance.

Which DF01 part u need? probably I can part it out from 1 of my TA01/02 or DF01 cars. Is Mr. Kiasu comic still around?

As for the TLU-02, were you inquiring to the same person? Get a name and then you can spit the flame. Maybe u both got time go out together to kopi tiam for tea or ice coffee. Maybe there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

I used to speak singlish, then I realized I my singlish got people puzzled, so then I change.

Umm, before u ask, no, I didn't major in communication... simply common sense and life bitterness.

THX i need 2set of spur gear for Df-01!! u know where i can find it? :D:D

i don have visa and credit card!! (sg very hard to apply) :)

and BTW where u from?

THX i need 2set of spur gear for Df-01!! u know where i can find it? :D:D

i don have visa and credit card!! (sg very hard to apply) :)

and BTW where u from?

If you want the one with the alloy drive and idler gear, I think I can look it up in my 2nd hand parts bin... you can have it for shipping to your place (at your cost).

a debit card with a visa logo on it will solve many issues. no need credit card.

I'm an indo residing in Australia, used to enroll in mei chin secondary... around queenstown area. I think the school has now been demolished... anyways... too much fighting la. local boys keep picking a fight with me because their girls keep running to me. And I keep running away from the girls (trouble). Swan hobby still around ma? If u see Winnie say hi to her 4 me.

If you want the one with the alloy drive and idler gear, I think I can look it up in my 2nd hand parts bin... you can have it for shipping to your place (at your cost).

a debit card with a visa logo on it will solve many issues. no need credit card.

I'm an indo residing in Australia, used to enroll in mei chin secondary... around queenstown area. I think the school has now been demolished... anyways... too much fighting la. local boys keep picking a fight with me because their girls keep running to me. And I keep running away from the girls (trouble). Swan hobby still around ma? If u see Winnie say hi to her 4 me.

YA SHE STILL around !! i like to get things from her!! she sure reply very fast!!haha

in no particular order...

1, can get VISA debit card from most banks even the big ones like OCBC & HSBC... y so hard?

(unless you're a blacklisted creditcard scammer - if you are then i can't help you solli)

2, stargek dun stock much older parts, can get via special order but usually easier/faster to self-buy online from elsewhere

Cayenne is old car, i assume they cleared out their stocks by making it the Enduro car in Aug 2008... was real funny

seeing all these SUVs racing around the carpet track with styrofoam obstacles for 2hrs. Most teams survived to finish too.

Parts older than that eg TA03 etc will be "pre" Stargek too.

3, if you burn out any electronics... always cheaper just to buy all-new unit, never cost-efficient to repair or service

4, Winnie & Sw'an is part of SG RC institution and if she's not there, sun won't rise tomorrow :lol:

If there's a buck to be made Aunty Winnie will stock it... although imho there's no $ to be made in DF01 parts.

She did have a goodsized shipment of M05PRO kits last week though!

5, according to MoE MeiChin SC got swallowed by Queenstown Sec

http://www3.moe.edu.sg/prime/dgp/queenstow...ei_chin_sec.htm

6, MrKiasu not that popular now i think... i didn't see usual big shelf @ Popular bookstore.

I think now may be easier to find them up in KL Times bookstore haha, but i prefer to buy LAT etc instead.

My KIASU COLLEGE bumpersticker still surviving no problem.

Apology in advance for any singlish leh.

more on the Mr Kiasu front... http://www.youth.sg/content/view/1799/28/1/0/

hmm interesting there's talk of a #10 book maybe for comeback in 2009... will keep my eyes & ears open

LOL, how did this thread go from a whinge about Stargek to Winnie's RC shop to Mr Kiasu???

Still, Counterviper, your whinging and whining and quite poor scattershot blasts of Singlish isn't really helping anybody understand the situation. And all that !!!!!! and ???? and ?!?!?!?! doesn't help either.

You'll be surprised at how many Singaporeans/Malaysians/Indonesians are here on this site and yes we can communicate in decent English understood by any native English speaker.

Many of us have met Andrew Law in person too. Go up into the shop, speak to him nicely if you need to. Remember a golden rule in asking for a service done, if you behave like a twat, you'll be treated like a twat.

aiyah, singlish bohchup leh...

If Andrew dun give satisfaction then go whinge to his daddy the MD Mr Tony Law then, see how you much further you get there. If not travelling he is there in shop most days including Sunday, that clan is amazing hardworking i dunno how they boleh tahan.

As for going offtopic then back again... we are all old hats :)

Here's something that might make any SG expats homesick

--> SINGAPORE COMPLAINTS CHOIR

(as expected, the choir got banned haha)

A positive ROTFLMAO at all the responses :) hahaha

anyways, counterviper, if u still want the spur gear and idler gear out of the DF01, I have 2 used sets, both still in good condition. Just pay shipping. Otherwise I'll just chuck the idlers into my GX1, in lieu to make another chassis based on TA01/02.

Anyways, as Willy mentioned, anything before TA03 is pre Stargek, as in u should be bugging Tai Sing. Thing is, when Tai Sing got split, all the Tamiya stock goes to Stargek.

Aiyoh! all this Singlish got me fun headache..

hah Taising today sometimes can't even get spares for current vehicles... i gotta go down tekan them for HPI Baja bits see if got or not... i'm betting 'not'

Good gosh I just noticed from the info bars that so many of us are residing in Melbourne.

Back on topic, Stargek has done heaps to raise awareness for RC in Singapore. People continue to complain about their prices and all, but there is no other single shop/showroom for Tamiya in the Asia Pacific region (besides Japan itself) that is as well stocked and presented as the Tamiya showroom in Singapore. Plus, Stargek organises the TCS series, RTR sign up and race events at high profile venues, all contribute to helping RC there. If you've attended any RC race run by Stargek, you'll know that the company bosses are always seen at the race venues, asking participants for feedback in the pits. While they are profit orientated (who isn't these days), they take participant feedback very seriously.

Just you try Australia. The local Tamiya importer Toy Traders is hopeless. Every Tamiya bit I want now I just order from HK. I don't even bother with the local Melbourne Hobby stores anymore. In Singapore, I can walk into Stargek, Taising, Swan, Racecraft Infinity, and between these four big shops it is guaranteed that I will find any tiny thing I need for my hobby RC cars and my racing Hotbodies Cyclone touring car.

In Singapore, if I crash my car during a race and break something, I can hop into any nearby hobby shop for a spare bit and get the car running again in less than 24 hours. Remember folks, Singapore is an island that is only 46km across at its widest point. In Melbourne it's a whole other story.

In Melbourne, I drive an hour or more between shops, and more often than not the shop staff are clueless. For example, last month I wanted a 64-pitch 50 teeth pinion gear. In Singapore, every major hobby shop will stock them. In Melbourne, over 2 weeks, I went to 3 major hobby shops spread out all over the metro area. No one had a 64p 50T pinion. What's worse, they all claim that it doesn't exist, some saying that 64p pinions don't go above 45T. Sorry mate, I reply, Kawada makes 64p pinions up to 54T. What a waste of time. I simply gave up looking here and ordered online from Hong Kong. A few clicks on the internet and wait for it in the mail.

The trouble with Melbourne hobby shops I find is that they take a scattershot approach to doing things. They'll stock a few RC cars here and there, but no/not enough parts to support it. Even a decent, entry level 2.4Ghz radio is hard to come by here without resorting to the internet. Every shop has just racks of old, obsolete 27mhz AM radio gear.

So while you can get a car, getting spares for it is another matter. Or you can buy a TA05, race it awhile and decide that you now want to get serious and find a TRF416. Sorry the hobby shop owners will try their darndest to convince you that you can't get a TRF416 in Melbourne. But they forget, we can just turn to the internet.

So for you, (yes you counterviper) are whinging on in Singapore about the 'quality of service' at Stargek, I suggest you can it until you've had a taste of how difficult it is to get RC spares in some other parts of the world. In the Asia Pac region, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore are the three countries with the largest, best stocked RC stores. If you live in any of these countries you have no reason to complain about parts availability.

Still, what's good about Melbourne is the awesomely friendly RC racing scene. It's just the hopelessly ill-stocked shops that I have a problem with.