mooter

Nib Monster Beetle Body Set 5313 / 50313

I bought a NIB body set and it arrived today - a thing of (expensive) beauty. Well, it would be if it weren't for some of the 'damage' that wasn't listed in the auction and some potentially missing pieces! As far as I can work out a COMPLETE body set should also include the spot lights parts - the bag of metal bits that comes with it has the u-brackets in for attaching the spot lights to the bar, but no bar and no spot lights.

It is also missing the silver Q parts (the head/foglight parts)

What was included might be a better start:

Body Shell (some stress marks on the plastic means that it will have to be sprayed, I can't just leave it red)

P Parts - including nose cone, driver, other shell parts (the usual)

D Parts - window and head/foglight lens

Antenna

Bag of metal bits and pieces

Oh and decals

Now the bag certainly suggests that it should come with the spot-light bar/spot lights as it contains all of the screws and brackets to put this together. This image would also suggest that I am missing some bits - http://www.tamiyabase.com/parts/images/350/50313.jpg

Can anyone point me in the direction of further proof or are there any others who have bought a NIB body set themselves and if so, what did it contain?

I'm waiting for the seller to come back to me with his thoughts so I figured I'd ask the experts (yes, you lot) in the meantime! :o

Cheers

mooter

I got both white and red bodyset NIB at home so I check later and let you know if someone hasn't allready letf you an answer!

Badboy

Cheers guys - looks like I got screwed :P I really should have confirmed with the seller first, but when it is listed as a "complete body set" and the photo's show things hidden under the shell I stupidly assumed I was getting everything that *should* have been included.

The description said:

"The 1/10 Monster Beetle Spare Body Set (Part #5313) is extremely hard to get a hold of nowadays. Comes with everything you see. Main VW bug body, nose-cone, full decal sticker sheet, instruction sheet, antenna, and misc. hardware + body pins, pilot/driver, windshield, foglights, etc!"

Yes, I know, comes with everything I see. :) Although the worded description says "etc!" at the end, indicating (to me anyway) that there is more he hasn't listed in words. It now seems that there wasn't any "etc!" and I just got stung.

Although saying that, the description does include "foglights" but none were sent - just the lens that is part of the D tree - the Q parts are missing. No G tree either - therefore no spots :)

I can only assume the seller has been busy selling them as separate items and I was foolish enough to buy whatever was left in the box.

No returns either apparently. No offer of any partial refund either. What would you do in this situation? It's an expensive 'mistake' to make and as far as I'm concerned the items sent are not as described (foglights at the least, not to mention the "complete" part in the title!).

Yes, you're right, it does.

Body x 1 - supplied

D Parts x 1 - supplied

E Parts x 1 - missing

G Parts x 1 - missing

P Parts x 1 - supplied

Q Parts x 1 - missing

Sticker set x 1 - supplied

Antenna Pipe x 1 - supplied

Metal Parts Bag x 1 - supplied

So three trees missing, two of which are rather large and expensive, not to mention hard to get hold of! :'(

I think I can link here now the auction has ended, so for everyone else - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200372182665

Was I just an idiot who should have asked questions or is the seller deceiving? It is listed as a "Tamiya 1/10 VW MONSTER BEETLE Vintage Complete Body Set" and as I can now tell, it is far from complete. Feel like shouting at someone! Grrrr.....

There you have the necessary grounds to approach the seller to try & sort things out.

Explain the situation clearly to him & ask how the situation can be resolved, if the seller is uncooperative, you can raise a PayPal claim for items "significantly not as described" & go from there.

i think as a gesture of goodwill, the seller should offer you a favourable discount / refund

it's likely that the seller didn't realise it had missing parts trees, so best not to wade in all guns blazing!

Here is the sellers response to my first email this morning, in fact, here is my email and their subsequent response so you can see it in full....

Hi,

I received the body set today - thanks. However, it is not complete!

Your listing describes the package as a complete body set. It also says

"antenna, and misc. hardware + body pins, pilot/driver, windshield, foglights"

The spot light array is missing (G parts). The silver fog light assembly is missing (Q parts). [at this stage I didn't even realise the E parts were meant to be in there!]

The body also has more 'damage' than just the scratches on top. There are stress marks to one of the door pillar's and there are some other stress lines elsewhere on the body, it looks like the shell has been squashed at some point! I'm not that happy really. The item isn't as described and it doesn't include all of the things it should.

Please either send me the missing items or refund me for the value of these items.

Thanks

Pete

-mooter2323

and the sellers response

Dear mooter2323,

Hi Pete, we stated what we have and what's shown in the pictures. Nowhere in those pictures had any G parts or Q parts for what I understand. You should have received everything pictured on our listing and nothing more (if you expected that, then please make sure to ask BEFORE making any purchases or offers). How can the body be squashed as we do not know of any other way ship items out because item was packaged VERY carefully in its original box plus another heavy duty box to prevent further damage. I seriously do not know what to say as we stated ALL our sales are final. It is just too much trouble to deal with items such as this. Also we knocked off a good amount from our asking price already, I cannot do anymore.

- cty300

The old "look at the pics" answer doesn't really help. It was listed as "complete" and it's not. The description says "etc!" but there is no "etc!". He's a long standing and prolific RC parts seller and he knows what he is doing, it's not just someone selling on a body kit to make some cash. I should have researched what should have been included before I made the payment, or at least asked questions, granted. But it still seems like I have been deliberately deceived and he's laughing all the way to the Hong Kong bank!

:)

ok i retract my previous comment

flame him!

not like it was a cheap item either

I sent a couple of other emails without any response after this too.

I then opened up the dispute and quite surprisingly the seller has just this minute escalated it to a claim themselves! Let's see what PayPal have to say about it all then eh. Interesting that he ignored my subsequent messages but now I've put in a dispute he's the one escalating it to a claim without even replying through the Resolution Centre - seems like he is the one who is going to get his guns out!

All of this just puts me off the hobby really, why can't people be honest? It's not small fry cash we're talking about here.

Well, here is his email to PayPal - me thinks someone needs anger management lessons!

This apparently is a BUY and RETURN "trying to rip off seller" type customer. EVERYTHING is as shown on my auction's listing and description. We stated ALL SALES are FINAL. Every SINGLE piece is show in the pictures we show clearly. If he doesn't see it, guess what that means it's NOT INCLUDED? This is a body set as shown. If he is missing the car/truck, well guess what, it's NOT SHOWN. So don't expect it to be part of the deal. S/H is expensive to ship these highly collectible stuff back and forth. We provide high quality photos and full description of what we are selling and obviously this buyer is not satisfied as he ASSUMES that other items are included for which we have already given him another DISCOUNT from eBay's best offer system. Simply unbelievable and NOT FAIR to me as a seller at all. I will NOT accept a return as he has already probably taken the best parts out for himself for his own purposes.

That makes no sense to me at all. Is he accusing me of stealing from him at the end there? Does he even understand my dispute? Here was my original dispute through PayPal...

Hello,The item was listed as "Tamiya 1/10 VW MONSTER BEETLE Vintage Complete Body Set" but it is not complete.Looking at the instruction manual which was included, I can tell that the kit should contain the following:Body x 1 D Parts x 1E Parts x 1G Parts x 1P Parts x 1Q Parts x 1Sticker set x 1 Antenna Pipe x 1 Metal Parts Bag x 1 The following items were not included and the kit is therefore incomplete:E Parts x 1G Parts x 1Q Parts x 1The E parts retail for around £40 (GBP) and the G parts the same, around £40 (GBP). The Q parts retail for £6.You are a seasoned RC parts seller. You knew these items were missing. The auction title is entirely misleading and the worded description was deliberately vague.If you cannot provide a part refund to cover the cost of the missing items (rare and hard to find in themselves) then I will let this dispute run its course and PayPal can decide the result. I suspect they will force you to accept the item back in exchange for a full refund, as is usually the case and I will buy from someone who is more trustworthy.Needless to say I am very disappointed. A "complete body set" should be just that, not missing three very expensive and very important parts.Peter

If I have to learn an expensive and valuable lesson here then so be it. But hopefully it will provide a nice case in point to other TC members about dealing with CTY300! He's a nice fellow, as you can tell.

Unbelievable quite frankly.

"I will NOT accept a return as he has already probably taken the best parts out for himself for his own purposes."

haha cheeky.

take the body out before you return it, and put a Striker body in its place.

Keep your cool, remain polite.

I'd locate the missing trees on Ebay with prices & ask for a partial refund to cover those costs.

The auction title clearly states Complete, each page has a disclaimer at the bottom saying "Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.", therefore he should have ensured it was complete before stating it was so. He had the instructions so had the same opportunity to check it's contents as you.

That's the problem, I've asked all the way along for a partial refund to cover the missing bits but he's not interested. He only sent me one response that I posted above and now wont even talk to me. He had the option of replying earlier on through the PayPal resolution centre, while going through their systems it doesn't involve PayPal per se. But instead he just escalated it to a claim with a rant about me stealing bits for myself! LOL! After he has already admitted that the parts weren't in their in the first place?! Nutter. I don't think his reply will win him any favours with PayPal either.

He wont communicate, he wont part refund and I'm never going to agree the cost of the missing items with him. It's going to be full refund or bust I think.

Grrrrr!

All I wanted was a "Sorry about that, don't be disappointed, here's some cash to make you go away" type thing! I'm honest, people like him aren't.

Although I can see his frustration if he genuinely didn't check the contents before offering it for sale - that isn't an excuse - nor is it your problem when the listing says "complete".

therefore he should have ensured it was complete before stating it was so. He had the instructions so had the same opportunity to check it's contents as you.

This is the clincher I think - stand your ground and good luck!

Maybe someone should also remind him that Ebay "Best Offer" system is not a mechanism for giving discounts :)

The final decision of course, now rests with PayPal, I believe you've been mislead & I hope the case is decided in your favour.

I have seen this sellers auctions in the past & something in the wording & general feel of them made me wary, it seems my gut feelings have been vindicated.

Good Luck fella.

This is not a first for "CTY300"... :)

I had a big dispute with them regarding a Celica GrB NIB bodyset I bought from them. (expencive!)

The bodyset was not complete (not a big thing in my view) but the damage to the shell was bad.

I had the same reaction pattern from them, when filing a claim, as you have. I was also asking for a part refund, but could only get "return to seller".. But, when having to pay for shipping cost (reg) both ways, it was of no point to me.

In my opinion CTY300 is a crooked business, that does not deliver service at all. They speculate in not telling the whole truth, and fights you till the end if you complain. And they are very expencive.

Here is the thread about my CTY300 experience: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...8&hl=cty300

-Lars

It's the first and last time I use him that's for sure! I'm just addicted to Monster Beetles - it's not my fault I made an impulse buy late one evening without checking all of the detail like I usually do :) "Right, NIB MB project, where's that body - a ha! - right, let's put an offer in".

All I can say is thanks to everyone here for their input - this place is an invaluable resource both in terms of knowledge and experience. Where do I sign for full blown membership? :)

I'll keep people updated as things progress and I'm about to have a read of your CTY300 thread now.

Now, does anyone have a COMPLETE NIB Monster Beetle Body Set they would like to sell me while I sort this other mess out? The other NIP bits are getting lonely and she's screaming to be built ASAP lol!

I am sorry to hear of your problem, I am going to see if I have these parts in my hobby room somewhere. In fact, I have been hovering over this thread since it started meaning to check the contents, but I didn't get round to it (family visit) but I shall try now.

The truth is, I need to warn you now, that Paypal will side with the seller on this one, as they can prove delivery and that is pretty much where Paypal stops helping (unless there is a catalogue of previous similar claims against the same seller)

The only thing (IMHO) you can do (despite eBay listing violations, which will also come to nothing, you don't really think someone actually scrutinises this, it is all automated) is threaten immediate bad feedback and Tamiyaclub.com threads (but be extremely accurate and honest, no flaming, it doesn't get you anywhere and could land you in trouble - be factual)

I have only once (and never will again - read into this what you want) buy from this seller. My good friend Lars, who is no fool got conned out of a bodyset for a Celica, which in the end I helped him replace.

I will revert shortly.

Kind regards,

Paul.

Just got back from having my head deep in a box of Monster Beetle parts and a random parts box and no luck, I am sorry if I got your hopes up. I have one NIB set and one bodyset from parts, but no spares for this model any more :-(

Paul.

Edit : Just checked the ad again, the only time it mentions complete seems to be the title. When I had the exact same problem with the Black Porsche missing S parts, I made a claim and Paypal insisted I get a known dealer (in the end, my friend Gary from Lightwater helped me a great deal) to verify the item was significantly not as described and even then I struggled to get the money out of them.

In the end ONLY bad feedback (which was then retracted on receipt of a bunch of cash) worked, but you do NOT have the luxury of being able to offer feedback withdrawal any more on eBay, which is actually somewhat (if you squint) in the seller's favour in some cases.

Paul.

Sorry for the delay but heres a pic of my two bodysets:

PICT0001-4.jpg

And yes it's included!!!

Badboy